“Not great”

Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lowell
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed three nights. We paid for a third person in the room, however, the staff could never put three sets of towels in the room. I had to always go to the front desk and ask for a set of towels. I mentioned this to the manager when we checked out and he blew it off saying the maid service didn't get this information routinely. I think if I have to pay for a service, I should get it without having to continually ask. The dead bolt lock did not work on the door. I mentioned this to the manager and he blew it off too. I would have gone elsewhere after the first night but the reservation was non refundable. Next time I'm in the area I'll pay more and get a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I apologize if you thought that I "blew off" your comments about your stay at our motel. I merely attempted to explain that the housekeeping report does not indicate how many people are in the room. Usually two sets of towels are standard and if another is requested, It is always supplied. The deadbolt in the room is operable. I went to check immediately after you checked out. The doors are solid and heavy. After a while, they will sag on their hinges causing the hasp to hit the bottom of the strike plate all it took was a few licks with a file and the door locks perfectly. This could have been done sooner had we been made aware you were having difficulty. Again I apologize If you thought I was non responsive. We appreciate all comments from out guests negative and positive.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room smelled moldy but I went ahead and unpacked. I was extremely tired, having driven up from Hot Springs. I wasn't going to say anything but when I found the condom wrapper it was just too much. by this time it was late and I didn't feel like changing rooms. I asked for an adjustment but nothing was forthcoming from the manager. Nothing. Not a call, not an apology, simply nothing. Take note,

Super 8!

Room Tip: Without the mold, the condom and with an attentive manager, this hotel would have received an excell...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our motel. Of course, it is our goal to insure the satisfaction of all our guests and to accomodate each or their needs to the best of our ability. The room smelling musty is unspecific and hard to address but had you mentioned it prior to moving in or even after, our staff would have moved you or attempted to satisfy your concerns by other methods. Housekeeping does sometimes make mistakes and misses somethikng. When the offending wrapper was found underneath the ottoman and you did notify the desk, you were immediately offered another room but everything offered was turned down. This sort of leaves us in a no win situation. When you asked for a rate reductrion the next morning at check out, my clerk referred you to me. I was told you replied that you shouldn't have to conact me and that you would just give us a bad review on TRIP ADVISOR. At no time did I feel that any contact was desired or expected, had I had any indication I could right this matter I would have done so immediately. I apologize if there had been some misunderstanding and that maybe you will accept my apology and give us another chance serve you in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Super 8 in Lowell AR was a great stay for me and my Husband while traveling on business. The rooms were modern….clean….and spacious. The front desk clerks were friendly and very accommodating. The amenities were plentiful…hot breakfast…business center…fitness center….heated pool…laundry facilities and big truck parking. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CSG0228
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Children in the floor above us jumped half the night. The front desk was contacted more than once about the problem with no change at all in the noise level. Manager was contacted and did nothing to correct the situation. She gave a very weak apology and brushed me off. She told me it was children and acted like that made it ok. Ummm... I knew it was children. You go speak with their parents. The lady from corporate was much more helpful and gave a sincere apology. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I apologize for any discomfort you experienced during your stay at out hotel. The situation as you described is one of the most difficult for any hotelier to address. There is onlly so much, we, as motel management can do bringing attention to a parent's discipline or lack thereof, of the children's behavior. The room above your's was notified at your first request for assistance. When my staff went in person to the room, all was quiet and it was assumed that the problem was remedied. Later, when we again notified the the noise had not abated, the room was again called and the respondent was informed that any more disturbance would have to be addressed by moving them to a room where they could not disturb our othere guests again. When nothing else followed, the assulmption was that they had settled down and were asleep. The following morning was the only other notification that we had that this was not the case. Again, I apologize for your inconcenience and hope that maybe we will be given another chance to provide you with a more pleasant stay that is indicative of our usual performance in customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our family stayed here for 1 night in June, 2013 while on vacation. We had a 2 queen room. The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was clean and spacious. It was a good location off I-540.
We used the indoor pool. The water was chilly but we enjoyed a swim.
Breakfast was standard fair-waffles, juice, toast, etc.
The young lady at the front desk, Irene, was very friendly and helpful!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lovestotravel101
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel and let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and always strive to make our guests as welcome and comfortable as possible. We hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Used Wyndham miles for a visit with college student. Rooms were fine, found us adjoining rooms which was very nice. Location was not very close to Fayetteville, but still easy to get to. The white carbohydrate breakfast was pretty bad. Popcorn in the lobby was a good idea, but not very consistent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Edgar P, Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank your for your review of our motel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. The Super Start breakfast is standardized fare at all Super 8" and encludes our new signature Simply Super Cinnamon Rolls. I suppose there is a lot of carbohydrates but the selections are based on polling of our frequent guests as to what they like to see on our breakfast menu. The popcorn is the lobby is not a required amenity and is supposed to be refreshed every afternoon as this is the time most guests arrive. If this is not happening with regularity, I am glad you let me know. I wil take care of it. Thanks, Ed

Reviewed 20 February 2013

The young lady behind the desk was super nice. When we were not 100% satisfied with our first room, she gladly moved us to a different one. No hassles at all. We moved the rating of this hotel up a notch just because of her helpful attitude.

The hotel is a basic budget property suitable for a night or two. The nice sized room and bathroom were clean and the king bed comfortable. The old style TV worked well and there was a refrigerator and microwave. No good restaurants nearby, but a convenience store accross the interstate.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Edgar P, General Manager at Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for taking time from your day to review our motel and staff. The young lady you spoke of has garnered many compliments from our guests and we pride outselves on our accomodations, but we are constantly attentive to any comments that might serve to continiue improving our service to our customers. Again many thanks.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
MainStay Suites Rogers
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bentonville South
5 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rogers
Embassy Suites by Hilton Northwest Arkansas

Been to Super 8 Lowell/Bentonville/Rogers Area? Share your experiences!