“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel was very nice and convenient for travelers. Very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and will make sure that if we are in the area again, we will stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This was a great choice for our family of five while on the road from NC to Ft Worth. We searched throughout Little Rock and found this gem just 35 minutes west of LR.

The room was a nice setup for us, two doubles and a sofa sleeper. Plenty of room, very clean and the front desk was helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was decent and the coffee was good. Highly recommend this property.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here and were pleasantly surprised with the clean rooms and tidy hotel. While a small property, the staff was friendly, the rooms clean and nice. Malvern is a stop-in-the-road, so not much in the way of restaurants, but this is a safe, nice hotel with good beds!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Not a lot to choose from in the area, for hotels. This one is good for a stop on a roadtrip. The service was excellent, the rooms clean and nice. Even considering the highway next door, the rooms are quiet. There several places in the surrounding to eat also.

Only drawback, price. We paid more than $100, and i thing it should be more in the $70-80 range, considering that Malvern is in the middle of nowhere. Hotsprings is close (30 minute) so sleeping in this hotel can be a good option for visiting the National Park (where hotels are even more expensice).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauak
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Need to rest your head south of Liitle Rock? If you find yourself needing a place to stay along this stretch of I-30 - this is it.
No problems. Good, clean room. Typical Holiday Inn Express. A good value just S of Little Rock Arkansas.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

As a member of the IHG rewards club, I try to always stay at a Holiday Inn Express when traveling. My son and I chose this location for a recent Magic Springs trip because we knew the hotel was near the interstate, thought it was fairly new (saw the construction in prior years), and trusted the HIE name rather than trying out the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs. I regretted that decision as soon as I stepped into the room. A strong odor of mold hit me and I was tempted to checkout. My son convinced me otherwise. However, to pay $106/night for contaminated air is ridiculous. I could not believe that a fairly new hotel did not have thermostat controlled a/c. Looking at the unit below the window showed all kinds of dirt & mold. As a result, I came home with allergy issues. That was my main reason for rating the room a 1. However, you should also know there were stains on the furniture, walls, towels, and bathtub. The indoor pool could have doubled as a sauna. I had to open the back door and sit in the doorway just to breathe. This place definitely needs to work on all the above.

Pros:
All the staff I encountered were very friendly. The lobby and breakfast area were nice. Breakfast offered fewer choices than other HIEs but was good. The location is easy to find with restaurants and Walmart next door.

Next time, I will stay in Hot Springs, however. I just can't handle moldy, overpriced rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Alicia_rhae,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our breakfast selections and found our staff to be friendly. We sincerely apologized for the over-all issues you had during your stay. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My stay was horrible! They allowed 7 people to stay in the from next door,(5 young kids), and the parents left them alone til 5am. We got NO SLEEP! The hotel was.booked so we didnt get to switch rooms! When we spoke to the front desk ( young man)) he responded with "you should've checked out and went somewhere else! (In the middle of the night). My phone in my room didnt work and when I came down at 2am to the front desk, there was a sign that said "stepped away".This hotel is less than a 1 star!!!! At no point was even an apology given! Which goes along way!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear thegutterguy-stl,

Thank you for taking the time leave a feedback. We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. Although we cannot account for the actions of our other guests, we can work to smooth uncomfortable situations to make all guests feel comfortable and welcomed. I sincerely apologize for the noise challenges you had and deeply regret
the inconvenience and regret the dissatisfaction our service level has caused you.

It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Comfort Inn Malvern
Fairfield Inn & Suites Little Rock Benton
Hampton Inn Arkadelphia
Hampton Inn Arkadelphia
#1 of 11 in Arkadelphia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites - Malvern? Share your experiences!