“Fabulous experience!”

The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Tubkaak resort is perfect. After the hustle and bustle of the touristy side of town, it is a real pleasure to come back to your beautiful eco-friendly resort at the end of the day and enjoy a lovely dinner on the beach. The rooms were spacious and well decorated and I loved my bathroom! The pool is an amazing place to relax and unwind, and the view from the beach is to die for.

Also, as the resort is a 20 minute car ride away from the main tourist areas - if you want to go for an elephant tour, diving tour or a speedboat tour around the islands, you can do so and then return to the tranquility of your hotel.

My only negative experience there was with the hotels hire car driver. On our first evening, we booked a car to take us to Ao Nang and asked to be dropped off in the centre of town. Unfortunately, our driver was not keen on getting into the busy areas and decided to drop us off at one lonely end of the markets strip. It was after a lot of walking that we reached our destination. So, if you book a car, know where you want to go and make sure he drops you there - you are paying for it after all!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank K_M_Rodrigues

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We loved every minute of our time at the Tubkaak. We have both never seen a sunset like the ones at this location and the happy hour on the beach at sunset is one of the most relaxing times we have both enjoyed. The hotel itself is relaxed and unpretentious and promotes complete relaxation. Sunny The Manager and his staff are second to none and are so attentive and kind and do everything they can to make your stay truly memorable. We have never received service like this anywhere in the world...they really went beyond the call of duty helping us to ship items from the giftshop and even waved us off when we left the hotel...it was a superb experience. The food in the restaurant is delicous and our special night eating on the beach was the most memorable experience we have ever had and very romantic. We can't wait to return as soon as we can.

Room Tip: There are only 4 beach front rooms but they are the best and worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My son and I stayed at the Tubkaak for 3 nights. We enjoyed the rooms, the food, the staff, the spa and the beach. It is a wonderful hotel and get a full thumbs up in all categories. We also enjoyed the neighboring hotel the Amari for dinner and loved the message ladies on the beach. It is an idillic get away.
When coming to Tubkaak Beach you need to be clear that it is far away from most activities. My son and I wanted to get away from the noise and pollution of Bangkok and Tubkaak Beach and the Hotel provided a welcome sanctuary. There are no crowds here. The draw back is if you want to part take in excursions they most all leave out of Ao Nong Beach. The tour providers will come pick you up and take you wherever you need to go but it does add 30 minutes on to your adventure. You can also take the hotel shuttle which goes into town every other night to enjoy restaurants and shopping in town.
Again it is important to be clear about what type of experience you want. I would choose to stay in Tubkaak for a romantic getaway. I would not, however, choose to go back with my 15 year old son who likes lots of adventure. With the family I would stay in Railay Beach even though the beaches are over crowded - there is just a lot more for young adventurous people to do. Especially for those who like to sleep in and not have to get up too early to catch a ride into town. We enjoyed the Kon-Tiki Diving excursions and the rock climbing with King Climbers in Railay.
To bring it full circle we loved Tubkaak and would recommend it to anyone searching for a romantic peaceful Thai Beach experience! Make sure and take a Taxi Boat across to the Island directly in front of the hotel (name escapes me). It is a national park and the beach is fabulous. Get up early and enjoy the island beach before the rest of the Krabi tourists make it there!
Another tip - try and visit Thailand in the fall and winter. Avoid March and APril. It was extremely hot while we were there. Enjoy!

Room Tip: We had the pool view rooms both bottom and top. The bottom rooms are easier to make very dark if th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SeeallAM
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Tubkaak Resort feels more like home than a resort, when I arrived I was "welcomed home" and that is exactly how it felt, for my 4th visit in 8 years this trip was the highlight of my life. My cousin and I have stayed here since 2004 celebrating my 40th birthday and this trip we celebrated her nuptials with her beautiful husband. With many family attending the resort catered to our every need. Every expectation was met and exceeded with not only the wedding but also looking after every guest with their every need. Sonny performed the ceremony and you couldnt ask for a better celebrant. If you want to have the most restful experience of your life this is a must do. This is relaxation at its best.
Petcharat is the General Manager with Sunny as her assistant GM.
In the restaurant we experienced nothing ever before experienced, when I asked our waiter what is your name he said "name very difficult to pronounce, just call me "O" and yet he remembered every single one of our names plus every other guest at the resort. If you want the ultimate experience, pack your bag and board that plane, cause this is your ultimate dream destination.

Room Tip: Choose Seaview, the view is amazing
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gay F
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had quickly booked this trip, so we just booked by looking at Trip Advisor. Usually we do plan but we changed our plans. This hotel was at the top of the recommended list and we were not let down. Service was amazing, we travel the World and truly have not had better service anywhere. Sunny, you and your staff are a credit. Do not believe any of the negative reviews here (I think there is only one anyway!) The rooms are beautiful and the food in the restaurant is brilliant. My feelings are with a previous reviewer if you want to stay in Ao Nang beach with all of that sort activity then maybe this resort is not for you. We did not find the distance at all a problem - just went into to town and hired a Motor scooter for 900bht for 5 days. I wish I could remember all of the staffs names to thank and mention them individually.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dag2546
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Had the loveliest time! Great for quiet 'ME' time or a romantic getaway for couples.
Every day without fail, we watched the kois during breakfast and ate a milk banana pancake at tea-time. A book in hand with such scenic view in front. Heavenly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed for almost one week with our two teenaged children in room nos. 118 and120. Everything from check in to check out including the very helpful staff, private beach, spa etc was perfect. We loved the resort and will certainly visit again, and also strongly recommend to all our friends. Areas of improvement are frankly very few including better pillows and mattresses in the room and more vegetarian items in the restaurant menu. And yes, the wi FI connectivity was not consistent in the sort, particularly in the rooms......blessing in disguise I guess!

Stayed: March 2012
Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort
#7 of 12 in Nong Thale
Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!