“unforgettable experience- best getaway ever!”

Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mararikulam
Reviewed 9 November 2013

no words would explan how much me & my family enjoyed the 4 night at the Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort ,we stayed at the lovley malika pool villa , evrey thing was Amazing and way beyond the expected.
the resort : was a piece of haven on earth
The staff : the best staf ever , very frindly, superb and couldn't have been more helpful
the room: big , super clean and comfortable
the restorant : very delicious food we had most of our meals at the hotel restorand
the spa : provides guests with all that they need to relax
overall :luxurious searvice, highly recommended and we are definitly going to visit again
many thnx to the Oner, to miss Jinta Joseph for reservation arrangements, to the amazing staf , to the chif for the lovely meals and a very very special thanks to mr. Rajesh for making evrey thing perfect for us , god bless you all .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah m
carnoustie1964, General Manager at Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the kind words and look forward to welcoming you again to our Retreats at Carnoustie Ayurveda and Wellness resorts.

Best Regards !

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Memorable

This is Vinu V Nair, from Travel & Flavors Magazine,
Hey Friends,
After My Father In Law's n Mother In law's demise, my wife was so upset ( even me n My 11 year daughter Rishika) for the last 2 years, n after that I have taken them to few Resorts for a mind change, especially for my wife Reshmi Nair. After the sad demise of her parents ( that too within few months) the first time I have seen her full happiness when I have take her to CARNOUSTIE in Marari for this Onam.
We wanted to have a silent Onam this time, and believe me we got our full privacy during the last two days.
We landed in CARNOUSTIE without any prior expectation, but the way the crew treated us like anything more than my expectation.
From lobby to House ( I prefer to call that Cottage as my Second House) , Briefing about the property, Beach etc...

Delicious ....
Y I use this word, bz basically I am a very choosey person about my food,
When I ordered for lunch, the crew member asked me Sir, is that sufficient for you for the lunch since you are from Kerala n I told him that I wanted to taste your Chef's Special Conti food.
I don't have the words to describe n I called the Chef n greeted him for making our lunch so special.
The Crew::
Crew is so Friendly and as far as I am concerned they are one of the best crew members in the industry with a smiling face n service oriented.

Service:
They are one of the best.

Property:
Well maintained n the comfort level is high. Hygienic n Clean. Bathrooms are well shaped n spacious.

Onam Feast :
The traditional Onam Sadya severed on banana leaf with Ada Payasam was so delicious, I had after so many months.

Y should I visit again?
HOSPITALITY towards all the Guests are same, n I can call it as "ADITHI DEVO BHAVA..."

Conclusion:
This is from my heart which I felt, n written n if u disagree with my above comments in future I will not be responsible for this n should inform the concern about this , since I recommend this property as a peaceful n wonderful, well maintained...
Congrats to all @ CARNOUSTIE Team!!!!
BR n All the Very Best
Vinu Nair

Room Tip: Bach View and the Hospitality
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank VIINUNAIR
carnoustie1964, General Manager at Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback on our resort! We are glad we could make a difference to your holiday. We have passed on your comments to our team and derive a lot of encouragement from them.

Onam is indeed a beautiful festival and we hope you will spend a lot more Onams with us.

Thank you once again.

Warm Regards

Joseph Garcia

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We really enjoyed our 3 day stay at this resort the staff was very courteous the beach fabulous food was good and the arrangements impeccable best things are the bikes and golf carts available to roam around inside the sprawling complex

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank deepakGurgaon_India
carnoustie1964, General Manager at Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Guest,

It is an immense pleasure for me to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us. We as team Carnoustie are grateful to you for the feedback which you have given. It will be indeed an encouragement for me and my team to extend our hospitality on your next visit. We are sincerely looking forward to have you back very soon.

