We stayed here in December 2009 for 10 nights, we returned to Krabi December 2010 for 12 nights and for a change booked the Sheraton (Krabi) - we arrived at the Sheraton, checked into our room and checked out again without staying a single night because compared to the Sofitel the Sheraton was a massive disappointment!
Upon leaving the Sheraton we got a car to the Sofitel and walked in without a reservation and the Sofitel staff could not have been happier to have us back and we couldn't have been happier to be back. They even upgraded us to an amazing suite!
This hotel is fantastic, the staff are faultless from the management to the maintenance crew. The entire grounds and buildings are beautiful. The rooms are fantastic, the size is perfect and the beds and pillows are the best!
They have all the little touches that make you feel welcome and appreciated. They have a private boat that runs daily out to Hong Island - there is no cost for the transfer, you just pay a small amount for park fees and a packed lunch the hotel arranges for you. To the best of my knowledge they are the only hotel in the area that does this and its a real treat.
The pool is magnificent, and we enjoyed many drinks and lunches at the swim up pool bar. There is a little coffee shop and the coffee is good (which is hard to find anywhere in Thailand). The breakfast buffet is great, and there is also an Italian and Thai for dinner. All of the eating options in the hotel are great and the staff can't do enough for you.
You are a short walk from five or six places to eat outside of the hotel as well as three of four massage places (a must in Thailand) and if you want something more there is a very small town Klong Muang which is a short drive away (about AU$3 in a Tuk Tuk). You are also only 15 minutes from Ao Nang and the hotel runs a regular shuttle service or just jump in a Tuk Tuk.
The Sofitel has a private beach area across the road which always has a staff member there for anything you need and it is lined with beach beds.
Both times we have stayed here the guests have been around 30 years old and up so your not in a hotel that is full of 20 somethings that want to drink and party all night so its very quiet and extremely civilized. Also, if you have kids there is a play centre for them and from chatting to people while we were there they said their kids loved it.
You can not get better then this hotel, it is a real treat and the perfect location to get away from everything and relax. Both my partner and I travel a great deal for work and have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world and no where has ever been better then this!
We can not recommend highly enough that you chose this hotel, and it gives better value then any other hotel in the area.
We'll be heading back here again in 2011!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel