From the moment we arrived at the Phulay Bay, we were amazed with every detail of the reserve. Incredible service. Spectacular architecture. Unforgettable landscaping. Perfect setting for romance and seclusion.
We consider ourselves simple folk but we were treated like royalty. When we arrived at the gate in our car, security was quick and friendly. We drove to the entrance where we were ushered in to the most amazing reception I have seen. Here we met our butler Judy who quickly transported us to our room. It was raining and Judy made sure that we stayed dry while sadly she got soaked.
Check in was done in the room where Judy proceeded to give us a full tour of our room; 15 large mirrors, 4 sky lights, separate shower room, separate rest room, walk in closets, high ceiling master bath, massive wooden and glass doors, private Japanese garden, private sala, private pool, private walled garden and another private walled outdoor area with outdoor bath. Jody informed us the mini bar was complimentary and covered a number of other services that were completely free of charge. She told us that if there was anything we else we needed that she was just a phone call away with a direct connection to her mobile. Some of the complimentary services were a free trip to Hong Island and Yoga on the beach. There were many more, but they were too numerous to remember.
At the end of our check in room tour, Jody told us about the baby elephant visit at the beachside bar at 6pm which we attended. After feeding the baby elephant and having some photos taken, Jody arranged an 8pm pickup service where she drove us directly to our car so we could drive off the resort for dinner nearby. While the resort has numerous onsite dining options we decided to visit Paddy's Bar and Grill. Jody was also kind enough to stop numerous times along the way to reception so we could take photos.
We met the Resident Manager Marta while taking photos. Marta was happy to answer our numerous questions and hear us go on and on about how much we enjoyed our stay thus far. We then drove off for Paddy's and after a delicious and very affordable meal we returned to Phulay Bay where Jody whisked us off to our room upon arrival. The rest of the evening was spent getting lost in the numerous wonderful spots in and outside our room.
Breakfast was delicious. The Executive Chef stopped by each table to ask us about our meal and how we found our stay. He mentioned how he liked walking through the trails higher up in the resort because most guests prefer to walk near the beach. He also said the spa was a must see, so we took his advice and did both. Every corner of every walking path at this reserve is masterfully landscaped. If our time wasn't limited, I'm sure we would have walked every path.
The ladyies at the spa were also kind enough to give us a full tour of the spa. Even though we did not have a spa treatment, it looked amazing. If only money grew on trees we would have ordered every option.
Overall, I am happy to say I cannot find anything negative about the reserve or services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand