“Disappointing”

The Greenhouse at Lanchester Garden Centre
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Lanchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Step into the Greenhouse Restaurant for a warm welcome and delicious food. Whether a light snack or a more substantial meal is what you have in mind, you’ll find it in our mouth-watering menu. As a local, family run business, we’re pleased to utilise produce from the local area whenever we can. So, you can enjoy a delectable meal, featuring the best the North East has to offer, all in relaxing surroundings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have eaten here before and always enjoyed it however this time we went for the hot beef sandwich and were not very impressed, 2 slices of white bread with a thick slice of beef in between and watery gravy - wont be going back

Nicolas198219, Manager at The Greenhouse at Lanchester Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ajax,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor. I am disappointed to read that the hot beef sandwich did not meet your expectations.

We serve our hot beef sandwich on your choice of bread and we receive excellent feedback on both the presentation and the quality ; so, I am especially disappointed that you did not experience this when you visited us.

We also carry a satisfaction check allowing us the opportunity to immediately rectify unless your issues are brought to our attention at the time, the only opportunity we have to rectify any issues is by asking you to get in touch, welcoming additional comments. If you wish to do so please contact me directly 01207 521669

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There’s some lovely meals on the menu and the food is always fresh and lovely but it’s a bit overpriced and the service can be slow, particularly when it is busy. Don’t go and expect to be served immediately during the day but if you can be patient you will have a nice meal.

Dear Danielle,

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent visit. Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the quality of the food and I want to apologise at the same time for not meeting your expectations in respect of the time it took to be served.

The food is always fresh and cooked to order and some dishes may take a bit longer than orders and as for the price you will find that we are very competitive for what we offer. We are much more than a garden centre at Lanchester; it’s a destination for all of the family to enjoy with beautiful landscape gardens , a shop, an aquarium, kids play area and tunnel, and our intriguing tropical village showcases exotic free flying birds, reptiles, invertebrates, amphibians, insects and fish in a jungle-like setting.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy the rest of our facilities.

Kindest regards
Nicolas and team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've given this restaurant a rating of 5 to go with the food rating they already have. It's just excellent. I've been for coffee a few times but my husband and I thought we'd go for lunch - note to self, don't get chips again, they were lovely but we were stuffed. We both just had sandwiches, I had bacon, brie and cranberry and my husband had fish fingers. Both these came in a choice of bread, he had ciabatta and I had just uncut white bread. They both had salad, coleslaw and crisps, which is why I said don't order chips again. There was ample to eat without the chips. There was certainly no scrimping on the food.

There is good car parking and disabled bays too. Everything is on the flat. The disabled toilet is very clean.

I was asked what it was like since it had been done out, to be honest I couldn't see any difference. The photo at the top of the page is as it is and always seems to be busy

1  Thank Adviser2

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your recent visit particularly the restaurant.

I will happily share your kind words with the entire team who strives on this type of feedback .In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to Lanchester Garden Centrer in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and a few friends hadn’t been to eat here since them doing out the restaurant. It was a lovely surprise to see how big it is now and it’s lovely and light and airy. I noted that the tables are spaced well apart too which is nice to see.
We went for 1.30pm and it was packed. In fact we waited approximately 20-25 minutes to be seated. But I always think that’s a good sign.
The only thing that let us down was the service. It took ages for someone to actually come and take our order and even then we had to summon them over.
The food arrived quickly and was tasty although I had to ask for butter for my cheese scone.
Some of the food is a little overpriced but if it’s good then you don’t mind paying a little more.
I’d definitely come back and try something else on the hot menu next time.
Unfortunately we ran out of time to then go
Into the actual garden centre part but it would make a good day out.

Dear Julia,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your recent visit particularly th restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for food with pets so ate outside. This is great for kids, lovely garden to walk round. Didn't go inside but was told the shop is good and they have a hot house with animals.

Dear Susie,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your recent visit.