My Girlfriend and I stayed 5 nights at The Elements Resort over Christmas.
On arrival the staff were attentive and we were impressed by the room. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the main building overlooking the pool. The room was modern and very well presented with a huge bed, large shower and separate bath.
We were not at all impressed with the hotel restaurant. They offer a wide choice but the food was terrible and service was the slowest we've ever had!
The main let down is the lack of atmosphere. The small 'bar' area is more like an airport waiting room so evenings were always spent away from the resort or in our room.
The pool area looks nice and is clean although there was never enough sunbeds or towels for every guest. 12 sunbeds in total! A couple of days during our stay we had to ask for pads for our sunbeds and request clean towels which should be readily available at a resort like this.
The more expensive lower poolside rooms do have sunbeds on the terrace but these were in the shade 80% of the day so were rarely used by guests!
The pool bar was never in use which was surprising as we were there at peak season and the resort was at full capacity.
On Christmas Eve we both had food poisoning due to a lunch we shared at the hotel restaurant. The wooden board that our meal was served on was covered in ants!
This meant that we spent the whole of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in our room. Not the ideal Christmas celebration we were hoping for!
When telling the manager about this we were told he would look into it.
Upon check out the management agreed to not charge us for the lunch that caused our food poisoning.
We both had treatments in the hotel spa. I had a traditional Thai massage which was good and a decent price.
My girlfriend booked a facial but was unhappy with the treatment - it was obvious the member of staff was not trained properly to do facials and the service was very poor. We were offered a 50% discount after complaining to reception.
This resort is quite far away from anything else (shops, bars, restaurants, beaches, etc) so we had to use taxis every time we wanted to go anywhere. This would of been ok if we were totally satisfied with the resort and the facilities but we were always keen to try other places to eat as we felt the resort didn't always meet our expectations.
We wouldn't recommend this resort to friends or anyone expecting a high standard of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful Klong Muang beach, Krabi, The Elements Krabi Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. The elements of nature—earth, fire, wind, and water--have been woven into the resort's architectural design to let every guest experience the pleasures of the distinctive surroundings. Our landscape with rare tropical flowers and abundant foilage set the mood for a relaxing getaway in comfortable atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Elements Krabi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elements Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- The Elements Krabi Resort Thailand