“the real truth” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Pattaya, Thailand
“the real truth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I agree with most of the reviews but.........They have a shuttle bus only on Wednesday,Friday and Sunday. After paying nearly 11000 baht ($300) a night you would think the bus would be free, NO it is not .You have to pay 200 baht ($6) per person. They give you a box of tissues in your room and take out 80% of them which leaves you hardly any left.When you eat your meals you have to ask for a toothpick as they dont have them on the table..the meals are expensive and they hold you to ransom as you have to stay there for your meals. the size of the meals are small too. the check in counter in up a flight of stairs. If you are disabled then it is so hard to do. they have a happy hour 2 for the price of one , but be careful as my friends ordered some cocktails and there was hardly any alcohol in them.They also dont bring you your menue for a long period as they want to sell you more drinks. A staff member told us this as we asked him why it took so long for the menue to arrive. The breakfast is ok but have seen better in cheaper hotels.There is hardly any service there as well as there is nobody bringing tea or coffee to your table.They ask one time when you first sit down.There is not alot of activities at the resort. The staff are helpful , but some of them could learn more english. When we arrived there we went to the wrong hotel , (taxi fault). We rang up the tubkaak and ask them to pick us up. They arrived in one of the workers pickup truck to take us to the right hotel. This is the hotel you pay 11000 baht a night for!!!so here we are 3 of us and all our luggage in a pickup truck. Why am I being so hard on these minor things for. Well 3 klms down the road is the Element resort , half the price and better service. As I had friends coming from overseas I could not book the resort for them as they booked the tubkaak themselves. They checked out 3 days earlier as they were disappointed in the pricing of the resort. This resort just wants to make the most money from the guests. Would I go back ....only if the resort dropped it prices , I will keep going to the Elements.I gave location 4 stars because of the beautiful sunsets. Otherwise it is terrible as there are no shops near by.I needed to go to the shops which are only 4 klms away and asked if they could take me and they said no. Told me to order a taxi.

Room Tip: buy your water and coke and snacks before you go there.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here the last week of Oct for our wedding anniversary and couldn't have made a better choice. We are both international flight attendants and as such we have stayed in many resorts all over the world. The friendly staff and their high levels of professionalism rivaled that of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of visiting. This holiday was a last minute decision and from the first email we received the Tubkaak reservations desk took care of everything. It really was too easy! Before we knew it, the Resort had organized private transfers to and from Krabi Airport, and we had pre-booked a number of magical tour packages to James Bond Island, Phi Phi and Railay Beach just to name a few. From the moment we arrived we were treated to a seamless get away made that much better by the outstanding staff, from the cleaners through to the manager. I would highly recommend this Resort to those who want to relax and enjoy the tranquillity of waking up to the sound of waves lapping the tropical shore line whilst at the same time being able to easily access the popular tourist sights that make the Krabi region so popular. In relation to current construction taking place at the resort, most of the heavy work takes place off site and as such there was minimal (if any) disruption. Highly Recommended!

1 Thank Paul R
Naas, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I spent four days here on our honeymoon. The staff are very warm and friendly and they really try their best to help in any way. The rooms are also very clean and romantic and the scenery is stunning. Our room featured an outdoor bath and shower, which is just amazing for a honeymooning couple. Plus, the staff put flowers petals in the bath and hearts on the bed. They also formed my nightdress into the shape of an hourglass when they cleaned, which I think is very cute!!

Yes, there is construction going on and it can be a bit loud at times. However we got a cheaper deal because of the construction. Furthermore, one can always listen to one's iPod if the noise gets overwhelming.

My husband and I didn’t favour the beach, as we weren't interested in sitting on bean bags. However, we spent our days by the pool, which is very big and has a lovely depth. It's deep enough to swim in but shallow enough for non swimmers to wade in too. I gave my husband swimming lessons there actually!

I have coeliac disease, which means I must eat gluten free foods. Sadly there is very little awareness of this condition in Thailand and I was continually poisoned while in the country. However this wasn't the case at Tubkaak. The manager responded to the enquiry mail I sent regarding my disease in a very prompt manner and assured me straight away that I would be catered for. Indeed I was, as the chef baked gluten free bread for me so that I had bread to eat with breakfast every day. He even made 3 rolls for me to take on my trip to Koh Samui, as there is basically zero awareness of the condition there.

As for the food in general at Tubkaak there, it is very tasty, but portions can be a bit small, specifically with dinner. So we worked around this by getting bread without our soup and also by ordering extra rice. It's also important to note that they have lovely singers playing there at dinnertime, and this only adds to the romantic ambience. The food is definitely more expensive than in most other parts of Thailand, but we didn't mind that really as the restaurant views were stunning; the atmosphere was romantic and chilled; and the food was tasty.

