We haven't even left the walls of the hotel, but couldn't leave soon enough. Heeding the positive reviews, my wife and I decided on this hotel for the mainland Krabi leg of our honeymoon.
While there are admittedly positive aspects about our stay here -- the staff is friendly enough, the premises are somewhat idyllic and the breakfast buffet is well equipped -- there pluses are just not redeeming enough to pull this place out of purgatory and don't hold a candle to the kind of service we got at other hotels in the region, like Layana on Koh Lanta.
To start, the food is absolutely atrocious, while also being ridiculously overpriced. We had our most expensive meal to date in Thailand in this hotel, and not because we'd ordered any more extravagantly than we had anywhere else. Everything from the $8-French fries to the insipid Thai dishes were surprisingly bad. It's almost as if their small serving sizes were an admission of its shoddy quality. My wife had a craving for a hamburger and the meat was grey, rubbery and unnatural looking. Think of a waterlogged cadaver.And it tasted about that good as well. We know that hamburger isn't a traditional Thai dish...but really?!?! And good luck finding other eating options close by; this is sadly all there is.
The rooms are basic but nice, but the bathroom is moldy ( see pic) Yes, mold. And lots of it. And when the cleaning service came to make our bed, they literally threw the sheet back up over the bed (see pic) and put the dirty dishes (from room service) off to the side, limiting their effort to the bare minimum. Our room service remains spent more than 24 hours waiting outside our door. Coming back after a long day out, we saw that at least the hordes of ants outside our door were well fed.
The beach is eh -- falls far short of elsewhere in Krabi and very far short of the islands' nearby. And the hotel services here are far more expensive than those offered elsewhere.
Construction next door for the hotel's expansion is both loud and unsightly. 'Boutique'? Try corporation. It's as boutique as Macdonalds, both in philosophy and atmosphere. When we were forced to cut our honeymoon short due to a family emergency, the manager refused to reimburse us for the days unspent -- even partially. Profiting from misfortune; more of the same. 'Boutique'? Try having some class and compassion first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very chic boutique resort with just 59 stylistically finished rooms and pool villas located at Krabi's most pristine Tubkaak Beach. Offering utmost privacy, spellbound tranquility with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Hotel Nong Thale
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort Thailand