“Visit Soon & Often.!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeview
Gaston's White River Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lakeview
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've stayed at Gaston's many, many times over the years (since 1985) & it was always very a pleasurable experience! I recommend Gaston's to all of my friends! Everything is 1st. Class, clean, friendly staff, great guides, 5 Star Restaurant, the airport facilities are great & the service is unsurpassed. They even remember your name when you walk in!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

"“Visit Soon & Often.!!!” Thank you, thank you !!! For your VERY kind review, needless to say such makes all of here at Gaston's White River Resort feel GREAT!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you are looking for a place to relax, catch Rainbows or Brownies then I highly recommend Gastons White River Resort. Beautiful area of Arkansas, world class service/amenities and a restaurant that can't be beat. If camping is your bag, then Bull Shoals/White River State Park is just down the road. Both are right on the world famous White River. Give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RTCrouch
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you !!! For your very kind review !!! Pleased that you enjoy Gaston's White River Resort and Bull Shoals White River State Park. Camping? I AGREE "the park" is the best.

Such a nice day here today I am going take some time off and enjoy our nature trails ... Then up to the "park" ... just nature, my cameras and me :-)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The view of the river from the restaurant is such a relaxing atmosphere and the food is great with excellent service. My wife calls Gaston's our Happy Place! It is our get away form the stress of the corporate world in Dallas.

I found them looking for Fly fishing lessons. Try the tout fishing guide service too, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Good day from Gaston's White River Resort ... Your "Happy Place", I love that comment :-)

Your kind review is most welcome and thank you ... looking forward to seeing y'all again at the "Happy Place" :-)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Ozark’s 2014 Back-Country Fly-In was held at Gaston’s this past May. We had over 40 planes, lots of Fly-outs, a Short Take Off and Landing competition, and some exhibition flying.

Gaston’s was an ideal venue and Jim Gaston is extremely supportive and helpful regarding the needs of his “Fly-In” guests.

We also had a Gaston’s catered, outdoor dinner (for the Fly-In participants). A wonderful BBQ was grilled (dinner side), and a great Band played. Add-in a dedicated beer tent and it is no surprise that a wonderful time was had by all.

Thank you Jim, and the Gaston’s staff for providing such an outstanding venue, and for being so considerate of your Fly-In guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve V

Steve -

Good day from Gaston's White River Resort - blue skies here to and such is most welcome.

We as you know LOVE airplanes and fly-ins ... Pleased that all enjoyed their visit and had a good time. We here at Gaston's White River Resort also had a great time :-)

Of all the groups we have each year y'all one of the very best ... Hope to see you in 2015 !!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

As soon as you pull through the entrance at Gastons , you get that downhome southern feel as if you have stepped back in time. The beautifully landscaped property is littered with giant trees of all sizes and kinds , glowing flowers , and an abundance of wildlife . The cabins are all nestled along a small bluff atop the crystal clear White River with clean spacious accommodations and even fireplaces in some of the rooms for the cooler months with firewood supplied right outside your door. The resort is first class all the way with amenities to match from a swimming pool for mom and the kids to that fishing guide and rental boat for dad to catch that world record trout . A full service restaurant serving everything from breakfast to dinner is located just beyond the main lodge and giftshop , and is decorated to the nines with one of the most interesting antique collections in all of Arkansas .
As a repeat customer I will be returning for years to come , I have never came and not caught a fish , the food is always fantastic and Clint , Jim , and the rest of the staff will go out of thier way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay ..
A+
Drew and Haley
Millington Tennessee

Ps ... Fall is amazing for pictures , Winter for the quiet time and big fish

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Drewandhaley
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

"decorated to the nines with one of the most interesting antique collections in all of Arkansas" and we are adding more ... about to run out of room :-) I am sure we will find more ;-)

Thank you for your VERY kind comments ... You sure made our day. VERY pleased that Gaston's White River Resort is a part of your memories ... After all that is what we are here for !

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am a pilot and am so thankful Gaston's is close for me. I live in Little Rock and it's North Arkansas.
I have flown into Gaston's so many times, I just love this place. it's a grass strip and along the White River.
I have too many personal stories of going up here, however, my oldest daughter was getting ready for scoliosis surgery, we were all concern, her condition was major and I wanted to take my daughter out to do something to take our minds off what faced us.
So i set up a weekend trip at Gaston's.
I set up a half day fishing trip with the dock and hired one of the guides. I told him his tip was based on my daughter catching more fish then me. During the fishing trip, she was catching more fish without his help, so it was the guide helping me out catch her. What a great fishing trip.
Then we went back to the cabin we rented and rested before we headed out for our date night at the restaurant. The restaurant was 4 star event and I was able to have the best meal, however I asked the kitchen to cook our trout we caught earlier, and when it arrived, I did not know my daughter named the fish and when I told her we were eating our catch, well, I ordered a hamburger for her.
Needless to say it was a memory I will never forget.
We flew home in our plane and the next day my daughter had a successful surgery and years later she is a mommy and a teacher with a great husband.

I then on another date weekend took my youngest daughter and that too was a great story.

All I can say is no matter where you go, if you want to have a great time, you will and if you want to do that great time at a really great place, I can't think of a better place then Gaston's. I just love it up there.

Room Tip: There are different size cabins, there are decks to sit out and enjoy the river and wonderful lawns...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

WOW ! What a touching review ... Makes me feel good that we could be a part of such ... after all memories is all we really have in life.

Thank you for all your hard work to make Arkansas and our country a better place to live and work ... we sure need more just like you.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our friends invited us on a road trip to eat at Gastons. We drove 3 1/2 hours to get there and it was worth every mile. The location is perfect. Food is devine and the views are stunning. The wait staff are very friendly and did a beautiful job. I recommend the pan seared trout! We will be return visitors!

• Stayed: May 2014
jimgaston, Owner at Gaston's White River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

"I recommend the pan seared trout!" Oh, do I every agree :-) This is one "dish" I enjoy one or two times every week !!!

Hope hope that y'all are seeing a bit more blue sky than we are ... Been a bit to much rain here.

Thank you for your support of Gaston's White River Resort and VERY kind review :-)

"Jim" Gaston

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeview
The River Rock Hotel
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
#5 of 5 in Lakeview
Norfork Lake Ozark Mountain Lodge

Been to Gaston's White River Resort? Share your experiences!