The manager, Sunny, is also lovely. He came out to talk to us, as he tries to do with most guests apparently, and he was just very sweet. He also brought out every staff member to search the place when two rubies fell out of my wedding band.

The place itself is absolutely beautiful and the views are stunning. It's well worth going to!

Top tip: My only caveat is that the waiters' English is not as good as the English of the employees at the front desk. I also found it was easier when I wrote things down, as my accent may throw non native speakers.

2 Thank lynncrf
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We loved our stay here. It was so relaxing and easy. The staff are faultless - Friendly, Efficient and with a great sense of humor. We stayed in a deluxe room, which looked out towards the beach. It was split level with a king bed and large bathroom. The resort is surrounded by lovely rain forest, which adds to the serenity. Although the construction was still going on, we barely noticed it (It was probably more distracting closer to the pool). The pool itself was fantastic as is the beach that offers superb views of Hong Island etc. (I recommend the long boat trip to Hong Island which is stunning). There was an Italian restaurant opening whilst we were there but we only ate at the Thai one, as the food was so delicious. You are quiet isolated here but there is frequent mini buses going into Krabi including one on Sunday to the Night Market, which is also a great experience.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was fortunate to win a three night stay in the Tubkaak as part of a holiday package and to be honest I have never had a better experience of staying in a hotel.

We arrived after 3 days in Bangkok and the weather was gloriously warm. We were greeted with a beautifully refreshing cool drink and an ice cold face cloth and incredibly friendly staff. The package gave us a deluxe room right beside the pool. The manager, Sunny, was very informative and very relaxing. While he did inform us of the ongoing building work, the noise was present but not obtrusive.

To be honest the next few days were absolute heaven with relaxation and taking it easy being the main course for each day. The Thai restaurant served great tasting food with a fantastic view out over the beach; the bar was well stocked and the beer was also ice cold.

I would highly recommend staying in the Tubkaak resort. Coming home we were relaxed and happy; even now looking back at the photos I realise how fortunate I was to have won the holiday and also how fortunate it was for the resort to be so calming and nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Drbinoche
West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Do not under any circumstances stay in one of the "lower level" rooms unless you plan to spend your time in a tiny box with all the blinds closed, or if you are an exhibitionist willing to put on a show for all the guests at the pool.

There are two restaurants. Portions are small and food is expensive. The only way to get to the town (a 20 minute drive) is to take the shuttle which only runs 3 times A WEEK and costs 20 dollars per person each way, or to take the hotel's private taxi which costs $40 each way.

The hotel offers the free use if sea kayaks, but guests are only allowed to use the kayaks for one hour.

The hotel is also expanding, which means that there is very loud, constant construction noise from 9am until after 10pm. Literally you sit at the pool and watch the workers hammer tiles onto the new roofs next to the pool.

We were supposed to stay here for 4 nights for our honeymoon, but are leaving after just one.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Es_bo123
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I spent 2 days with my 2 children in tubkaak in room 131 and 129.
The journey from the airport was pleasant in a comfortable van and a driver who was on time at the airport with adequate signage to be found at the exit of the baggage claim
We where provided with a bottle of water each.
A little plus could have been cold water and a fresh towel to make things faultless.
Upon arrival at the hotel we reach the lobby where we were actually given fresh aroma towels and a cool drink while sitted in comfortable armchairs under a well ventilated sala.
After an dilligent check-im we were lead to our room.
Located at the second floor the room was tactfully decorated with high ceillings and an oitdoor rain shower and bath.
A little terrace was overloking the swimming pool.
A nespresso machine was provided.
A wooden game gave plenty of time to the children to adapte.
The room is also equipped with a fan for people who are allergic to aircon.
The front door is woodenly beautiful with an antique looking lock.
The toiletery is beautiful.
In one of the 2 rooms which where completely similar at the exception of the bath tub color we had a problem of shower water not evacuating fast enough.
Otherwise the rooms were faultless and a basket is already fited with towel to go for a swim.
2 swiming options:
The swimming pool which is nicely shaped and fitted with a jacuzzi and a bubble fountain.
The sea which is extremely close with fine sand beach.
The breakfast and dinner are taken on a wooden deck overlooking a koi pond and the sea. Very nice and relaxing.
You can feed the koi fishes with pellets which are always available on the deck.
The food is adequate the wine leave things to be desired.
The staff is nice and diligent.
A very pleasant and easy going stay overall

A

Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
#1 of 13 in Railay Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,688 reviews

Been to The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!