“Do not go there”
Review of Tahmoor Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahmoor
Tahmoor Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Tahmoor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I should have taken notice of the other reviews , (I thought surely it cant be that bad),, IT WAS,,,but we had no choice,had already paid and the function we were attending was just around the corner so it was convenient,, next time I would sleep in my swag on the side of the road ,,,it was awful,,, Rooms and the bedding absolutely stunk, Supposed to be including continental breakfast,,, yeh right,,,,after the first night we were getting ready to go out for the day and the "Cleaner" asked if we needed our room done,, I said don't worry about the bed,, just do the breakfast stuff,,, got home in the afternoon and she had left 2 pieces of bread in the fridge,,, didn't replace the sugar, coffee, tea, milk, cereal,,,and didn't even take away the dirty dishes from the mornings breakfast and didnt empty the rubbish bin,,when we went to reception to enquire about it was basically told,, that's the cleaners problem not us,,Avoid this place like the plague,, without a doubt the worst motel I have ever stayed in,, Do not go there !!!!!!

Room Tip: there are no "Good" rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vulcan90049

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed four nights, even though the place is old found it clean, bedding clean and warm, tidy and staff obliging, the free bus service to the motel was most welcomed, I shall be returning next year for another holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Grumpy293
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The rooms at the Tahmoor Inn are dark, dingy and smelly. It is as though a poor attempt was made to build the accomodation 50 years ago (things like cupboards and skirtings are unfinished) and the rooms have just been kept this way.

Old green plastic drawdown blinds are perished, maroon carpeted floors are stained and there is a very dingy old airconditioner type system hanging from the window. The windows are dark and creepy and offer no airflow making the rooms, although decent sized, feel small and claustrophobic.

The sheets were laiden with bleach so badly my eyes and skin stung. Even with the bleach they managed to feel terribly old, stained and worn. The bedding was so bad I went to bed fully clothed and only lay on top of the sheets, barely sleeping a wink.

Everything in the room was dusty, with what seemed like an accumulation of decades of poor cleaning attempts. There is an ash tray provided and the rooms have clearly had smokers in the past as they smelt like dirty old ash trays. I could not breath and felt sick after a few hours in the room. These rooms would definitely pose a serious health hazard to anyone suffering from asthma or respiratory problems.

This would have to be the worst place I have ever stayed and I travel frequently around Sydney and Aus. for work. The only plus side to this accomodation compared to other nearby pubs/hotels is that it is quiet and has a bathroom within each room. Mind you the bathroom is disfunctional as the bathroom door opens out into the toilet such that you cannot reach the toilet unless you close the door. Additiinally the shower fittings are so cheap they leak and water sprays in all directions around the room.

These rooms are crying out for a complete renovation and would require a major upgrade before I decided to step foot into the place again. The adjoining pub area had been renovated and is quite alright, with nice fresh pub food. Come on guys it's time to do the rooms! After all it is the Tahmoor Inn not the Tahmoor Pub!!

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank ImABitPikky
Reviewed 9 February 2013

When I read the reviews for this Motel, I assumed that the three people writing them had a grudge against the place or were joking. But it was no joke. The descriptions were accurate -- dirty, unpainted walls and furniture; no landscaping; definitely not a typical Aussie motel or hotel.
There was a pile of dirt and dust about an inch thick on top of the wardrobe.
I am so glad we were only booked in for one night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brenda4730
Reviewed 18 April 2012

If you are a contractor simply wanting a bed and a shower convenient to your work at the adjacent coal mine it's just fine and correctly priced. For tourists etc. it's best avoided. Pub on site has beer & reasonable food, with plenty of shopping opportunities nearby.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank 16,830
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The website photo looks nice. Very deceiving. The room are plainly terrible. Mine had three single beds and a view of a terrible yard.

This is an old school 1960s hotel. Stay away.

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank Steven D
Reviewed 7 August 2010

this would have to be the worst hotel i have ever stayed in and i have been to some of the worst countries in the world burn it down its a health hazard

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank outdere2

Been to Tahmoor Inn Motel? Share your experiences!