Beautiful hotel, beautiful scenery.. shame about the expansion construction work (which we were not told about).
The hotel is set literally in the middle of the jungle. To get to the front desk you actually cross a path of wood canopy in the air, in the middle of the trees. We got a warm welcome and were shown to our room by very efficient and friendly staff.
The room was adorable. High tech safety features - the door lock is a wood bar that fits in the door handles =) Leave your shoes outside.. to find a lovely interior, bed made with petals for the honeymooners. Our room had a pool view and a sink pool (aka bathtub) in a secluded courtyard.
Breakfast is served in a perfect little hut by the sandy beach, with a view of the hundred tiny crabs in the sand. You can order a la carte (mostly thai menu) or from the cook - waffles, pancakes, omellettes.. Lunch and dinner are also served there, but there is only a la carte service. Overall, the thai menu is very very good. They do have some western dishes, but we didn't enjoy them half as much. Our very special thank you to Kanthima for cultural insight and teaching us how to pronounce each dish's name.
Our package included a 1-hour thai massage at the spa, which was absolutely wonderful.
The hotel provides beach "pillows", bed-sized, so you can lounge around. Poolside beds are also available, but we didn't get to enjoy much of them because of the construction works. The hotel was expanding from 40 to 60 rooms, so the banging and hammering started at 8 am and didn't stop till 6. So much for the pool jacuzzi...
The hotel has a shuttle service that takes you to the village of Ao Nang - heads up, you have to book in advance and pay 200baht pp. Unfortunately it only works 3 days a week and witha prefixed schedule. Other options include taking a taxi, which is about 20min and 4 times as expensive.
Overall, the hotel would truly be five stars for the quiet and the beauty of it. A bit disappointing for us though..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very chic boutique resort with just 59 stylistically finished rooms and pool villas located at Krabi's most pristine Tubkaak Beach. Offering utmost privacy, spellbound tranquility with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Hotel Nong Thale
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort Thailand