“A lot of pros.. but also cons.”

The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Lisbon, Portugal
“A lot of pros.. but also cons.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Beautiful hotel, beautiful scenery.. shame about the expansion construction work (which we were not told about).

The hotel is set literally in the middle of the jungle. To get to the front desk you actually cross a path of wood canopy in the air, in the middle of the trees. We got a warm welcome and were shown to our room by very efficient and friendly staff.
The room was adorable. High tech safety features - the door lock is a wood bar that fits in the door handles =) Leave your shoes outside.. to find a lovely interior, bed made with petals for the honeymooners. Our room had a pool view and a sink pool (aka bathtub) in a secluded courtyard.
Breakfast is served in a perfect little hut by the sandy beach, with a view of the hundred tiny crabs in the sand. You can order a la carte (mostly thai menu) or from the cook - waffles, pancakes, omellettes.. Lunch and dinner are also served there, but there is only a la carte service. Overall, the thai menu is very very good. They do have some western dishes, but we didn't enjoy them half as much. Our very special thank you to Kanthima for cultural insight and teaching us how to pronounce each dish's name.
Our package included a 1-hour thai massage at the spa, which was absolutely wonderful.
The hotel provides beach "pillows", bed-sized, so you can lounge around. Poolside beds are also available, but we didn't get to enjoy much of them because of the construction works. The hotel was expanding from 40 to 60 rooms, so the banging and hammering started at 8 am and didn't stop till 6. So much for the pool jacuzzi...
The hotel has a shuttle service that takes you to the village of Ao Nang - heads up, you have to book in advance and pay 200baht pp. Unfortunately it only works 3 days a week and witha prefixed schedule. Other options include taking a taxi, which is about 20min and 4 times as expensive.
Overall, the hotel would truly be five stars for the quiet and the beauty of it. A bit disappointing for us though..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pedroetania

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Handcross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on the last leg of our trip to the southern hemisphere. The hotel was excellent on every level. The staff were so attentive to detail at all times and most helpful whenever asked. The rooms were spotlessly clean and serviced daily. We stayed in a deluxe room which was lovely. The swimming pool is excellent as are all the other facilities on offer. The free wi fi was a godsend which was not offered for free anywhere else we stayed especially in Koh Samui. My wife and I also went on a number of excursions through the hotel including elephant trekking, tours to Phi Phi and other islands which were all brilliant value and well conducted. The spa is also excellent and cheap by any standard and the food and restaurant was also excellent on all levels. My wife and I are both professionals who like to travel and stay in luxury resorts/hotels and have travelled all over the world. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax, do some excursions and be left alone in lovely peaceful surroundings. We would definitely return to this hotel as we were only there for four nights which were all wonderful. Our special thanks go to Ritchie and Punch, however, our thanks go to all the staff and team at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 115 was in a perfect location 25 yards from the swimming pool and 100 yards to the beach. We d...
3 Thank Kim Serena B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at the Tubkaak for 3 nights in August 2013. The hotel is beautiful and on a secluded beach with great views of the Hong islands. The staff were helpful. The restaurant next to the beach was perfect. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice of hot dish options. We ate evening meal once and it too was great. We had an upstairs room overlooking the pool. This was a building with 4 rooms, 2 upstairs and two downstairs. We couldn't hear neighbours but I think they were empty. The room was beautifully designed and had an outdoor shower and bath which was a nice novelty. My partner used the spa and said it was good value for money. I would recommend this hotel to anyone but be aware of two points: They are currently extending the hotel and so right next to the pool area is a temporary boarding hiding a building site where new bungalows are being built. Its unsightly and the building work noise starts at 8am and is supposed to finish at 5pm but didn't. Apparently the website I booked through warned me of this - but if it did it was in the small print at the bottom. It appeared to me that this building work will continue for many months so be warned. Having said that - it didn't particularly spoil our time there. The second point to note is that this is one of a number of hotels on this part of Krabi but I wasn't expecting it to be so remote. The hotel offers a reasonably priced transfer bus to Ao Nang and Krabi - at 6 in the evening. But not every night. Otherwise you have to pay a lot for a taxi. We were able to get tuktuks back to the hotel from Ao Nang but they are 400 / 500 Baht. Again this didn't spoil things. Being remote and in the off season meant we had the pool and beach and sea mostly to ourselves. We arrived at this hotel from The Pimalai in Koh Lanta which was first class and faultless and our arrival at The Tubkaak did not quite match it.

