Just stayed at the Ritz for a few days...Staff at the property are nice. But the surrounding area is a dump. A few meters away, there was a tanker sitting there for a days, I saw the rusted tanker more often than hot guys at the pool & the beach (yes I am gay). I had a car and drove and went to Krabi town a few times, between the Ritz & Sofitel (don't go here because the beach & view is worse than the Ritz), I saw at least 10, 18 wheelers every time I drove by. I think the Thai's found some minerals and they are digging deep. If you stay at the ritz not only will you see an ugly ship but you will also see this pipe line they build to transport the minerals from land to the ship. It is ugly as hell. In short, if you want to pay $600 night and if you don't mind waking up to an ugly pipeline, rusted ship with tons of smog and dust from the trucks, this is a great place to stay. I spoke to some Thai's (yes I am gay but I speak Thai), they told me that the ship, pipeline will be there for at least another 36 months. The Ritz looks great from the sea but the view of the ocean from the ritz is really ugly, in fact we checked out early as it was too ugly. I feel really bad for the Thai's who work there (who cares about the falang who work there, they were rude anyways). as they really made an effort. Nice property with an ugly view should be the def of this Ritz. Don't go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand