“Terrible”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

Lighthouse Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Village
Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Village
“Terrible”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Worst place to stay in lake village, arkansas not clean. Pool is very nasty as are the rooms. Won't stay here again. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Owner is very rude and nasty also as all of herfriends.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 October 2011

most of the reviews written on this site must be on a diffent moted than I am in, no carpet on the floor , very old , ac st not to cool the , room some of my workers had to go some where else, we stay in motels all over the country , this one was not for us , not clocks no coffee pots , no mattress pads , very thin sheets, comode flush chain broke in 3 rooms , you get the pitcture ...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dan w

Travellers are raving about these Lake Village hotels

El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We had reservations to stay at the motel for three nights. We left the lobby and went straight to our room to discover that it smelled awful. The smell was a mixture of cigerette smoke and mildew. Our room had two double beds and a small kitchenette. The mattress on one of the beds was sagging in the middle. The room was not very clean either. I decided to go to the front desk and see about getting another room and on my way there I passed by the swimming pool which was going to be my 7 yr old's only activity for the three days there. Needless to say she was not going to step foot into that pool. It was GREEN, filled with algae. When I got to the lobby, I wanted to cancel our reservations but they would only cancel two nights instead of three because we didn't give a 24 hr notice of cancellation. Well, I didn't get a 24 hr notice that the place was going to be disgusting either.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Cpoole35
arkansas
Reviewed 29 June 2009

The 1st room we were suppose to stay in had wasp inside the room.There was wasp nest near the door. That was bad enough,but when we finally got in the room it smeeled like mildew. I went back to the front and got another room. We opened the door and the 1st thing we saw was a huge roach.What we call godzilla bugs because they are huge.There were roaches in the bathroom also. They were dead but aghhhhhh. Back to the main office we went again. (the help at the office didn't even act surprised by the rooms)We had to up grade to get a better room. This one had a kitchenette in it which meant a microwave and small fridge in it. The room seem to smell alot better. These rooms were newer. We had to plug and unplug the tv,the remote wouldn't turn it on and off and the telephone didn't work but thank God we didn't see any roaches.There were small blood splatters all over the walls where someone had killed abunch of moquitoes.My brother in law and his family stayed in the newest room and they were really nice.Their towels even looked clean. We told the onwer about the roaches and he ask if the bugs were dead..yes they were i told him and he said good,the spray worked then. I suggested that maybe they clean the rooms before guest arrive. He said awe thats just part of living in the delta.I don't think so... Hey the resturant was great. They had a guy singing and playing guitar.Food and waitresses were also great. We ended up paying $75.00 for this room.never again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
TN
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Had a room with a pull out bed that was held together with a bunch of string! Not impressed by the cleaniness either.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank sayin
Mississipi
Reviewed 18 December 2007

I stayed here the last weekend of Nov with 4 of my friends while hunting. I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. We stayed in the 2 Luxury Kings and a Double Queen in the building on the highway.

On my last visit we stayed at the Ramada in Lake Village. I was not pleased at all, so we decided to give LakeShore a try, and it was well worth it.

The food next door is GREAT! LakeShore Cafe has the best seafood around. I had the Snapper, one of my companions had the Grilled Salmon and my two other friends had steak. It was the best meal of the trip. The other night we ate in Greenville at Doe's. It wasn't very good for the price and the location isn't safe.

The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. All of our rooms had a private patio with a great view of the Lake. I also noticed outlets at the back door on the patio. I think when my club fishes Lake Chicot again I'll stay here and keep my boat next to my room.

This place is great for the outdoorsman or for someone looking for a weekend get-a-way that doesn't require a ton of money for every day you stay.

I would recommend this establishment. The staff was friendly and energetic.

• Liked — Very nice rooms at an affordable price
  • Disliked — No on demand movies
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 February 2007

This place is typical of what you find in small towns. The Lakeshore has four long, one story buildings. One is right on Lake Chicot, unfortunately we stayed in the building which is right on Hwy 82 which made for lots of road noise. If you ever stay here ask for a room in one of the other buildings. Another reviewer referred to their room as a luxury king. Well it was a big room and the frig, macrowave, coffee maker all worked as did the TV. And the room was clean. However, the lights over the lavatory had four bulbs only one of which was burning. It took forever for the hot water to get hot., once it did it was plenty hot. The a/c unit was either too hot or too cold. One thing that turned me off was that they required a copy of my drivers license. I understand why they might want to see a license but why did they need a copy? This after I paid cash in advance. But hey it was cheap, $60.50 a night.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Village
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
South Shore Cottages
South Shore Cottages
#1 of 4 in Lake Village

Been to Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!