“Great resort right on the beach with beautiful pool!”

Beyond Resort Krabi
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
“Great resort right on the beach with beautiful pool!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Beyond Resort for 5 nights in March. It was surprisingly inexpensive given how beautiful the resort was, the location, and the amenities! We stayed in the cottages, which was a bit of a walk to the beach / lobby (probably 5 minutes), which was fine. I would stay in the hotel with a beach view if I stayed there again, though that was certainly more expensive. But the cottages were beautifully decorated, large, quiet, and clean. THe bed was large and very comfortable. The A/C worked very well, which was important since it was about 100 degrees F outside! The pool was beautiful and the perfect temp. The beach was clean and the swimming area was nice. There were long boats right outside of the hotel that would bring you out to the islands. It was an easy walk to several restaurants and bars. Taxi service was available when we wanted to go into Ao Nang (I'd skip this...the restaurants around the resort are better). My only complaint was that the food and drinks were relatively expensive (though breakfast was included and was excellent) and the service was fine, but a bit slow. All of the staff were very friendly, however, and always had smiles on their faces!

Room Tip: Cottages are cheaper but a bit of a walk. Sea facing rooms would be worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BangkokFareast, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for your lovely review, much appreciated. Your information shared will surely help any other future traveler to our resort. We have noted your comments and will do our utmost to improve our services further. Thanks for your compliments to our staff, they sure will be happy to hear that.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Rolf & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It is not usually a major issue for stay in a hotel of this class - but the room lighting was very poor. It was hard to even see things inside the room forget reading.
There was a problem with the air-conditioning as well - it was more like just a fan.
Beach is a no beach - it is a swamp at low tide. Food was decent - breakfast well spread and had variety. Spa was not impressive. Overall, for the money you pay, this place is not worth it. Rather go to Sheraton or some other resort nearby.

Room Tip: All rooms have views which are decent views at high tide but it is a pathetic sight at low tide from...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BangkokFareast, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for giving us your feedback. We have noted your comments and we do regret that we have not met your high expectation. However in our never-ending efforts to improve our services and enhance our customers` experience, we will do our utmost to make adjustments wherever we can.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Loved the sea-facing hotel lobby. It was more like a adult-only hotel. Breakfast spread was okay. Our rooms were clean, contemporary design and sea-facing. The private beach was few steps away from the swimming pool. Had to book the shuttle to Ao-nang way in advance as it was already full when we booked. We did not eat at the hotel, walked across the street to eat at Bai Tong restaurant, which is a family-run restaurant that serves authentic thai food at reasonable price. Bought some beer and snacks at the mini-mart nearby. Took a tuk-tuk to Ao-nang that cost us 350 Thai baht after much bargaining. Trip to airport via taxi was 500 Thai Baht after much bargaining too. Good place to stay if you don't want to shop at Ao-nang.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pigletpam
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for your kind review and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you said, our resort is more a place to relax but still some small shops/restaurants are nearby and for real shopping, it is not far to go to the more crowded Aonang beach.

We are looking forward to your return and remain with

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is our second time to Krabi, we like the area as it is a quieter town in the region. Think to try something different from last time, so we booked Beyond. It was all great on our arrival - pretty efficient check in, gorgeous sea view from the lobby, lovely welcome drinks n fruits, clean and spacious room.

However, our experience started to become not as pleasant afterwards ...

The lunch set seems to be of good value for hotel standard ... We ordered pad thai and pizza ... Which are usually the kind of food that cant go wrong but ... The pad thai was rather soaked with the sauce which made the pad thai v v v v v sweet. The pizza got too much cheese and soggy. Definitely not of a proper hotel standard.

Breakfast - The best is the boiled eggs which you can choose from 3/5/8-min boiled to your preference. Probably it is off season now, staff has slackened also. I only spotted one or two staff member like a girl named Jane was really there to serve guests. Most others were simply more busy chitchatting. Even though there is a tea station, i believed it is still nice to serve the in coming guests coffee or tea. And they can help clear the plates too. Very interestingly, on the first day, someone cleared the plates of my family but not my own, even i had my fork n knife put on the plate signalling that they could take away my plate. Only after a while the non-thai staff member understood that and came to pick my plate. Then on the following day, they cleared not only my plates but also my cutleries. So i had to asked for my cutleries twice. I m a pancake/waffle lover, but the pancakes served are more like bread to me. And the waffle-shaped pancakes are also confusing.

Towels - i like their policy that they give you the towels already at the room. We noted that we were allowed to change towel once a day. We brought the towels out from the room so the housekeeper could not change our towels. We asked a staff member at the swimming pool at the ground floor to change the towel for us, he told us to go to the 5th floor to change the towels ourselves ... Not what we would expect from a 4-star resort hotel to be very honest.

Adaptor - do remember to bring an adaptor if you are to stay in this hotel. I usually bring one but some happen that i forgot this trip. We borrowed one from the reception but it didnt work. We did tell the front desk staff that it didnt work but i guess they simply put it back without checking or marking anything on the adaptor ... So i highly believe this will be in another guest's hand when someone asks they for an adaptor again. Anyway, they still managed to get us another adaptor from the housekeeping ... But we have to sign this time to loan the adaptor. Dont quite understand why the different procedure. If there are two different types of adaptors, i wud prefer getting a properly function one in the first place than going through the fuss of changing one. We are here for holidays ...

