“For £29 - can't really complain”

Premier Inn Maidstone (A26/Wateringbury) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wateringbury
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were travelling from Dover and wanted an overnight stay near the area. Managed to book this for £29 via PI website direct and in advance.
Location is good, road is a little noisy but not too bad. Plenty of parking and there is a pub next door, which we did not use, on this occasion.
Check in was okay, we were given room 31. Some of the doors are a little dated, but corridors etc were clean.
Room was as expected, the bed was huge and firm, which was good. Extra pillows were included. Room was clean and TV was good.
Minor niggles for me:
Only 30 mins free wi fi included, only 2 sachets of coffee provided, shower curtain not screen, toiletries attached to wall dispenser
However, for £29 room only, this was excellent VFM, hence 5 stars.
Would return and would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 November 2013

During a recent visit to the area I stayed for one night at this Hotel. On arriving I was given a very warm welcome by the receptionist and I received the same warmth from all the staff I came across during my stay.

The room was very clean and I enjoyed a good, quiet nights sleep

The Inn next door was equally friendly and inviting and I enjoyed the best mixed grill meal that I've had in a while, the breakfast was also excellent. Thanks to Val and Rachel for being so attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pifadopip
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Was a bit concerned about staying here after reading some reviews but it was handy for a function we were attending.
We could not fault a thing. the staff so friendly the room was excellent the bed so comfortable. A good shower & nice towels. the breakfast next door was great value & we enjoyed an evening meal there. we stayed 2 nights & would stay there again if in the area

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Over the past 20 years, I have stayed at this hotel many times- three times this year. On the first two visits this year I found the restaurant excellent. Ther was a huge variety to choose from and a good selection of English pub food - apple pie and brewers chicken. On my last visit, I was dismayed to discover that the menu had been decimated, four or five of my favorites had been removed and many of the new items seem to have been selected for the wording rather then the quality of the food. I will not be staying at this hotel again and will certainly not be recommending to my colleagues.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 to 6 had no radiators working
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reg619
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our stay was very comfortable and the room was very clean and as I would expect. No noise was heard from outside despite the warning that there may be. Didnt visit the inn next door but it looked very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First time at a Premier Inn, but it will not be the last.

Booked two nights at £29, so my expectations were modest.

We received a phone call the day before we were due to arrive, asking if there was anything at all that they could provide for us, or did we have any special requirements. We asked for a quiet room on the ground floor, and that's what we got.

Check in was friendly and efficient, the room was large enough for our needs, and adequately equipped for our two night stay.

The attached restaurant is pretty good - not cheap but well cooked food and very friendly service.
We will try Premier again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for just £29 a room so instead of driving direct to France from Norfolk we stayed over the night before. We enjoyed a nice meal in the Chef & Brewer adjoining the hotel although we found drinks a bit pricey. Only 30 mins to Eurotunnel so felt refreshed when we set off the next morning. Comfy rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wateringbury
Hadlow Manor Hotel
4 mi away
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel
Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Maidstone (A26/Wateringbury) Hotel? Share your experiences!