Days Inn Lake Village
Relax Inn(McGehee)
US$59
US$73
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdecent place to stayquiet stayboiled eggsan overnight stayking bedwe've stayedclean roomsgreenvillefunerallinenslake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Room #107 has modern upgrades: flat screen tv, microwave oven, refrigerator, hair dryer, Keurig coffee pot in room, modern furniture and decor.
The room was clean.
The shower/bath area really could use some upgrades.
On Highway 65 We didn't see a bill board.
5-6-12 room charge $71.96 + tax = 81.31.
Affiliated with Wyndham Worldwide Hotels, Inc.
In this area of Arkansas there are very few motels to choose from. This would be a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I spent April 1st and April 2nd at this motel and the room was above my expectations however manager was very rude. I was out of my room from 10:45 AM until 4:00 pm on the 2nd and when I returned my room had not been cleaned.I called the front desk and I am sure that I was talking to the manager who rudely told me that my room would not be cleaned. He said that housekeeping left at 2:00 pm and that I had a do not disturb sign out. It was only out for 30 minutes about 10:00 am when I was changing clothes. I told him that I was not going to pay for a dirty room which had no clean towells and he said that he would charge it to my account using my credit card image on record. I advised him that I would dispute this with my credit card company. He then slammed the phone in my ear. About 5 minutes later the manager and a lady stormed into my room and said they would clean it. I went to the lobby and when I returned the manager was more civil. This person needs a course in anger management.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We went in to get a room and we declared that we did have a small Cocker Spaniel. I discussed the $25.00 charge they have for pets and the worker agreed to make it $10.. extra for our dog. After settling into our room (that smelled of tobacco smoke), my husband took Tanner out to do his doggie thing and before they made it back the manager woke me up YELLING at me on the phone. He accused us of lying and that we would have to pay $200.00 for having the pet. We talked for a moment and he said he would call me back. He did - and woke us both up......... GEEZ! After telling him we would be happy to leave, but would not pay for our lodging or anything more for our dog, he agreed we should stay and that he was going to talk to his employee. By the next morning he had come around to our way of thinking and we paid nothing extra.

Next problem: There was little food for the Extended Cont. Breakfast. He is too cheap to put food out for his customers to eat for breakfast. ie: 4 pieced of bread, 2 donuts, no jelly, no milk and six people in the dining room at the swam time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank likestocanoe2222
Reviewed 24 December 2011

This is an excellent property. Rooms are clean, WIFI works great, property is safe and secure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Veefox
Reviewed 31 August 2011

So, my family had planned a trip to Gulf Shores the end of July through the first week in August. I started searching for hotels in May since we have four kids and thought it would be unreasonable to travel 12 hours without stopping. We knew we didn't want to drive more than 5-6 hours which put us around Greenville, MS. There weren't any hotels within 100 miles that had good reviews. I called the Ramada and talked to the manager, Toni and asked him what he could tell me about his place that would make me feel better about staying there. He told me they had renovated, had new beds, new management, etc. I got a great price for booking 21 days in advance...$55 per night. We arrived late on Thursday night, around 10. The lobby smelled very clean and was nicely decorated. The guy at the front desk wasn't the friendliest, but wasn't rude either. After I got the keys, I went and checked the room first off for bed bugs, cleanliness, etc. Beds were fine...no signs of bed bugs anywhere on either bed, or headboards and nothing on luggage rack. (These are the places you look after researching online) Room was cold, didn't have a foul smell and bathroom was clean as well as the sheets and comforter. My only complaint would be the carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed very well. Breakfast the next morning was really good. They had a good selection and kept it stocked well. Coffee was good in the room and at the breakfast area. We didn't have any issues with noise either. The next morning I met Toni, the manager and he was VERY nice. We were so pleased that we stayed again on the way home and experienced the same except the guy at the front desk this time was extremely nice when we checked in late again. Our total stay was checkin around 10 pm and the first time checked out around 9 am and the second time we checked in around 9 pm and left around 7 am. We didn't have breakfast the second time, went through McDonalds next store. We were even charged the exact rate we were promised. So, for this hotel having such a bad rap, I was pleasantly surprised and I think people should give it more of a chance. Maybe it was because I called and talked to Toni before booking/staying and had promised a good review if we had a pleasant experience, but we were really pleasantly surprised and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family