My partner and I had recently gone to the Ritz Carlton reserve in Krabi for a two nights weekend getaway. As what the previous visitors has commented abt the resort, its exotic, nice landscaping, beautiful sea view, thai+moroccan designed villa. We had truly enjoy our private & quality time over there and hopefully some of the tips and comments are helpful:
1.the view by the pool is breathtaking, you can laze around by the sundeck for the whole afternoon just to enjoy the quiet time and the view.
2.pool attendants are friendly and attentive, bottle of ice cold mineral water and cold towel will be given to you right away once you park yourself down there. And a refreshing complimentary coconut will be given to you too.
3.Ice lemon grass tea is awesome! thick and refreshing
4.we were upgraded to the sea facing royal pool villa, the villa is huge!! you might get lost in the room or play hide and seek in the bathroom. The pool and your bed is facing directly to the sea. breathtaking!
5.the huge sunken bathe tub with sea view is really romantic.
6.the villa itself is very well hidden, you get lots of privacy.
7.the pool is deep and long and swimmable!! and remember to enjoy the jacuzzi too!
8.the resort entrance is very dramatic, the thai temple alike pavilion which seated in the middle of still water is interesting, and surrounded by 2000 plus candles...isnt it dramatic and cooooooool...a must go place at night. * but somehow after a while with the new age background music which makes the whole place eerie. but still cool
9.the bar lounge is must go chill out place in the evening around 6pm. The sun will set down right in front of you at your comfort of day bed chair. Very romantic and very cozy with sea breeze.
10.I must say the quality of food in ritz reserve is the best we have ever tried among the other 5 stars resorts. Both western seafood grill and thai food is absolutely yummilicious!!! Top quality!
11.The bread is served warm and fresh, accompanied by the baked garlic and mashed olive in olive oil. Very appetizing and duper delicious.
12.Mango with home made pancake is a must to order during breakfast!!
13. The mango with kaffir lime jam superb!!! beautifully created by the chef and it tastes unique and fresh!
14, A big thank you to our hardworking butler Ken, the pretty and friendly Session from the restaurant and of course the fun loving pool attendance Pow, Chan and Karen! U guys are the best!
As both of us are from top service line management and had a few yrs of hotel experiences. Pardon us if things start to get a bit picky if u are talking abt Ritz standard and this price u are paying for.
1.be careful when you reserve your villa and rooms if you like lots of privacy cos not all room comes had full sea view. and not all villas have full privacy cos some villas are besides the bridges and roads..everyone can see you in your pool and balcony.
2.Quite disappointed with the turn down amenities, only a small book mark stand is given. *unsure whether it can be used as a book mark. Unlike the other villa we stayed they gave sweet treat and tea in the evening which changes daily too
3.No welcome fruits are given in the room
4.toiletry in the bathroom is very normal if compared to other 5-6 star resorts, expect a little bit more from Ritz reserve. The best we had from other resorts are like His and Hers amenities incl shower gel shampoo and lotion, body scrub, face scrub, mask, refreshing mist, sun tanning lotion, lip balm. *yes all from the same villa in Bali! I guess its not too much to ask from a villa which cost you $US1000++ per night.
4.1 the lotion is not smooth, it is very difficult to spread it evenly on your body. It just become dry and rough.
5. Insect repellent should be offered to guest who dined outdoor.
6.tripped and fell down at Lae lay seafood grill restaurant with bruises on the knee. Its a bad fall but did not injured badly like spraining the ankle. There are two steps from the restaurant to the outdoor dining place, as the lighting at the door way was too dark and the two steps are of the same dark colour. Your vision at night would see the two steps as one, pls be extra careful, esp the elderly. *met the GM the next day but she did not seem to know or care what happened to me or maybe she is the only one in the hotel who is unaware of the accident.????
7.it gets very dark outside the villa, the butler who shows you the way has to bring a torch light to lead your way. Not much night lighting system at night
8.toilet light in villa 31 connection did not work properly during the stay, it turned on and off by itself every 3 minutes. Its gets irritated when the light is off when u are using the toilet half way. ANd its gets even more frustrated when you are sleeping even the toilet door is closed. Had informed the engineer twice and prob still did not fix.
9. The reception of the satellite tv channel is poor. Most of the channels are fuzzy. Informed the hotel and the screen is still unclear.
10, we are welcomed by the thai traditional snack-myan kum which you have to wrap all the thai ingredients in a leave with the special sauce. It is a special and nice gesture but we guess it is too tasty already that it has already first tasted by the ants. *even the whole plate is all wrapped up.
We hope the above tips and comments are helpful to those who is interested in Ritz Reserve Krabi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand