My wife, our two children and I stayed at the hotel for one week in late July and had big expectations to the hotel upon arrival. We have been in the area many times before where we have stayed at the Amari Vogue, which is not that far from Sofitel, so we had seen the hotel from the outside before. We wanted to try something new this time and Sofitel seemed like a good choice. The hotel is very beautiful and the rooms are very nice and comfortable. The pool was great and indeed very big. We were pleased with our stay there, but we have some minor objections about the hotel that I will mention.
First of all I don't understand why wi-fi at the room has to cost about 250 baht per day. I know that many other reviews of the hotel mentions this also, so i don't know why they just don't change this. We stayed at altogether four different hotels in Thailand during our holiday (all of them five star hotels) and Sofitel Krabi is the only where we had to pay for wi-fi at the room. Even the guesthouses provide their customers with free wi-fi!
The shuttle bus 'service' from the hotel and to Ao Nang (the closest town) was also quite expensive. 200 baht per adult per way and 100 baht for children. This meant that a trip to town for our small family would cost 1200 baht in total. The taxies which are parked just outside of the hotel will do the trip for 800 baht, so why choose the hotel service where you are restricted to a certain schedule? This kind of service is also normally free, it is just a 15 minute drive so there is no reason for the high price. We were disapointed with this.
Around the pool the service could be better. You are provide with towels that you pick-up yourselves, and you are also expected to clean up the towels after use. We saw several times that people left their towels on the pool beds and nobody came to pick them up. So sometimes it could be difficult to find a bed/chair to place your things. In addition to this the towels are old and could certainly need a replacement.
Moreover, with that big a pool and as a lot of the hotels guests are families with children the hotel should hire a life-guard that could overlook the pool area. We have seen this on many other hotels and it makes you feel safer.
All in all we had a nice stay, but we have stayed at other five star hotels where the service level is much higher. Next time we come to Krabi we will probably not stay at Sofitel again as we have tried better hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Booking.com, ACCOR, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel