“beautiful hotel”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
London, United Kingdom
“beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

booked five nights in January in the beachfront pool villa,,,,,,,stunning, truly stunning, the food is overpriced and not that great to book........and I think the girls that own the hotel(apparently owned and run by women, which I think is obvious in the high standard of this immaculate hotel, so full marks ladies) will or should bring this in line with the hotel that delivers quality,so that really is just a small let down,....... staff brilliant lovely.... Everything else from the hotels is taxi rides,,,,which are well overpriced compared to say Bangkok.....but I drive a black cab in London so compare to that its not so bad, but I guess that's the price of beauty....500 baht to the nearest little village nong thale which is nice and quiet a few nice restaurants very bubbly indeed so its ok.......so secluded beach white sand lovely....long tail boat (20 feet from villa) private hire for half a day just me and me girl to Hong island 1800 baht sweet....10 feet away massage on the beach(not for me for her...every bloody day)..its a very romantic place quiet lovely beautiful that's it in a nut shell(just bring a pack lunch. Joke)goodnight and god bless

Room Tip: we booked the beachront private pool villa 102.......stunning lived like a king for one week,,,,,,,n...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 64mortonstreet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had booked a deluxe seaview room but on arrival they offered us a family deluxe room(609) because it was bigger(we're a family with 2 kids). They showed us another room but when we checked later it seems they showed us the superior seaview(smaller) because both deluxe rooms should be 60 sq meters acc to the webpage. By then we'd already settled in the room and we didn't bother to change but we didn't really feel we got what we booked.
The room: It was very spacious and plenty of room for the kids to spread their toys. The balcony had a bathtub and faced the backside of the restaurant and with annoying noice from the kitchen ventilation, no view. The room had a separated bathroom area with large refrigerator and a spacious shower. Nice beds but thick pillows. It was close to the beach which we asked for. Bad smell in the room.
Cleaning was so so. They didn't change linnen until we asked for it and there was no sign to put on the bed for that. When we asked in reception they said to put the "Make up room" sign but even so, they didn't change. We used up the Kleenex but they didn't replace it all week. That's really bad for a hotel of this standard. No info in the room about hotel facilities: gym, spa, canoes, bicycles etc. Also bad.
The beach: The beach was really cosy with lots of trees. It had sunbeds and our favourites; bean bags. There was plenty of shade until the afternoon. Then you had to move towards the pool to get shade. Lovely afternoon hours in the sun and we stayed there instead of sitting on the room balcony.
Breakfast: The breakfast was really nice and had the most you could wish for. I especially appreciated a very fresh and abundant vegetable buffé. The buffé area was separated which enabled you to eat in piece and quiet. They had a minimal roof terrace and somehow it was always possible to get a table there. It was a general feeling on the hotel that there weren't that many people that it should have been on a hotel of this size.
Dinner: This beach had the most expensive dining that I ever have experienced in Thailand. Thai dishes started at 250B and other dishes at 320B. On top of that they added tax and service charge of 17%. The food was OK or nice in all places we ate. The pizza for 390B was an exception. Dinner service at Anyavee was slow in spite of few guests.
Surroundings: Nothing to shop or expensive. We bought drinks, water, some snacks etc before we went there because we knew it was going to be like this. We went to the Hong islands. It was kind of nice but just too crowded. We liked better a small island closed to Pakbia island that we had all to our selves. Like said there are no local restaurants or shops and I wouldn't want to spend more than 1 week here. Talk to the boat drivers on the beach. We found one guy that also had a car and took us where we wanted to go. 500 B to Aonang, 800 B to Krabi Airport one way. Nice cars with seat belts.
Pool: Started to feel very worn down. Very few sundbeds (12) but again we didn't know where all the people were. Sometimes it was full but not often.
General: It was very mixed nationalities on this hotel which was nice. The hotel has a stunning location but they have really failed to make the most of the seaview. Few rooms had full seaview and quite often they'd placed trees right in front of the view. The roof terrace for breakfast was built with a broad wooden wall which limited the view and it was like said before too small.

Room Tip: 609 faced the back of the restaurant and the balcony had an annoying ventialtion noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sara A
Tub Kaek
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Just waited an hour for food at this overpriced restaurant (no local choices as it is so secluded). Ordered fish and chips and when it came the fish was still FROZEN in the middle. Extremely unhappy. They were gracious enough to not attempt to charge us for the fish, but no concession was made, nor were we offered anything to replace it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank marianne m
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in a beachfront pool villa.

Hotel is located on Tubkaek beach amidst a number of 4 and 5 star hotels but is far from the closest 'village'. While it is a bit isolated and you will need a taxi to get to any other part, amazing sunsets over the Hong islands more than make up for it.

Villa was very clean with all modern amenities. Bedroom was spacious with lots of storage space and ample lighting. Most fittings looked new. We felt double vanity sink in bathroom was a nice touch. Private swimming pool was of a good size and staff did a good job keeping it clean, especially with strong winds constantly dropping twigs in the water.

Buffet breakfast was included in our room rate and there was a good variety of Asian and Western dishes, fresh fruits, breads etc. Considering its location, travelling outside for lunch and dinner was not practical so we had all meals at their beachfront restaurant. Flavours were good but spice level was more suited to Western palates - we did ask for dishes to be cooked Thai style after our first orders arrived and they were much more authentic. Prices were obviously higher than similar non-hotel restaurants in Krabi.

Two way airport transfer was included in our room rate. We were travelling from Khao Lak so did not use airport pick up service. Airport drop in a private minivan was comfortable and efficient.

WiFi was free and worked well in common areas but was on-and-off in our room. Having to log in to a different network depending on which part of the resort you were in was a slight annoyance. This certainly needs improvement as a number of cheaper hotels in Thailand and other countries have much better seamless WiFi service.

Staff need training in customer service - we walked up to Reception to arrange our airport drop and were asked to come back in a few hours as they seemed overwhelmed with guests who were checking in at the time. We did get to spot monitor lizards while walking up to Reception from our room.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra for beachfront rooms as they have an amazing view of sunset over the Hong i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VikBajaj
London
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is our 3rd stay and I do not part with my money easily!

The Tubkaak beach is one of the best locations in the area and all the hotels on the beach are able to command something of a premium for their rooms. It is also true to say that prices in all the hotels restaurants are considerably higher than the local Thai restaurants which are a short Taxi ride away.

If however you wish for a tranquil beautifully chilled back atmosphere you will not be disappointed. I read some other reviews which criticise the service and can not agree. Yes if you are impatient sometimes service in the restaurant could be slicker but the upside is that everything is being freshly cooked for you. The staff are charming and helpful but many do have limited English so some patience is required.

Chill out and relax into the unique Thai atmosphere and you will be better equipped to return to the impatient and stressed world some reviewers inhabit. I stand by my good review from March last year.

Room Tip: A wide variety to suit different budgets most with sea view some spectacular ones!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I went to this hotel in the new year holiday (2013-2014) with my family , we have 7 adults and 3 children. We spent more than 100,000 Bath for 3 rooms for 4 days and expected a good services from the hotel BUT we was disappointed,
I would say it was the most horrible experience I ever had. When I am thinking about this I feel very regret that I decided to stay here.

Day 1

-Our flight arrived on time but hotel staffs did not arranged any car to pick us up even I reminded them about my schedule 2 days before and they even promised to provide a free transfer from the airport to the hotel and the car will be waiting for me at the airport. After making many calls to the hotel they were luckily to find a car -which waiting for other customers- to drive us to the hotel. We was waiting for more than half an hour.

- The food in the hotel's restaurant is very disappointed , we were setting by the sea but they don't have sea food to serve and over price. they charged as much triple price. I suggest you to go to Ao Nang- a tourism place, a lot of restaurants and pub.
to taste a good Thai sea food , it is way tastier than the hotel's restaurant. Anyhow, if you want to go out you will need to pay 1,600 Baht for the van.

Day 2
-I booked a two engines boat for an excursion to Hong Island but they sent me a one engine speedboat and told me the price for both was the same, it cost me 15,500 Baht.

Day 3
-We wanted to go out for lunch in Ao Nang and booked a van to arrive at 12.30 but the van arrived almost 1 hour behind schedule. they charge you extra cost for the van , you can't call the car from outside the hotel. This was the most frustrated thing for me as they let 10 people including 3little children starving.

Day 4
-They offer a free transfer the Airport to the hotel BUT on the way back to the airport you need to pay. They charged you 1,000 Baht for the airport transfer. This hotel is very far (45 minutes) from the airport.

To conclude, I feel like I was robbed , I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel until you want to have a horrible holiday like I had. The staffs team is not professional they don't know how to manage the hotel. You will feel like you are a money making machine as they Charge you for every move you make.

Room Tip: Book any room in other hotels. The resort next to this one has a very good Italian cuisine.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank kiat25
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is good, right to the beach and away from everything. But it is vers expensive. We where there for NY and they overcharged us for a crappy buffet with only soda incl. (4.000 bath each). The staff didnt speak english and where very confused . Only few other resorts on the same beach and their restaurants are also expensive. But the beach is very nice.

Room Tip: Deluxe double room with a balcony and a view are very nice
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,279 reviews
Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort? Share your experiences!