Room - we stayed at villa. Very spacious. You can feel that you are very close to nature for you can find some insects in the room. I seriously got some mosquito bites so i had to set the aircon at 20 deg C so i wont donate more blood to the mosquitoes.

In conclusion, we wont come back for certain!

1 Thank wynsum
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and also for giving us your feedback. We have well noted all your comments however I can’t go into all details but still please be assured that we will look into all points mentioned for further improvements.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My booking through AirAsiaGo went without a hitch until I realized I made a mistake of booking the "smoking room". Email to AskAirAsiaGo support for assistant to change the room to "non-smoking" and this is part of the 1st reply I got, "we have tried to contact the hotel but failed" and followed by "kindly be inform that reservation department for most hotel does not operate for 24 hours." when I replied that I cannot understand how they can fail to reach their business partner. Please note that I had never demanded an instant reply since it was a few days before my trip.

Is this AirAsiaGo standard????

At Beyond Resort, Krabi everything was as expected except for a missing bottle of wine cooler on the 2nd day of our stay. We have left the wine cooler in the fridge to chill and it was missing when we returned after a day out visiting various attraction in Krabi. We reported to the reception the following day after having checked whether it was their "no outside food/drinks - policy". The reception assured us that they do not have such policy for the use of the room fridge and wrote down our issue. We did not receive any feedback even till the day we check-out when we enquire with the Assistant Manager who happened to be at the reception. He was not aware of our initial report but did promise to get back to us via email. Still waiting for the reply at the time of writing.

Will we go through AirAsiaGo for my holiday or stay in Beyond Resort Krabi again.....hmmmmm.

Room Tip: The Seaview rooms looks out directly into the Andaman sea while the Villas have less views.
3 Thank Jerry T
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for your review and we are glad to hear that you had a good stay in general. We have also noted your comments regarding the reservation through AirAsia; our policy is to reply the same day or at least within 24 hours.
Regarding the incident with the “wine cooler”, I will investigate once more to make sure that such things will not happen again. Also I do apologies that the Assistant Manager did not contact you anymore.

I do hope that you will return to our resort, so we can take good care of you. Please do let us know well in advance and I personally look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked 2 deluxe sea view rooms with twin beds in this trip but we were given 2 deluxe sea view rooms with a big bed. We are not sure where went wrong. As a result, I slept with my son so that my daughter could sleep with my wife. Room size was a bit small for me after comparing with many resort hotels that we have stayed. However, room was clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi was provided to us free.
Check-in and check-out were fast as the front office staff was not busy. Hotel staff were friendly and polite. The hotel’s breakfast was nothing worth to mention. Bananas were not ripe. Fried noodle was salty to us. Only pastry was good. We like the hotel’s swimming pool, which is big, clean and not too deep. The only negative side of the pool was closing at 7 pm. Fitness centre only opened at 9.30 am, which is too late for me. The hotel’s private beach had a beautiful beach front but water was not clear. It contained a lot of suspension particles. Overall, we were happy for a short stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor if you book for deluxe sea view room for better view of the sea.
1 Thank JLIM123
BangkokFareast, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for your review and we are glad to hear that you were happy to stay with us. We have also noted your comments for further improvements as this will be discussed among the team.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beyond Resort Krabi is located in Klong Muang , which is about 30 Km away from Aonang town and about 40 km from Krabi airport. Klong Muang is a quiet and peaceful area. There were only a few restaurants and shops near to the hotel. Most of the shops and restaurants did not open during our stay. We stayed in Villa room for a night and deluxe sea view room for 2 nights. Each Villa block has 2 rooms, 1 room in lower floor and another room in upper floor. It was surrounded by trees. If you like the nature, Villa room is an ideal. Room was clean and big. Bed was comfortable.
Our deluxe sea view room was in level 3, which has fantastic view of the sea and the hotel’s swimming pool. Room size was about 30% smaller than Villa room. Layout of deluxe sea view room was similar to most of the hotels. Room was clean and bed was comfortable too. Hotel provided free Wi-Fi during our stay.
Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel’s breakfast was average. Hotel has a big swimming pool. Pool was clean but it opened from 7 am to 7 pm. Fitness centre of the hotel was located in Cottage room area. It opened from 9.30 am to 7 pm., which I think it is too short and too late opening. Besides swimming pool and fitness centre, hotel did not provide other activities for its guests. Food and Massage in Klong Muang area were more expensive than Aonang area due to less competition. Baitong restaurant, which is opposite the entrance of the hotel serves a reasonably good Thai food.

Room Tip: If you are booking deluxe sea view room, ask for higher floor
2 Thank DN_Lim
BangkokFareast, General Manager at Beyond Resort Krabi, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and also for giving us your kind feedback. In our never-ending efforts to improve our services and enhance our customers` experience, we have noted your comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Beyond Resort Krabi.

Warm regards
Krabi Resort
Krabi Resort
#18 of 108 in Ao Nang
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Beyond Resort Krabi? Share your experiences!