Room Tip: More expensive villas overlook the sea but our one bed upstairs room overlooking the pool was perfec...
3 Thank Matt W
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 September 2013

just back from Krabi and had a 4 night stay at Krabi Boutique Resort Superior Room~

like it all - the room, the environment, their restaurant, the spa and nice staff!

I want to mention the breakfast! every morning! Although not a wide range of food provided, I have deep impression on the fresh fruits and their homemade jam! I especially love their jam - the papaya and strawberry one. The only pity thing is the jam is not for sale.

And the other thing I want to mention is the location. Maybe you will find this resort is not near the Ao Nang area where everybody wants to go. But if you are interested in the Hong Island tour, you are quite near the boarding pier, just 10 min drive. But the Ao Nang people need at least 30 min drive. So when I booked the tour at the airport, the agent keep emphasising your hotel is quite far and we need 30-40 min drive one way, so the price is like that high. If I could have known Hong Island is that near, would definitely save a lot of expenses.

They also provide shuttle bus to Ao Nang and Krabi town with quite good rates but only in the evening. I should have checked the shuttle bus time before I did the trip schedule, it would be much more convenient for you to go to other area.

Room Tip: since all the rooms are actually very close to the beach, so if you have limited budget, superior ro...
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a hidden gem in Southern Thailand. The hotel keep environment stable for aquatic life and all the trees along the beach. No beach umbrella with commercial thing like other beaches
There are the private beach dining, bar and restuarant that serve delicious healthy foods. We loved everything about this hotel. hopefully, they'll keep it up ... We throughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be coming back!!!

Room Tip: choose Deluxe Room suitable for honeymoon!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Folyfon N
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Pricey, but so worth it! We stayed in a beautiful room, only meters from the pool and a short wander down to the restaurant and beach! And the beach! It was practically a private beach and we could swim under the stars and feel like we were in paradise! The sunset there is wonderful, as is the food! Pancakes and waffles for breakfast were a fun treat, and the lunch and dinner food was wonderful too! The massages are ok but I'm being nitpicky here! While we stayed there, we had the privilege of being part of a ceremony to offer food to a monk and I will never forget that experience! A little out of the way in relation to Krabi but trust me, make no plans to leave the hotel, you'll just end up cancelling them :-)

Room Tip: From what I saw they are all fabulous!
1 Thank ZumbaSiobhan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We chose to stay in the Tubkaak Suite as it had 2 bedrooms and we were travelling with our 3 children. The price was high and we could only stay 3 nights as the room was already booked. We spent the rest of our time in Krabi at Rayavadee. I must say it was worth it though and I preferred it over Rayavadee. The resort is beautiful. Our suite was amazing. We had our own private amazing pool that overlooked the ocean. The suite also has a sauna. The first section of the suite is 3 floors. When you enter there is an amazing bathroom with 2 outdoor showers and an outdoor Jacuzzi tub. The toiletries are excellent. Then up a few stairs is the master bedroom that overlooks the ocean and another bathroom. Down a few stairs from the main floor is a living area with kitchen table. The view is amazing from this room. The only concern we had was that the second room had to be accessed from the outside. Since our children are 10 and younger this was a little scary for us. We did teach them to lock the door and not let anyone in but still felt a little nervous. We even had them come and stay in the living room one night as there was an employee party going on and I wasn't sure how late it would be. There was construction going on right next to us and it did not bother us one bit. The staff were so friendly. The Thai Massage was amazing and not overly overpriced as most hotel spas are. The breakfast was good. There is only one restaurant which is fine and the staff are helpful at advising of places to eat outside of the hotel. Some complained about the location being to remote. I did not find it that remote. We took a taxi into town two nights. I will say the taxi in Krabi is quite expensive for a family of 5 (700 bahts each way). We usually rent a car when we go on vacation but since we had a short stay we didn't think the taxi fares would be to bad. I don't know if we would have been better off renting a car. I loved this beach. I have been to a lot and this one is so clean and easy for kids to swim in. I found it much better than Railey beach. The kids had so much fun seeing the crabs, sand dollars and sea stars. I would definetly go back here.

Room Tip: If you are a family definitely chose the Tubkaak Suite. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
#1 of 13 in Railay Beach
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!