Stayed here for 2 weeks over the festive period.
Booked a package deal with Thomson on an all inclusive deal. Unfortunately AI does not mean AI at this hotel.
The spirits are all local brand for AI customers. At one stage they ran out of the local rum at the main bar and the bar staff wouldn't serve us Bacardi or Captain Morgan. Fortunately their colleague saw sense and we got Bacardi. AI also stops at 23:00 so if you want a drink after that you have to pay.
It felt like customers who were paying separately for their drinks got a better service - cocktail presentation and queue jumping. The hotel needs to remember that AI customers have already paid for drinks/food and should get equal service!
Food was generally below standard for a hotel of this calibre carrying the Sofitel name. The AI customer only got a very limited menu in the Italian Restuarant compared to those paying. Again, AI customers have already paid so should get the same choice/menu. Add this to the local spirits, made us feel like second class citizens.
The local town (10 minute walk) or Ao Nang (£10 taxi or tuk tuk) were great alternatives for food and drink.
As others have stated, there is a problem with pool bed availability. Set your alarm for 6:30 if you want one. Even then the pool attendant may swipe it from you and give it to someone who has obviously dropped him a tip.
The beach was quite disappointing and under utilised. Pool bar was OK but generally takes ages to get served.
We did find a couple of good members of staff. The nurse was also great when the wife got an infection on one if her eye lids. No charge to see the nurse or for the anti inflammatory tablets.
The wife was also very happy with the spa treatments.
Overall wouldn't return to this hotel but would definitely return to Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel