I usually give PI hotels good write-ups, but sadly this is not going to be one of them. This hotel is on the main road running through the village of Wateringbury. At the door we were greeted by two huge hanging baskets of petunias. Very nice. The other similar baskets hanging along the hotel frontage would have been similarly nice, if only someone had bothered to water them. Instead they were all practically dead. I had a downstairs room at the front - slightly smaller than usual but with a huge window at the end of the room it seemed airy enough (see photo).
The first bad sign was finding several hairs on one of the spare pillows and the other one also looked slept on. Back to reception with those. I later found a hair in the bath. Yuk. Other poor signs of housekeeping were a large area of dirty dust motes on the locked (room adjoinging) door in the bathroom (see photo) and a similar build up of dust coating the cage of the desk fan. This dust had taken a long time to build up. The decor was heavy magnolia and the hotel is in need of a make-over. The coving in my room had a huge stain (see photo) and my bed did not get made on the second day. On checking out I was asked if everything was ok and when I mentioned poor decorative state and the dust motes on fan and door, the housekeeper, who was at the desk at the time, got a bit defensive, excusing the dust by saying the fans had been in constant use. I pointed out it only took 10 seconds to switch a fan off and dust it. I didn't bother mentioning the other issues; I got the feeling they would not go down very well either.
Housekeeping aside, a big problem with this hotel is that you cannot get a signal on your phone unless you stand by the road and have a lucky day. Even the TV kept getting an interupted signal and freezing occasionally. I couldn't even buy any wifi time either for my laptop as there appeared to be no signal to log on to.
I have stayed at many PI hotels but this was the worst for decor and housekeeping. But the IT issues were the final nail in the coffin for me and I would not go back there for this reason alone even if the hotel had been great. Which is a shame as this hotel is in a good location for me to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn at Wateringbury is a 40 bedroom hotel with a Chef and Brewer adjacent. We are located in a village setting away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre but still only a 5 minute drive to the town. We offer an exclusive Good Night Guarantee, if you are not happy with your stay we do not expect you to pay.Our prices start from £51 per room per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Premier Inn Maidstone (A26/Wateringbury) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Maidstone (a26/ Wateringbury) Hotel Wateringbury
- Premier Inn Maidstone (A26/Wateringbury) Hotel Kent