“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Magnolia
Bullard, Texas, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband & I stay here one night a week each week on business. The price is very reasonable, and the staff are happy and bend over backwards to please! We also get free wireless internet, a refrigerator & microwave in our room. Some rooms have a sofa and coffee table in addition to the normal ammenities, and other rooms have a dinette. The hotel is convenient to anything in town. We highly recommend this hotel. By the way, it's under new management. There's a huge improvement from past experiences.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have stayed a fews times over the years at the Magnuson Hotel. It was getting pretty bad. But I heard there was new owners. I stayed there on October 9th 2011. I could see the changes. It was a very good stay at the Magnuson for the price. Friendly service, good beds, and clean. I will stay there the next time. Impressed in the changes the new owners have provided.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roy P
Burleson
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I don't know what happened to the positive review I wrote earlier and posted, sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Magnuson. They are under new management and are completely remodeling the place; new furniture, new flooring, new bedding, etc. I read some of the other post but it is obvious from the dates they haven't stay here since it chaged hands. When I come back through Magnolia, AR, you can bet I will be staying here again, The rates were descent and the staff was great.

Room Tip: Ask for thier best rate, they will work with you
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Malakoff, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I stayed in this place 10 yrs ago and vowed then, never again, however they have supposedly "updated"...what a laugh! I'll swear the same dirt, dirty trash cans, nasty dumpster, bed spreads, horrible mattresses,etc. were still there from 10 yrs ago. Continental brkfst was orange drink (mostly water), Fruit Loops, Cheerios and Little Debbie Snack Cakes!! Gag me!! If this place is absolutely the only room in town, get a tent! Every guest I spoke to, had the same low opinion. One man had changed rooms 3 times and finally gave up, bought some Lysol and sprayed everything in the room to get by. This place should be bulldozed!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!
  • Stayed May 2011

Travellers are raving about these Magnolia hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I read scary reviews of the hotel, but it was only one of 2 places to stay in town. It was much better than expected. It has been remodeled. They are not quite done yet but it is looking better. Room was clean. It had mini fridge and microwave. Updated bathroom, plenty of hot water. Tv with cable. The price of the hotel seemed a little steep but after calling around the price they are charging seems to be the going rate.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
chicago
Reviewed 13 August 2009

My parents and i stayed here and it was just terrible....the floor was nasty, it had spots on it. The couch had tears and holes in it..it smelled like ciggarets. To top it off my housekeeping did not clean my room for 1 day...rediculous. The manager had an attitude with me....it looks dirty on the outside of the building. It was horrific...please do not stay there..it should be closed down.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank tj1218
, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Magnolia, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
We are so sorry to hear of this situation. We purchased this hotel in June of 2010. We have spent a large amount of money renovating and improving this hotel. We welcome you to come and try us again please.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Do not believe any of the amenities about this hotel! They had no working ice machine on the property, the pool is closed, the restaurant is empty, no room service, no hair dryer. Now to add to the ick factor as the other review, we were there for the same festival, check in is at 2 and we arrived at 2:30 to find our room just in the begining of being cleaned. Came back an hour later and our keys wouldn't work! Second set wouldn't work either, the third set finally did! No top on the coffee pot, the chain on the door didn't reach the lock slot, the linens were third rate at best, faulty alarm clock and the room # on the phone was incorrect. They charged $99.99 for the night and now looking online it is a $62 a night rate! And even that is a huge ripoff for the horrible motel!
Never again!!!