- Location is very scenic, facing Phang Nga bay. Very scenic and convenient for visit to Ko Hong, eventhough there is no beach to swim to. Careful though, there is nothing around, so you're stuck with the hotel.
- Some areas of the resort architecture are memorable (entry pavilion, spa). Some are horrible. A strange mix In between Aladdin's house and Dubai...
- Service is absolutely not to the standards you would expect from a 5 stars which costs between 450-800 euros per room: butler was intrusive, giving false information, and not helpful (was not made aware that it was possible to have buggy pick up and drop off), pool staff was unhelpful (had to walk to them several times to order, or get serviced), ...
- Some areas are dodgy and not walking-friendly (some path had moving stones which made walking at night hazardous).
- In general, the resort is surprisingly in bad conditions for being only 5 or 6 years old (paint peeling, signage falling apart, broken walls,...)
- Everything is priced like the fancier spots in Europe.
Phulay Bay is priced like Aman resort, or Alila Villas in Bali, for a service of a mediocre chain branded 5 stars. You are entitled to expect excellency in service, and they are far from it, as it is pretentious and unfriendly.
I do not recommend Phulay Bay. Save your money for other resorts in Thailand which are more worth it (in the area, go for the Nakamanda a little bit south).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand