“Great location lovely service and friendly staff”

Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We visit this part of Thailand frequently and have tried many of the hotels. Our second stay here.
The Tubkaak beach has a number of hotels on it and is the nicest beach in the area.

The Anyavee probably has the best piece of the beach, spectacular views and lovely pool area.

Rooms are fine and well cleaned with a variety of priced choices. Staff are wonderfully friendly in a natural Thai way and nothing is too much trouble. It would probably be fair to say the staff are not trained to quite the standard at some of the larger Hotel chains but we like the natural local feel.

One main Restaurant and bar which is very good and it is easy to walk to a couple of other hotels if you want a change. Other than that this location does not have shops, loads of restaurants and bars and other attractions.

Value for money is very good against the large chains with more flashy facilities.

If you are looking for a quiet beautiful location with a relaxed atmosphere at a sensible price you will not be disappointed. If you like bright lights and buzz an alternative like the Ao Nang area is more for you, but definitely not us.

Room Tip: Pool access option is good, we had a Pool Villa but that is the most expensive but best (they only h...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This hotel is far from the crowd but near enough to ride for party, the service is excelent, some employees need to practice their english but good in general, I had a problem with my passport and the front desk personel helped me very kindly, in general a good place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2013

It was my first ond only stay in Thailand, so I don't have much other places there to compare with. However, there are things could be definitely improved in this hotel.
- When I arrived my room was not ready and I was accomodated for 1 night in Jacuzzi willa by the pool. This type of room, like most other bungalows in this hotel lack privacy. The interor was average.
- Next day I moved to Deluxe Jacuzzi Sea View which had a much better interior and excellent view. Jacuzzi was useless because your balcony is seen from other rooms and absolutely lacks privacy.
- Beach was poor, but other hotel in the area have the same
- Worst thing about this place is the lack of sunbeds: on the 2nd of Jan when hotel was still full after the holidays there were no free sunbeds! I hate when this kind of things happen!
- Breakfast was good
- Restaraunt was not bad

Room Tip: Sea view deluxe, bungalows lack privacy
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I arranged for a pick up from the airport by the hotel but when we arrived at the airport there was no one there to pick us up and we had to get a taxi. When we got to the hotel they simply blamed it on miss communication and didnt offer anything in return! The hotel is set up nicely however it is very secluded and you cant even walk to the local shops. The rooms were lovely nothing to complain about.

The beach was full of leaves and in much need of a clean. When the tide is out the pools of water is full of tiny fish crabs and star fish.

communication from the staff was not the best.

Room Tip: A sea view room with a jacuzzi on the balcony was lovely. over looking to sea and the far islands.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This is a very nice hotel with it's own beach. I liked that it was away from Ao Nang because I was looking for a quiet hotel, which this is. Although its a lovely hotel, it just feels cold and cavernous, and there are LOTS of stairs. The rooms are huge. Definitely hire a long tail to take you to Hong Islands - if you book through the hotel they will provide you a lunch - lunch was just okay - I had a sandwich and my daughter had the fried rice. We ate at the hotel restaurant only once - food was marginal and some of the staff are very unfriendly. We ate the rest of our meals next door at the Amari - they have 2 restaurants which are both very good! There are 2 pools - one is great for small kids and the other is perfect for adults - we spent one whole day at this pool with only a couple of other people there the entire time. The lounge chairs don't have pads, which is a disappointment because they are the white plastic ones which are quite hard. One woman I talked with took a lounge pad from the other pool and kept it in her room to use at the adult pool! There is wi-fi in the room, but it logs you out frequently and you have to keep logging back in. One morning there was a huge crash and a 6 foot piece of tile had fallen off the face of the bathroom sink! Thank God nobody was standing at the sink or they would have been seriously hurt! I called the desk and told them to send someone right away, which they did. She looked at it and left - no apology or shock at the situation. When we returned from Hong Island the tile had been replaced, propped up with 2 boards. still debris on the floor, which housekeeping took care of once I called them. I would have thought they would change our room, but no. I had to just tell myself - this is they way they roll in Thailand - we are not in the US! You can take their shuttle into Ao Nang, which we didn't do because we preferred to stay close by. Overall, the hotel is nice, spacious, the staff at reception speak english well and are helpful. The breakfast buffet is large and has many great choices.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank juliekids
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was in Tubkaek right after my wedding, in October 2012. A friend of mine from a travel agency told me to take this option because I will not regret. Being a honey moon, you can imagine that I wanted everything to be perfect.

