“GOOD VALUE” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deano's Trattoria

Deano's Trattoria
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Lanchester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
“GOOD VALUE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The food here is not exceptional but it's palatable and very good value for money. The staff are friendly, though the service can be a little slow at busy times. Worth calling in for a lunchtime special or in the early evening.

• Visited April 2014

Scawby
“It is what it is & I like it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

An Italian tardis with tables up stairs & down. Dining alone I was seated upstairs & presented with a simple menu with all the usual favourites. There's some seriously special offers at great prices. My choice was potato skins with garlic mayo, followed by tagliatelle carbonara with tomato garlic bread.

The courses arrived quickly, I visited between 5&6pm on a Thursday & it's fair to say the place was busy with a good vibe. Clearly this place is run on a tight staffing budget hence the waiting team were primarily young students but I have to say they were efficient, polite & keen to push service along. At the prices offered I think it's realistic to expect their objective of high throughput, for this reason I can't imagine I'd recommend this place for a long leisurely meal but it's perfect for a low cost decent Italian experience.

I would return as it was pound for pound it offers great value with the promise of a decent meal.

1 Thank Sharon S
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Nice food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Arrived to find two waitresses sat down chatting in the doorway. One waitress stood up and showed us to a table. There were people seated upstairs who were filtering out while looking at our menus meaning we were the only table seated after about 20 mins. My friend ordered a cold starter which one of the waitresses tried to take as we were eating, clearly hoping we'd leave sooner rather than later. We requested it be left on the table for us to finish, whereby the waitress pointed out there wasn't must left when there was ample. We then had our mains with a background of waitresses gossiping loudly at the bar, and as soon as my knife and fork hit the plate the dish was taken away. There was clear disappointment from staff once another couple arrived as we were leaving. We paid the bill and on our way out one of the waitresses was sat checking her mobile phone eating a pizza on her lap on a sofa in the entrance. We may as well have been invisible.
On the plus side my main course was quite tasty. Shame about the rest.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
County Durham, UK
“OK.......but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Booked the trattoria for a birthday party of six adults and 1 infant.

The ambience of the restaurant is quite good, although you do get the feeling that they've got one table too many in the upstairs serving area. The upside of that I suppose, is that there's usually quite a noisy room - which makes it seem busy.

Service was axcellent and prices were reasonable, howver the food itself is pretty bland stuff. It's the standard 'italian' offer with no real innovation and it can be rather tasteless. That's not to say that it wasn't perfectly edible, but in reality it's not the place that we would consciously be keen to go back to.

That's why on the whole, we've rated it as average.

1 Thank Dabtoe
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic as always!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and from our latest visit I was not disappointed. Excellent value and service as always. Food amazing and the staff were lovely with my little one. Definitely one on my favourites.