This resort had a lot to live up to , and we were not disappointed! We stayed at the individual suites by the beach with our 2 teenaged daughters and loved it! Service was quiet but friendly and efficient... and very honest! i had mistakenly left my cartier and van cleef rings on the bedside table, before our excursion and there they were when i returned! Food at both the thai and italian was good but agree with others that the portions were small and a bit expensive. The evening entertainment under a canopy of lighted trees was a wonderful soft rock singer strumming his guitar; perfect. Rooms were clean but needs updating in the bathrooms. The linen in the second roomed smelled a bit midewy.
Beautiful quiet beach for pure relaxation. Not sure if we would recommend this for families with young kids as the mood is contemplative and peaceful. Lots of honeymoon couples. If you want fire shows and synthesised music not the place for you.
Tips for the boat excursions... the long boats are great. you get to see the beautiful views and can access the lovely hong island and beyond. leave by 8 am latest! IF you rent a private speed boat to phi phi island as we did, sure you can get there a lot faster and have your own flexibility but these guys really gun the engines. Although we were told it was wavy that day, after 5 mins, we had little choice than to sit down and hold onto the sides of the boat. The views must have been stunning but we were going so fast, and it was so bumpy we did not have a chance to enjoy it. The driver of the boat also told us that they forgot the snorkelling gear after we arrived on Phi Phi. Happily we had our own goggles and flippers .. but if we had not, that was 500 dollars down the tubes! Bring a first aid kit as well! Vinegar for small jellyfish bites. they have nothing on board and speak little English. I believe for a 5 star hotel, they should be working more co-operatively to coordinate the quality of vendors they partner with.
Overall they did do an excellent job blending the traditional thai style structures with modern luxuries discretely into the rain forest. you can tell this was conceived by a thai national versus a foreign hotel chain. We will come back and stay at the pool villa or the suite by the beach.
spa was very inexpensive.. go for the thai massages over the oil.
The new villas under construction look great and we were not too disturbed by the sporadic noise. Once we even requested that they stop for 2 hours which they did, so it all worked out! The guests were pretty low key and pleasant. No cell phones heard for our 5 days there! We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very chic boutique resort with just 59 stylistically finished rooms and pool villas located at Krabi's most pristine Tubkaak Beach. Offering utmost privacy, spellbound tranquility with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Hotel Nong Thale
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort Thailand