Upon arrival, we were told that we had to pay 1500 thai baht per night if we wanted connecting rooms as we had booked 2 superior rooms via Agoda. Connecting rooms are only available for superior room and luxury room, according to the lady who served us. This information was not available on the website at all. So, we have to top up the difference for the luxury room if we want connecting rooms. It was like blackmail to us. With our luggage and 3 kids in toll, we were left with no choice but to top up the difference. The two rooms were the same size, same furniture, same layout and the only difference was an extra day bed in the luxury room.
The beach was in a terrible state. It's dirty and full of rocks, impossible to swim. We were the only souls there. No convenience store and the nearest restuarant ie. The Beach house, was only opened for dinner. For lunch, we walked to Sabai ba bar. Food at the hotel was too expensive. We paid 150 Thai Baht two-way taxi to have dinner at Bai Tong restaurant, opposite Beyond Resort. Food was excellent at Bai Tong.
No hotel shuttle to Ao nang and we had to pay 400 Thai Baht(after bargaining) to get to Ao Nang. Even though there were daily activities listed on the board, it never materialize for some reasons.
We booked the hotel for the kids' club. However, all the activities eg. batik painting, plaster doll painting, gel candle-making were all chargeable. In the end, we just let the kids play at the outdoor playground and some colouring, table-tennis game, table-soccer on their own.
Upon checking out, the staff claimed that we had consumed the mini-bar though we did not. Thankfully, the manager told the staff not to charge us. This would be our first and last time staying there. The location is too remote. If you want white powdery sandy beach, Sheraton is a better option. If you want accessibility and shopping, Holiday Inn hote is a better option for family with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Travelbag, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel