“Amazing stay”

Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was really happy with my stay there. It's an awesome place to go to for business or for personal purpose. The swimming pool is huge, it has a lovely beach and all the staff around is lovely.
I will certainly go back to Sofitel Krabi

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Imane F
ChristianSchlegel, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Imane F,

I am pleased you had a wonderful stay in our property.
Thank you for sharing your comments on your trip advisor.

We hope to see you back soon then.

Life is Magnifique in Krabi!

Best Regards,

Christian Schlegel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We spend 4 nights here,. Its nice experience indeed. The Property is at 20 minutes distance from main krabi town and Ao Nang beach. Swimming pool of the propeety has definitely added edge over other hotels of same category. Staffs are very cordial and we have been delighted immensly by their approach and service. Service is too good. Kids activity area is another useful facility one can avail who are visiting krabi with their kids and want to enjoy some romantic time with their partners. Soffitel offer thai itilian and indian food at
affordable pricing. So no need to have dinnar outside. Apart from this many activity carried out thruout the month. Soffitel is a wise choice to spend leaisure time with family at Krabi. You can enjoy water acitivity and soak in the private beach too.... its great experience and will visit definitely once again. Its lasting memory i carried after a checked out.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Soumik G

Dear Soumik G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. We will share your comments with the relevant staff members.

Please let me know when you will return, we will be happy to look after you here again.

Yours Sincerely,

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 July 2014

For my first trip to Thailand I decided to go to Krabi in order to enjoy a peaceful area, some friends of mine recommended the Sofitel and i was not disappointed. From my first steps in the lobby the warm welcome and the quality service of the accomodation staff made me feel very confortable at this moment i knew that i made the right choice. After a quick and efficient check in,i was escorted to a roomy and cosy room that had a beautiful view on the huge swimming pool of the hotel. Thanx to the considerate staff i spent a memorable stay and i'd like to thank each one of them for their kind thoughts and advices. Now it is my turn to recommend this hotel it is definitely a place to go, you will not regret it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Hood1207,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedbacks about your stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra .

It's with great pleasure that I read that you had a good time with us here as that is exactly what we are meant to do! We will share your comments to every single Sofitel ambassador.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Shepparton, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Let me start by saying that we were perfectly happy with our stay.
The service was lovely and the hotel still beautiful( if just a little tired)
We had dinner in the Thai Restaurant and it was delightful.
I allways judge the quality of a breakfast buffet by the quality of the pastries and these were outstanding.I know its only a small thing but the butter was at the perfect temperature.
As others have mentioned this hotel is for a quiet break and we didn't find this to be a problem.
The Hotel still has CRT televisions ,which is dissapointing ,however the management informed me these would be replaced in the upcoming makeover of the hotel.
Our 5 year old enjoyed the Kids club.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank martykatlillian
ChristianSchlegel, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab dear martykatlillian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read you have had a fabulous time with us at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort and you enjoyed our personalized service. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Replacement of televisions are in process as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for more memorable moments with us.

London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the hotel for 10 nights and have both said that it was absolutely fantastic. We were looking for a hotel which would keep us busy in terms of activities, offer very good service, was really comfortable to stay in and close enough to other places so that we could experience Thai life outside the hotel. We got all of this and more.

The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful, the rooms were a great size and always clean, the activities available meant that we were occupied either in the gym, playing golf, playing soccer with the hotel staff or scuba diving, and the pool was the largest that we have ever seen. Wifi was very good with upgrades available so that we could use Skype or video if we wanted to. The area is quiet although there are enough restaurants in the area with Kim Duarm, a local Thai restaurant owned by Mr Rot, really very good and welcoming - Mr Roat is a character.

It was a short taxi ride in to Ao Nang where the evenings are a little livelier than closer to the hotel. We hired a tax for a day and visited Krabi town and other local attractions. Railay Beach and Phi Phi Islands are also not far away and are accessible for either the day or an overnight stay.

We scuba dived one day and found that the local dive company was really good and looked after us very well advising as to the best day to dive and again on the boat during the day.

I do not often say it but we would definitely go back and stay at the Sofitel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CityLondon

Dear CityLondon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our hotel.

It's with great pleasure that I read that you had "fantastic" moments with us here as that is exactly what we are meant to do!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon with your son.

Your sincerely,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 July 2014

i had some unpleasant experiences when accommodated in this hotel.
1. in the late evening of June 30, i found there is not enough toothpaste in the bathroom, then i called room service for the toothpaste, but they brought me two plates and advised that they would come back in awhile, but i've been waiting for long time finally i got down to the hotel lobby for asking a customer service staff for the toothpaste, then i went back to room to wait and prepare for a shower, but i was already in the shower, but the staff kept knocking the door made me embarrassing to got tower to cover my body to open the door for her to giving me the toothpaste. What a bad experience.
2. i needed to catch the flight departure time at 1:15pm from Krabi Airport and before the night i asked for arrangement of a taxi for me at hotel entrance to send me to the airport. In order not to miss the flight, i got to the reception to check out about 10:45am so that i could finish up the check out process and got on the taxi by 11:00am and could arrive the Krabi airport at around noon. However, when i approached to the reception, one of the front desk staff was dealing with a guest already and had been taking a long time. I was expressing my need to check out, but as there was only one front desk staff, i was ignored and kept waiting for a long time to be served. I have expressed my need to that only one front desk staff for my need, but she was keep serving the other guest, i was frustrating as i don't want to miss the flight, I was finally served by another front desk staff after 20 minutes standing at the reception. I couldn't image what kind of customer services it was. Besides, i found that the taxi arrangement which i requested before the night was not done. I stood at the hotel entrance but there isn't any taxi waiting for me though i had made the request before night. Finally there is a hotel staff at the entrance helped me out to get a taxi, it was about 11:30am when i was leaving the hotel to airport. I have the query that how come there were only one front desk staff at the peak out of guest check out time (about noon), it was expected to have more than one front desk staff at that hours to helping room guests to check out efficiently and promptly. The other query was why the request for taxi arrangement that i had made before night was disregarded? Therefore, I guess I would not consider to choose Accor hotel group anymore in future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

3 Thank Billie D

Dear Billie D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us during April 2014.

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience did not match your expectations and you had some issues with housekeeping and check out process. We are working on ensuring this will not happen again in the future.

I do appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

#8 of 12 in Nong Thale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,358 reviews
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort

Been to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!