We stayed here in August 2011 in the least expensive room (I believe it's called a Resort Villa). We really enjoyed our three night stay, and as other people have said we were more than happy with the size and quality of the room.
The next category Ocean view Villas are above the Resort Villas and are actually smaller as they lose the large rear garden and outdoor bath, Reserve Villas are larger and have a pool and the Royal Villa (which our butler took us to) have a private pool and are directly on the beach.
There are only around 50 rooms in the property, August is low season but I think even at full occupancy it would seem very private. We often had the main pool to ourselves, and at most saw 2 other couples when we were out.
I was expecting the food to be pretty bad as per previous reviews, maybe because of this I thought the food was okay, but it is quite expensive (burger $30). Breakfast is just okay as well, nothing to exciting.
Beach bar is great at sunset, loved the 4 meter bed in our room, and Yin our butler was great as well.
I would recommend this hotel for people looking for a luxurious relaxed hotel. Please be aware however that the resort is quite remote, you can't really walk to any bars/restaurants outside hotel and the main town is about 35 mins away.
That didn't bother us however - highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand