Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've been in Krabi for 3 days, and wanted to visit the Phulay Bay.
On the first evening, I really wanted to have a drink somewhere. So my girlfriend and I chose the Phulay Bay, we did not get disappoint.

The overall look of the hotel is amazing ! Even the buggy drive from the reception to the Sunset Bar is something I really enjoyed !
We went to the sunset bar, and stayed here for a long time, listening to the good music and enjoying life. We even came back on the next day, earlier to admire the sun setting. The service was impeccable, nothing to say. The overall staff has an excellent english level which is highly appreciated.
Special thanks to : Deaw, at the sunset bar, who knew how to take care of us, and I thank him for his outstanding service !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RCPL

Reviewed 6 August 2014

From the minute you arrive you know you are going to have an amazing stay....... The greeting on arrival, the fact you "check in" in your room with your butler makes it all so easy and stress free.

We stayed in a Reserve Pavilion room and was not disappointed it was breathtaking, it had a generous outside seating area to the front and side, biggest bed I have EVER had the pleasure in sleeping in, amazing indoor bathroom area and walk in wardrobe plus an outside bathroom!

The pool area where we spent most of our days was stunning, an abundance of sun loungers and on arrival each day the wonderful staff would set up your beds with beach towels offer you a cold towel to cool down along with complimentary water and sun cream. My husband and I loved all the staff at the pool and the swim up bar they were all very attentive and great fun!

Our butler (Aom) was lovely also and she looked after all the little things for us so we really did have nothing to do but relax, enjoy the view and sip our cocktails. She booked all our meals at the restaurants, arranged for our complimentary long boat trip to Hong Island, organised our transfer to the airport on departure and much much more.......

This hotel is very secluded and the 2 nights / 3 days was just enough. Whilst the experience is not a cheap one I would highly recommend it and for us was the icing on the cake to a fantastic 2 week trip to Thailand.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our first stop of our andaman avdentures holiday was at this very enchanting resort. The moment you step into the gates of this resort, you know you are in for a very special treat. It is very quiet and very serene. Almost surreal. The rooms are drop dead gorgeous and just jaw dropping beautiful. The food here is of the highest quality (although not cheap). At night, this resort looks amazing and very enchanting. Proper dreamland stuff this.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Phulay Bay was the most relaxing and beautifully charming place we have ever had the pleasure of staying at. Where do I begin? The staff are unbelievably attentive and make it very clear from your arrival that they are there to ensure you have everything you need. The arrival area is spectacularly grand and sets the tone for the resort that lies behind it. We stayed in the Royal Pool Villa, No.29 and we were blown away when our personal butler lead us in to the villa. The design is very grand and of a very high standard. We also had THE biggest bed I have ever laid eyes on!

Our butlers name was JB and she was very attentive. She was available 24/7 for us. At the drop of a hat JB would be waiting outside our villa in her golf buggy to drive us around the resort to wherever we wanted to go. Her service was fantastic, always reminding us of any special offers at the spa and providing info on which restaurants to go to. We even lost our passports in a hire car and JB arranged to bring them back to our hotel with very little stress caused. A friendly, welcoming service all round.

The staff in the bar and restaurants provide only what can be described as a superior service compared with any other luxury resorts I have stayed in. You are waited on hand and foot, ensuring that all there is left to do is worry about relaxing! Marchello was one of the staff who provided a very friendly, professional and welcoming service for us.

We went to the spa not once but twice, it was so good! We had the "couples treatment room" which was fantastic and every bit as luxurious as the whole resort. The staff in the spa were very friendly and professional. This was the best spa experience I have encountered.

We tried all three restaurants within the resort, and all were top class well presented food. I particularly enjoyed the Thai food and the International restaurant.

The scenery around the resort is stunning, you can see some beautiful islands out at sea from the bar and from the pool. We had the pleasure of having this fantastic view from our villa too. A perfect resort for watching the sunset.

We have zero complaints about Phulay Bay and found it very difficult to leave! We will most certainly be returning and I would recommend the resort to anyone looking for a first class holiday experience.

2  Thank Miss_Chisholm
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights and had booked ourselves into a Ocean Pavillion (Pavillion 57). First time in Krabi and what a fantastic welcome!
We arrived by taxi from the airport in the evening and it was clear that the staff were expecting our arrival. The taxi was easy to get from the airport and cost us 800BHT. We were greeted by name and there was a refreshing welcome drink upon arrival.
The entrance to the reserve is very grand and we took a few minutes to admire the surroundings.

Each guest is allocated a butler and ours was the very friendly and helpful, Tanya. We were taken to our room by golf buggy and Tanya kindly showed us around the room and amenities before leaving us to unwind. The bed is the largest we have ever seen - like two king beds put together. You can sleep the long way or the shorter way and it is super comfortable!!

As we were visiting Krabi during their off peak season, they had most of the restaurants closed for refurbishment. However, they did make 2 menus available each evening at the restaurant.
The food was very good but the wine us super expensive.
The buffet breakfast was extensive with both western and local cuisine available, plenty of fresh fruit and juices and lovely friendly staff to greet you daily.

We didn't use the ESPA but there is a large gym, open 24 hours a day and has lots of modern equipment. The whole reserve also has free wifi which never lost connection.

We were lucky to have lots of sun every day and very little rain - considering it was the rainy season. The weather was a little unpredictable though, because of the winds and we were unable to plan our trip to Hong Island during our stay there. We either had other plans, or the boat was not running on the days we were free, because the waters were too choppy.
The pool is very nice and large and surrounded by greenscape and a bar/restaurant..The beach is not worth going to but when you have all that other water available, it is no great loss. There are several cabanas around the pool which we spent alot of time relaxing on. Every now and again the staff would bring over some cooling watermelon or a freshly cut coconut. Delightful!

After 5 nights, we asked Tanya for a possible upgrade, just because we wanted to see what the villas were like. She kindly spoke to management and we were upgraded the next day to a Reserve Pool Villa (Villa 28). The villa is twice the size of the pavillion and as the name says, you get your own pool!!

We also asked Tanya to help us book some excursions - kayaking, rock climbing, trips to Ao Nang and Krabi town and the service for all were seamless. All we had to do was be ready for the taxi when Tanya came to collect us from our room.

This place is ultimate 5 star luxury and you will surely be spoilt and treated like royalty.
I would definitely recommend for a luxury break for a few days. The only 'bad' thing (and I use this term very lightly) is that the location of the reserve is very remote. So if you get tired of the hotel menus, you will have a 25 min taxi ride to venture out to other places.
It was our first time at a Ritz Carlton property and after this experience, it won't be our last!
Well done to all the team at Phulay Bay!! You have set the standards very high!

2  Thank dimples2710RT
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having stayed at the Phulay before, this time I was looking forward to returning with my 2.5 year old daughter and husband for a family holiday. Our stay was simply perfection, staff were always helpful and readily available. Our expectations were excedeed, Grounds, facilities including the spa was amazing, I struggle to think of another resort in Krabi that can compare with the Phulay having stayed at a few others. If you're in Krabi, the phulay is the only choice.

Food was top notch if you decide to eat at the hotel restaurants. After the first night, we dined at Ao nang. Breakfast buffet was also plentiful.

We booked a pavillion villa. Upon arrival, I requested for closer villa to the pool for the convenience of my child. The Director of rooms - Gorge, was ever so helpful to respond promptly and we were moved within the next few hours. Also, when there was a slight issue with electricity in our room, again Goerge was on hand to fix the problem within the day. Service was amazing.

As we were celebrating mine and my husband's birthdays, the hotel provided us with a special surprise of a cake in our rooms. Such a nice and special touch for our celebration.

We had a wonderful time and whilst this was not out first time at Phulay, it was on this occasion that our expectations were exceeded with the level of attention to detail and service provided. Our butler Tanya was always so accomodating with our request. We are already planning our next trip.

Stay here, you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently had my destination wedding at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve and it was... magical!

Choosing Phulay Bay as our wedding venue was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone planning their wedding, romantic getaways, family holidays, retreat, you name it.

The resort itself is "incredibly" beautiful, it is spacious, tastefully designed, amazing luxurious villas, gorgeous natural views (everywhere), beautiful landscape, lush gardens, big infinity pool, fabulous restaurants... simply put you can take photos of every corner of this resort - it is that gorgeous.. we got upgraded to Royal Beach Villa and we felt like royalties.. The villa has a private outdoor pool overlooking the Andaman sea it was breathtaking!

The service is just another level, each villa has a dedicated Butler and they are not regular butlers, they are like your best friends and will always be there when you need them.. anytime! The team in the restaurants are really great (really..) and very attentive, the culinary offerings are super creative and fresh.

My wedding day was so special it was almost like a fairy tale. My wedding planner, Khun Nantisa Wangji (Ying) was with me all the way since the day I contacted Phulay Bay to plan my wedding. She worked so hard to understand my needs and she looked after me and my family as if she's organising her sister's wedding. Khun Tip from Sales team who walked with me all the way from my villa to the beach and didn't stop whispering to my ears "You are the most beautiful bride on earth, it's going to be an amazing wedding..." just to wash away my stress before I walk down the aisle (who does that?)... The Food & Beverage team lead by Khun Anuj, I can't even describe how amazing they are, the day I had my first meeting with the team, I knew that my wedding would be a perfect one, so many details were anticipated, the event was very well executed and everyone from the team assisted our guests amazingly.

The food was sensational (Thanks to Executive Chef Gaetan and crew), we had family style Thai dinner and all our guests are still raving about how great the food was. The presentation, the service and the creations of that dinner... amazing!

My lovely butler friend, Khun Yid, never loses a smile, he is so kind and genuine the world is a better place if we have more people like him.

I must agree with many other reviewers , Phulay Bay is a magical place. The team knows how to create a wonderful memory. I would definately return to Phulay Bay whenever I have the chance especially for special occasions, it is hard to forget this place and the people there.

Thank You SO much Phulay Bay and all the team there.. it was one hell of a memory!

With love,
The Olsen's

Room Tip: The seaview villas are so worth it!