“Good for the price”

Magnuson Hotel Magnolia
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Magnolia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Good for those traveling with pets. I've stayed here three times. On one occassion we were put in a nasty room, we complained and they moved us to a good room. Otherwise the rooms are well maintained, HVAC works good and is not noisy. Owners are friendly and will work with us. Restaurants next door and across the street (easy walking distance). We'll stay here again when in Magnolia.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Once upon a time there was a nice hotel….then it became this one. This place has seen better days. I stayed here 1 night while trying to attend a family gathering. It looks like a construction site, furniture for sale out front, paint chips and debris in parking lot, the security lock on my door was broken but I was too tired to go back to the desk. I stuck a chair in front of the door and prayed for a safe night. The pool was bone dry, the room was outdated, furniture and carpet were worn and in dire need of an overhaul. The only consolation was the front desk folks were nice and it’s a quiet little part of town close to food and stores. The price was not Right…

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank seasunsounds
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Overall, I thought this hotel was great. It's not a 5-star by any means, but for the price (compared to everywhere else in town) it was perfect. I cant believe the Holiday Inn was wanting over a hundred PER NIGHT... But enough with my rant. I will stay here again when / if I ever make my way back over to Magnolia. Especially since it looked to me like they were changing out new furniture.

Room Tip: We stayed in their suite, (Room 121 I believe), and it was great for only $20 more we got a Jacuzzi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The rooms were nasty they had bugs and roaches ... blood stains on the furniture. The toilets didn't work the AC didn't work..then we went out and came back and the keys didn't work. Then the manager was telling us they were too busy to come give us a refund. Just horrible stay!!! Stay anywhere but here!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Kc_hall90123
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The hotel has recently changed ownership and seems to be gradually in the process of renovation and upgrade. It's a good looking property on the outside, but there were not many people staying at the hotel during my sojourn compared with the Quality Inn just across the street. The rooms are decent and clean, although the door was sticking when you tried to open it and there was no coffee maker in the room and the TV was somewhat decrepit although usable. There was no plug for the bath tub and when I asked for one from the lady at the front desk she said she would have one brought over, but it was never delivered. My room fronted the main street which made it seem very accessible to anyone passing by and the lock didn't work well. The breakfast was meagre at best. But they knocked $10 of the published room price, so the cost was reasonable even though there is a lot of work still to be done to bring the hotel up to standards. I stayed there for 2 nights on 10 and 11 January 2012.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband & I stay here one night a week each week on business. The price is very reasonable, and the staff are happy and bend over backwards to please! We also get free wireless internet, a refrigerator & microwave in our room. Some rooms have a sofa and coffee table in addition to the normal ammenities, and other rooms have a dinette. The hotel is convenient to anything in town. We highly recommend this hotel. By the way, it's under new management. There's a huge improvement from past experiences.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have stayed a fews times over the years at the Magnuson Hotel. It was getting pretty bad. But I heard there was new owners. I stayed there on October 9th 2011. I could see the changes. It was a very good stay at the Magnuson for the price. Friendly service, good beds, and clean. I will stay there the next time. Impressed in the changes the new owners have provided.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends