I've never had to check out of a hotel because of the awful way in which I have been treated by staff, ever. This is not a 4 star hotel by any means, in fact listing themselves as 4 star is a complete insult to other hotels in the vicinity which are actually 4 star and live up to that rating.
1) room was small and did not look like the photos on bookings.com or trip advisor. Forget about there being any floor space in front of the beds, wall-to-wall is taken up by the bed more or less. However, looking at the fire emergency plan there are other rooms on the other side of the building which look like they are a bit larger.
2) I don't understand their pricing policy and I brought this to the manager's attention during my stay and he said that no mistake had been made. So my advice would be don't book or pay in advance and don't book directly with the hotel because closer to the actual dates of stay, you will find rates at 60% of the rate you would be locked into. Better rates can be found on bookings.com. This would also be a unrestricted booking (i.e. not non-cancellable) and would have exactly the same conditions (eg. breakfast included etc.)
3) Breakfast is extremely limited in selection and each day it's the same. Breakfast area is small 4) internet did not work in my room except when I stood right next to the door, in the small "corridor" of the room. It was not working during the duration of my stay. On the first day, I brought this to the hotel manager's attention but they were completely booked, and there was no other room they could give me. Finally one evening when I noticed that occupancy rates must have been low due to there being nobody at breakfast, I called the front desk to ask if I could change rooms as internet was still not working. Woman at front desk flatly refused and in a very dismissive and rude manner asked me "what do you want me to do? sometimes the internet doesn't work. so tell me, what can I do?". When I informed her that it DID in fact work, but only not in my room, she still refused to do anything about it. I told her that if this is the way they were trying to run a hotel, they should not advertise WIFI because some people will actually need it to work to which she was obnoxious and rude in her response "what can I do? tell me. what do you want me to do?". Then I told her to change my room and she said that they were full. I asked for her manager and she said I was not able to speak with him/her. Apparently she either was the night manager, or there was no manager on duty at night. Finally, I just told her I would write an official complaint to Best Western and asked her to check me out of the hotel the next morning instead of an extra 2 nights. And THAT is when she offered to change my room - after 20 minutes or more on the phone!! But I was so fed up at that point, that I just told her either she could move the internet router closer to my room now, or change my stay to a check out the following morning. Obviously she said she could not move the router. But she did feel the need to add because she was 'not a technician'. I mean, it's not like I was expecting someone who can hardly operate a software system to change a guest's room in a near-empty hotel to be a technician.
The following day, I changed to a REAL 4 star hotel. Lower price, international chain, with impeccable service. Had it not been for the rude lady at the front desk that evening, the stay might have just been ok and I probably wouldn't have bothered writing a review. But having to tolerate staff like that, and the inconvenience of moving hotels mid-stay is just not worth anybody's time. They obviously don't value their guests. The service is not to a Best Western standard. And travellers should be made aware of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The HL Hotel Milan Fiera, a 4 Star hotel located in a wonderful position, just 5 minutes from the new Milan Fairgrounds in Rho/Pero and very near the exit of the A8 Autostrada Milano-Laghi, where it is so easy to reach the main Milan international airports. Internet Wi-Fi connection, parking and garage free are available on site. It offers shuttle service to Rho Fiera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HL Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.