“Not a 3Star but good for motorcycle group”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hub Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marble Falls
The Hub Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marble Falls
Illinois
“Not a 3Star but good for motorcycle group”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

There are pros and cons regarding The Hub Motorcycle Resort.
The pros: great location for riding; wonderful owners - Debbie and Randal (and Happy, their dog) are very friendly folks and very accommodating; Scooters Restaurant (open on weekends) was very good - steaks are great and prime rib on Friday and Saturday nights very good but need to reserve it if you want it; staff in restaurant and couple that runs the bike shop are very nice and friendly. They came down and had a couple of beers with us. Rooms are ok - clean enough - beds (king rooms) and pillows were comfortable. Outside band on Friday night was good and that is when we saw most people start to roll in. Can pretty much do anything and make as much noise gathering and not bother anyone.
The cons: The rooms were clean enough for this type of place but some TLC would make it better. Peeling paint outside of rooms and lighting needs maintained. Pretty much all the chairs outside rooms were broken. You could sit in some of them but not comfortably. One couple had cobwebs in their room. We stayed in 115 which is one of the bigger king rooms and it was fine except the tub needs some repairing. The TVs throughout are very old and the cable reception is not good. Some had only 1 or 2 stations that would come in. It didn't bother our group as we were not in our rooms much except to sleep and shower.
When I made the reservations through phone/email with Debbie approximately 2 months or so before our group of 15 arrived, she offered to have a pulled pork picnic for us since we were arriving on a Wed and the restaurant wasn't open until Thursday afternoon. She also offered to have the restaurant open on Thurs morning for us for breakfast. I confirmed with her thru email that we would definitely want those 2 things. There was no pulled pork picnic on Wed evening and the restaurant was not open for breakfast on Thurs morning. She said she forgot. However, they did make it right by going to get pizzas for us Wed evening and only asking that we put $ in the donation buckets. I do thank them for that but knowing that we were coming, she should have been prepared for what she offered our group.
All in all, if you are not looking for "fancy" accommodations and just a room to sleep in at night while on your riding vacation, the Hub is appropriate and inexpensive. Thank you, Debbie, Randal and Happy, for making our stay comfortable. :)

Room Tip: Don't expect much with rooms but 115 was a larger than average room on ground floor with bike pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our 3rd time to stay at The Hub. We ride our motorcycle in Arkansas a lot & once a year, we make a special weekend visit just to stay here. Debbie & Randal, the owners, are just wonderful people. They make you feel like you've been friends for life. You're even welcomed by their wonderful dog, Happy! This place, with Scooter's restaurant next door, makes a perfect place to stay while riding the beautiful back roads of Arkansas. You will not be sorry you chose The Hub.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shawnee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Last week, my husband and I were traveling through Arkansas on our motorcycle. While preparing for our trip, and trying to find places to stay, my husband saw the HUB Motel online. We thought this would be a great place to stay....and it was! The owners are the nicest people and very accommodating. The room we stayed in is simple but clean. Scooters is a great place to eat! We had some of the BEST prime rib!!! If we are back through the area, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen L
Owensville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Seemed to have good reviews and we were going to be in that area to give them a try. The people were extremely pleasant to deal with. Cozy little place. Rooms were very clean and we'll kept a very good view as well as a very reasonable price. I would absolutely stay there again as well as recommending this place. I don't feel there would be a disappointment. They also had what appeared a restaurant and possibly a bar I hope next time I have the time to experience it.

• Stayed April 2014
Ennis, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Group of friends from our little country church south of Dallas, ride motorcycles together every year and this is one of our favorite areas to ride!
The Hub is a perfect location and Scooters has the best food around!
The rooms are large, clean, and the beds are comfortable. What more do you need?

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This motel is not the most modern however everything worked and was quite comfortable. The one thing that makes this place a must-stay is the customer service. Randall and Debbie really go out of their way to make you know that you are their priority. I had reserved (3) rooms on a recent motorcycle trip with friends. Two of the friends were traveling with me, while I was meeting up with one of my other friends at The Hub. After an enjoyable day of riding, I got a little delayed and decided that I should call the motel and let them know of my impending friend who might arrive before me. When I called, (keeping in mind that I had not spoken with Debbie before other than making the reservations months earlier), to advise that my friend might get there before me, she had already welcomed him and put him into one of my rooms. She additionally told me that she realized that I hadn't checked in yet and knew that it was getting late, so she went ahead and ordered dinner for me and my friends, adding "I hope that was alright with you". I was thinking to myself how amazing in this day/time that not only that someone noticed that you weren't there yet, but also took the time on their own dime to care enough to order you dinner. WOW! Once we arrived and parked our bikes, Debbie pointed us to the cooler and told us to help ourselves. The following morning was a 60% chance of rain as we departed and who was outside helping us pack up our bikes, concerned about our safety....Randall and Debbie Their attention to detail in caring for their guests is unrivaled.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scott G
Cartersville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

After two years of planning and re-scheduling, I finally made my way from N GA to the Ozarks for a stay at the Hub Motel. Other than spending 4 days on the interstate for two days in the mountains, this was an excellent ride and I stayed with wonderful hosts. Randal and Debbie made sure this "bagger" had everything that was needed, plus a whole lot of hospitality and a few semi-tall tales across some "well-done" steaks. (you had to be there!)
If you are looking for great riding on un-crowded roads, a quiet place to enjoy kindred souls and a friendly dog to greet you home each day, I do not think you can do better, especially for the price.

Room Tip: West facing upper level has great sunsets and lets you sleep a little later!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Days Inn Harrison
#6 of 7 in Harrison
Family Budget Inn Harrison
Holiday Inn Express Harrison

Been to The Hub Motel? Share your experiences!