Warm Regards !
Joseph .G. Garcia

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Was on a short trip to Kerala (being a maiden trip for my wife) was in search of a place that could be tranquil, Serene and at the same time enchanting, and on recommendation we landed at this beautiful piece of land in Alleppey..truly a paradise...the ambience was a blend of nature and comfort...the villas were spacious with lavish interiors and tastefully designed... beautiful sun deck having a lotus pond for a super nature view of flora..the landscape was truly green to the eyes and perfectly manicured...as you walk down the path you can breathe the freshness in the air simply adding to the purity and wellness..the bamboo restaurant so uniquely built with bunches of bamboo elegently put together in an unusual design that was so spacious with the rays of sunlight beaming thru the atrium set high above..with a wide variety in the cuisine....our choice was the true and authentic Kerala dish...puttu kaadla and the Chemeen manga curry..simply superb...and yes if you are looking out for some Ayurveda and wellness there are various package to choose from to give a perfect relaxation...last but not the least ....the entire stay was further complimented by a group of well groomed staff whose courteousness and pampering would certainly give you no other choice the next time you visit Kerala......

Room Tip: Choose from any each room... gaurantees a unique view....be assured.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 100wilfy

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Carnoustie for your maiden visit to Kerala. Its indeed a pleasure to know that we could surpass your expectations, the product and its offerings which includes acres of lush green landscape that gave you a change from your hustle and bustle of your city life.Looking forward to have you staying with us again.

Kind Regards !
Joseph G Garcia

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My first impression of arriving in Kerala in March was “wow this is hot!” - The heat was 37C and humidity was 89%. The rooms however at Carnoustie were luxurious and a beautiful sanctuary from the heat during the day.

Unfortunately, the hotel beach had been washed out in a storm two weeks before we arrived but we did enjoy lounging around the pool. I am not sure what was being done to restore the beach but I do know the locals were upset and appalled by “western sunbathing rituals”. I don’t believe we would have spent too much time at the beach as it was so hot.

We enjoyed the spa with an Ayurveda treatment and yoga in the late afternoon. We also enjoyed riding the hotel bikes into town to visit the Cathedral and in the other direction to visit the local fisherman’s beach. We also watched a dance performance of the local women. My daughter and I also had our hands hennaed. There was also internet connection in the rooms.

The meals at the open air restaurant were magnificent. The staff were very helpful in recommending local cuisine. We even had local tea bagged so we could bring it home.

This is a first class experience in a beautiful environment.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Krazy5

Dear Guest,

We are grateful to receive your feedback. We appreciate that you enjoyed our other facilities in the resort. However I wish to inform you that the beach is back. Mother nature has returned it with all its glory. Do visit us again.

Warm Regards !
Joseph .G. Garcia

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Absolutely beautiful place.. well maintained and close to nature... relaxing holiday and a good spa treatment.. great variety of food...

A perfect mix of traditional and modernism and the biggest plus is the extremely warm and efficient hotel staff..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evonne2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the compliments that you gave us.It is heartening to note that you were delighted with our Spa treatments,food and friendliness and warmth of our staff. Thank you for choosing Carnoustie for your holidays.

Best Regards !
Joseph G Garcia

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Spent 3 weeks in total relaxing bliss being spoilt by everyone. From the moment we arrived to the day we left the staff just couldn't do enough for us. The large pool was fantastic. Our villa was a heaven to escape to from the heat and rain. Luxuriously well kept and absolutely clean. We woke up every morning to the beautiful view of the garden and the sea beyond. Being greeted every morning by the warmth and smiles of every staff is greatly missed.
Thank you to all at Carnoustie for making our stay such a wonderful one especially Rajesh and Jerin.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank varsh2013
carnoustie1964, General Manager at Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear from you, For the entire team of Carnoustie, It was a wonderful experience to have you for three weeks. You had become more like a family member. We appreciate the time taken by you to write such a detailed review. Thank you and we look forward to have you staying with us again.

Regards !
Joseph G Garcia.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mararikulam
Xandari Pearl
#4 of 26 in Kumarakom
Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
#1 of 28 in Kottayam

Been to Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!