And it was:

Rooms:

- We arrived in the night, so I couldn't check that the view from our room is to the sea; but in the morning, when we dragged the curtains, we were amazed: the Sea was just in front of us with a splendid view to Archipelagos of Islands
- After two nights, the stuff came to us and told us that they will start working at one of the swimming pools and they asked us if we mind the noise: we said no, but anyway they proposed to move us in another room. Well... we wanted to see the room and was great: we moved into a whole flat, with leaving room, bedroom and huge bathroom. And still with a view to the Sea. And it cost us nothing ... On top of it, in the new room a mix of fresh fruits were waiting for us.
- The rooms were cleaned everyday and we didn't even feel the presence of the stuff. We didn't even noticed when they were there.

Stuff:
- very helpful and genuine friendly people; from the stuff to the chef, to the music band to everybody around us. When we left, we got a nice gift from the people in the hotel, as a "bye-bye present". That was a very nice surprise, because I am not used to this :-)

Music:
- almost every night we had a dinner in the restaurant of the hotel, with a lovely live music in the background from the band playing there, The Nite Out Duo. Two very nice people from Philippines, Megan and Ernie. At our request they even played our wedding opening song: "What a Wonderful World". Their English was very good and we also spent some time changing experiences from our lives, discussing about our countries, history etc. Would love to see them again!

Food:
- we tried all the menu and we loved especially the soups and the risotto. When we were moved from the room to the flat, the Chief came to us to offer two meals from the menu "on the house", as courtesy. Another pleasant surprise! Thongsuk is his name and, in the last evening, he came to us to teach us how to cook our favorite food. So, we went into the kitchen, I got dressed as a cook and, under the coaching of Mr. Thongsuk, I prepared my own food. That was something I was dreaming to do while being in Thailand! His English, also perfect!

Trips:
- you can arrange the trips from the hotel in the town (Ao Nang or Krabi) or in another parts of Krabi territory.

Environment:
- the hotel is very quiet so we had time to have a very good sleep during the daytime; During night, we were usually spending time with a very nice couple from Germany, having beer and listening to the nice music.

Overall, we met great people, we had great food, we did great trips, we cooked, we had nice surprises, we totally relaxed and we cam back home not 2, but 3. :-)

Thank you, Tubkaek, for everything!

That was the perfect honeymoon I was looking for!

Adrian (Romania)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The hotel has a fantastic location with a private beach overlooking beautiful Hong islands and literally no people around. There are always free sunloungers at any time of the day unlike in big hotels. You can also take a boat from the beach to visit the islands near by. The town is quite far from the hotel and taxi is not cheap. Don't book a taxi at reception! if you just go outside the hotel the taxi is 300 baht cheaper. We hired a car for the length of our stay and had no problem getting around. The car can be parked at the hotel entrance for free. We had a sea view jacussi room. The view is nice but half obscured by trees on the beach which was a bit of disappointment.The staff at reception don't speak English very well so it was rather hard to communicate with them. Had to repeat a few times for them to understand what we needed. Also the restaurant is highely overpriced (about 2-3 times the prices in town) and food is not particularly great. The hotel obviously uses the fact that they are pretty much no other places to eat within a walking distance. Also we accidently broke the shower gel container and it was never replaced. Needless to say we were charged to it. To sum it up we were happy to have chosen this hotel though service could be a bit improved.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Krabi Resort
#20 of 111 in Ao Nang
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort

Been to Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort? Share your experiences!