“dusty”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

construction along the road make the dining area super dusty. but the food is okay though we had it to go

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Another great little Warung that I can definitely recommend. This is the sister Warung of the well know Warung Little Bird. Basically the same and just as busy. If you like the local Indonesian dishes then this is one place you need to try. Very affordable nothing over $5AUS. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had dinner here last night and was quite a let downfor our last night in Krabi. We thought we'd try a new place out given we were pretty much regulars at the places opposite the Nakamanda where we were staying. Bad move. This place was very average. Food was disappointing and a real let down. Watery mussamun curry. Tasteless prawns in pad thai and sea bass that was just a dud dish. No music the only noise was from the constant stream if trucks passing by going to the limestone wharves. The only highlight was the lady shaped glasses which were quite kitsch. Otherwise don't believe all the hype and reviews for this joint. You'll do better elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

As with most restaurants in this area, the Thai food is overpriced, but we expected that. We chose Coconut as we fancied Western food and it has a good selection on the menu. I want to emphasise that I live in Thailand and so know what to expect from food and service here. The food was fine, steaks cooked OK with a small portion of veg (carrots and beans) and French fries, tempura was a small portion and only carrot and beans, fish fillet also fine, but nothing to rave about, the bruschetta was quite nice. The restaurant was full which is usually a good sign, but clearly the staff can't cope. There were 3 people serving initially, but the waitress for our part of the restaurant disappeared shortly after we ordered. Our food did arrive, but the couple at the table next to us waited an hour, they had been forgotten completely and then had to send dishes back. Two other tables in our section had menus but waited a very long time before being asked if they wanted a drink, meanwhile people sat near the door were able to order as soon as they walked in. I asked for no French fries with my steak , but was it possible to have other potatoes or more veg. I half expected no fries and no extra anything, but the request had been ignored completely.
There is no service charge or tax on the bill, which I commend. I always tip in Thailand anyway as I am never convinced that the right people get the money, but on this occasion had decided not to tip. When I eventually got up and found someone to order the bill from, it was not totalled, so then another few minutes passed before it arrived. I paid, but then my change did not appear, so I went to the counter. Rather than return the change so that I could tip if I chose to, it turned out that they had pocketed the change already...very poor etiquette!
I found myself very frustrated for us and the people sitting near us. I assume there is better service at quiet times, but if full I would recommend trying somewhere else!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just a few minutes walk from the hotel the 'Coconut' looked interesting enough for lunch. We were clearly early as the place was deserted except for the owner/cook but we had a very decent lunch with a mix of Thai and 'Western' food and friendly service. The Thai food, like much of what I've had in the area was fired down and not terribly spicy, pity that. I would give this a 'good' if tripadvisor had such rating, thought ;very good' was a bit too overdone but definitely an Average+.

1  Thank Jeroen O