We stayed at the Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort for a week on our honeymoon in May 2013. We loved our stay at this hotel. We stayed in a beachside villa and the room was amazing. Just open your curtains and you are overlooking the beach and the Hong Islands. The room was massive and had everything you would expect for the price.
As previous reviewers have said the hotel is a fairly long way out of town. We hired a motorbike from the hotel and used that to ride to Klong Muang where there were loads of restaurants, shops, Thai Massage parlours and a few pubs. (If you are not confident enough to ride a motorbike you will need to pay for a taxi to and from which starts to get pricey).
We went on 2 tours booked through the hotel and were picked up by van/ car both times. We also booked a tour to Hong Island from a long boat driver parked out the front of the hotel (highly recommend this!!!).
The staff at the hotel were friendly. We had a few issues during our stay- but nothing major (international TV would drop out every night at about 7pm which despite numerous phone calls was not resolved). Main issue was that the spa was closed for the low season which we were not informed of until we checked-in (not a huge issue as we had the bike but we feel as though we should have been informed of this before our arrival.
The hotel provides snorkeling equipment, kayaks and extra beach towels and the beach out the front of the hotel was clean and great to swim at.
I look forward to returning to this hotel in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refresh your body - Relax your Mind The 80 unit tropical style which fully facilities in stand alone bungalows and building with natural beautiful landscape look out over the pristine beach, crystal clear sea and against the backdrop of the mountains which shelters the resort and provides its unique privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort Krabi, Thailand