Phulay Bay is a treat for the senses. The second you enter the compounds of the resort, you are welcomed by a quite a spectacular visual feast. From the rich unusual colors to the unique blend of architecture borrowed from various corners of the world, the resort is truly a welcome addition to the region. Without waxing lyrical over the exact same points as many others have, I shall merely summarise the highlights of my four days there:
a. The resort pavillion 'room' - for those of you who will be visiting soon & have booked this room, do not fret that this may be a poorer cousin to the rest. I was fortunate enough to be shown all the rooms (since this month is a less busy season). And frankly, other than the royal villas which are truly outstanding, the resort pavillion is a wonderful, wonderful space. You WILL be impressed with the 3meter bed, the exquisite outdoor bath (flanked by palm trees, which have been arranged for your viewing pleasure, while you soak) and the sheer beauty of the verdant landscape just outside your colossal doors.
b. The impeccable service - I had the pleasure of having Tanya (whom someone else has already mentioned, I believe) as a butler-ess. She is quite possibly the most obliging service staff on earth! Overall, everyone was excellent.
c. The food - We sampled all the menus from all 3 dining venues, as well as room service which we ordered on the first night of the stay as it was storming. Everything we ordered was flavorful & we look forward to being able to try the international restaurant's (Jampoon) menu in the near future as it is currently being refurbished. Also, we were impressed by the breakfast spread. All too often a good hotel fails to deliver on the breakfast end. Fortunately, this is not the case here. The fact that they have a good pastry chef is obvious when you take a bite of the croissant and pain au chocolat on offer. In spite of the humidity (which usually destroys otherwise decent pastry), it is still a pleasure.
Three very good reasons to stay here, wouldn't you agree?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Marriott, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand