Because the Rayavadee was not available for out entire stay in Krabi, we decided to give Tubkaak a try. The is a great resort, but coming from Rayavadee, there are a few amenities and services you lose. Whereas the Rayavadee would do everything to make your stay pleasant, the staff at Tubkaak almost give you snarky looks if you make the slightest request. Their staff also doesn't speak English very well.
The beach is gorgeous and private in the sense that nobody really goes there unless you are staying at the hotel or adjacent hotels. Instead of lounge chairs, they use beanbags, which are amazingly comfortable and chill. The beach is super peaceful and quiet and gorgeous...but only at high tide. High tide is when the water comes to the edge of the shoreline so all you see is the water. Low tide is when the water receded into the ocean leaving about 20-30 feet of wet sand with hole dug by crabs. It's unattractive. If you want to just get some R&R, this hotel is the place to be.
There is little to no drinks / dining service at the beach, where most guests hang out. The pool is disappointedly located in the center of the resort and much smaller than the pictures show.
This resort is the only one with decent dining options. One of the nights we were there, they had a seafood beach bbq. They really put a lot of effort into the ambiance. There were hanging lanterns, floral arrangements and beautiful candles. It was a very romantic beachside dining experience...with 15 other tables. Ambiance aside, the food was actually quite good. As a matter of fact, guests at other nearby resorts come to Tubkaak for dinner every night because food at their resort was subpar.
The resort IS very far from the city center so venturing to town for dinner is a hassle. A lot of tour companies charged us extra for pick-up fees because we were further away.
We also had a spa treatment in their infamous massage room. It was quite cool but the massage was nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very chic boutique resort with just 59 stylistically finished rooms and pool villas located at Krabi's most pristine Tubkaak Beach. Offering utmost privacy, spellbound tranquility with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Hotel Nong Thale
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort Thailand