Just returned home following 10 nights at the Tubkaak and what a wonderful place this is! On arriving in Thailand we had 2 hectic days in Bangkok as we wanted to cram in as much as we could, so we were quite exhausted when we arrived at Krabi airport.
The driver from the hotel was waiting for us and drove us the 50 min journey to the Tubkaak. The road just before it is appalling - they are awaiting the completion of the new hotels around there before it is surfaced, and it takes you past a gypsom quarry which is not a pretty sight!! However don't let it put you off - the place is well worth the rocky ride!
In reception we were welcomed with a cold drink and an even colder cloth which had been infused with eucalyptus - so refreshing and very welcome in the heat. We were given a tour of the resort prior to being shown to our room. We chose one on the ground floor overlooking the pool - it wasn't spacious but adequate. The natural materials used throughout the Tubkaak give a real calming effect to the whole place. Our outdoor bath was supersized and the shower area big also. It was very well equipped with oils and lotions, comb, shower caps, and all the usual refinements you would find in any top hotel.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean and well kept. The staff are absolutely wonderful and can't do enough for you - so very oblidging. The restaurant staff are lovely as are staff in reception and at the Spa. Food was mouth-wateringly delicious the whole time we ate there. They work on a system whereby each person has 600 bahts each day which is taken off your bill at the end of your stay. Everything is signed for including transport, Spa treatments etc.
The beach and the views are very beautiful - the sea is quite shallow for a good way out and the sand is cleaned mid day every day. We spent a lot of time on the beach because there was alovely breeze from the sea and although we were there in the rainy season it hardly rained at all!!
Ao Nang is about 20 mins away and 1200 bahts return using the hotel transport. This compares favourably with the local taxis who also charge the same. Its a lovely little resort with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. We ate in the Thai International Cuisine a couple of times - the food was delicious and very, very cheap.
Krabi town itself (40mins away) is not as nice we didn't think. It's a market town and quite grubby and rather smelly! We didn't stay there long.
There was a wedding while we were there and the preparation for it was excellent - I would highly recommend the Tubkaak if anyone was thinking of marrying over there.
On leaving we were presented with a lovely gift from Pech the manager who walked with us to our car. She is a very caring individual who responds to any comment personally both at the resort and by email.
All in all we would highly recommend this accomodation and would have no hesitation in returning there one day. I just hope that the new hotels under construction do not spoil what they have there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very chic boutique resort with just 59 stylistically finished rooms and pool villas located at Krabi's most pristine Tubkaak Beach. Offering utmost privacy, spellbound tranquility with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Hotel Nong Thale
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort Thailand