We have just got home after spending an amazing week at Phulay Bay and wish we were still there. After looking at multiple hotel options for our honeymoon we were recommended the Phulay Bay and boy do we think we chose well.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and were extremely well looked after by all the (many) staff - particularly our butler Kun Steve (thanks Steve!).
Our room was bigger than our house in London (we were fortunate enough to score an upgrade) and we had our own infinity pool looking out onto the bay. We felt like royalty for the whole week. Whoever the bathroom designer is for the Ritz needs a medal and we had what must be one of the largest beds in the world (no kidding).
We had one day trip scuba diving near Phi Phi and spent a morning out at the hotel's (semi) private Hong Island (which was fantastic in it's own right) - but the rest of the time we couldn't bring ourselves to leave the resort as we enjoyed it so much. Our holidays are usually action packed - either visiting tourist sites or mountain biking, hiking etc. However, we took the opportunity of our honeymoon to have a more relaxing pace.... and the poolside at Phulay Bay is just the place for it. Amazing scenery and great service.... from arranging the towels 'just so' in the poolside gazebo's to the complementary water, sunscreen and coconuts.
Okay, so there isn't a beach.... Hong Island more than makes up for it... and the pool then takes thing to a different level. If you're looking for a beachside hotel... there are plenty to choose from. Phulay has THE BEST pool I've ever seen... and you've still got the beach to look at. I'm generally a beach person... but had an absolute pleasure relaxing poolside.
We treated ourselves to a spa treatment too - and came out on cloud nine. My wife commented to the assistant manager Anuj that she loved the tea that was served... and he presented us with a bag of it on our departure. It's these small touches that really make a place stand out head and shoulders above the rest. We were also touched by the gestures during the week including daily evening treats on the bed and a lovely night where we came home to flowers, candles and a chilled bottle of wine wishing us happy honeymoon (nice touch Steve!).
People have commented here that the food is expensive... maybe. But we were only partially tempted to try elsewhere. The food is going to be more expensive than your average beach side restaurant - it's a Ritz people! We didn't find the food overly expensive - and especially not when considering what it was. We dined at each of the 3 restaurants and each meal was superb. The seafood grill was absolutely mind blowing. Maybe some people's expectations are unrealistic.... or maybe the Ritz has upped it's game. Whatever, we thought that the food was fantastic and we've dined in many high end restaurants around the globe.
I would definitely recommend making the most of the sunset bar and the Thai Mojitos - my favourite was the Lemoninga - really flavoursome and with a bit of kick to it. Each night was a spectacular sunset and we were even treated to a baby elephant on one of the evenings and complementary cocktails for the whole resort on the Thursday night.
We also enjoyed meeting the various people staying there and met some very interesting characters - a bunch of Canadian jet setters in the middle of their 22 day round the world trip, some fellow honeymooners from America and a English expat and his wife. Everyone staying at the hotel was friendly and welcoming - although it was a bit hard at times starting conversation with the Korean honeymooners in between their picture taking and due to language differences.... but they all looked as though they were enjoying their time as much as we were!
All in all - we are very glad that we decided to treat ourselves to a Ritz Honeymoon and Phulay Bay and all the staff have provided us with a magic memory for us to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Marriott, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand