We stayed here for 9 wonderful days and had a fantastic time despite torrential rain for the first couple of days. This is the only hotel/resort we know of where the General Manager (Michael Vogt) likes to greet all of the guests and then does daily rounds to chat about how everything is going. The fact that this is a smallish resort means that the staff really make an effort to get to know you and your likes/dislikes. We were greeted at breakfast each day after the first by name and with our 'usual' tea or coffee requirements. The staff were exceptionally good in the Thai restaurant (also where breakfast is served daily) and also the Italian restaurant on the beach front.
Our room (5405) was large, very well appointed both in terms of comfort and design with pleasant view from the terrace and very quiet. There was a basket of fruit and cakes on arrival, a large bathroom with separate shower and large bath-tub and turn down service with snack each evening.
Breakfast served in Thai restaurant from 6.30 to 10.30. Large choice, exceptional service with a smile (as everywhere else throughout the hotel). The local beach is shallow, safe and warm. In the hotel at various levels there are lots of water features and pools including various types of jacuzzis. Lots of large towels freely available. We mainly ate lunch and dinner at the two on-site restaurants, which are not particularly expensive. Thai pizza (large and recommended) costs about 340 baht. A glass of house shiraz about 180 baht. Iced water is free, including regular supplies left every day in the room. We went on a couple of excursions. The offers from the tour companies are in reception and the staff will arrange the details, and charge to the room if necessary. Local boatmen at the beach gave a more personal service to the local islands (1800 baht for two persons to 4 islands for as long as you want to stay). Hong island is fantastic and the genuine tropical oasis not to be missed. There is a shuttle to the local town Ao Nang which is free but you need to book a place early as there are only 12 seats in the bus. There you can buy the usual tea-shirts and have cheap beach-side massages. In summary the 8 nights we spent were restful but very pleasing. Visually the location is stunning (happy hour cocktails reclining on the beach watching the sunset). The staff are courteous and efficient but also friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand