“excellent Amari Vogue Resort Krabi”
Review of Amari Vogue Krabi

Amari Vogue Krabi
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Excellent hotel,
Splendid view,
nice, kind and friendly staff with a good sence of humor!

If you want to relax in a marvelous surrounding, go to this resort.

The food in Bellini's (Italian restaurant) is really good!
The swimming pools are the best, with a nice view over the ocean!
The rooms are big with an exclusive tastefull interior.
We loved to stay here....

We will come back!

Koen & Nancy
Den Bosch
The Netherlands

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank koenhoutappels
Write a ReviewReviews (2,555)

Reviewed 12 August 2008

I had chosen the Amari Vogue as a place for a complete relax and recuperation holiday. It met all my expectations and more.

I have a disability and so steps etc are always a challenge. I knew about the layout of the hotel before I booked and so the steps etc were no surprise. What was a most pleasant surprise was the effort that all the staff went to, to accommodate my needs. Including driving their car down to the beach to collect me at the end of my sun baking time and drive me back up to reception.

This is just one example of the care that this hotel offers. I too was delighted with all the little 'extras' like the ice-cream by the pool and cold towels etc every day. What was also 'special' was the high level of visibility of the entire management team. There was always a manager within cooee around the pool or the restaurants. Chef was in the restaurant at every meal service, talking to guests and making sure that the food was ok.

I used the Spa on most days and loved the ambiance and high level of skill shown by the massage therapist. The herbal teas before and after each session were most welcome.

My room was an excellent size and serviced thoroughly each day. The 'turn down' service each night also offered fresh towels and of course the complimentary desert.

I ate in each of the restaurants and also used room service. Some of the menu options were a little spicy for my taste but there were plenty of alternatives and the pricing was reasonable

So, in summary an excellent stay at a hotel where I would rate the service as top class, the accommodation is well appointed and well cared for.

Managers - if you read this thank you for your help and care during my stay I really appreciated all that you did for me

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank TinaSparkles1
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Our stay at the Amari Vogue will be remembered for 3M – Max, Martin and their Magic. The standard of service they have set should be benchmarked for other properties who want to be up there. Throughout our stay the genuine warmth exhibited by one and all at this hotel will stay with us. Martin is a great resource for things to do/see/eat in Krabi. The architecture and ambience of this hotel is as soul soothing as the aroma oil used in the rooms. We stayed at the ocean villa but will opt for rooms on the higher floors next time around. The ocean villas are too close to the common areas. Expected more privacy (exclusive?) and better sea views considering they are top of the line rooms. But that's the hardware configuration. All in all, this place is Nirvana on tubkaek beach

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wanderlust363
Reviewed 3 August 2008

From the moment my husband and I stepped into this beautiful hotel, we felt completely spoiled. Cold towels, refreshing drinks and a warm welcome were just a relaxing start to a delightful time at the Amari Vogue.

We stayed in a honeymoon room that was on the top floor, was beautifully decorated and had an amazing view, especially from the terazzo bath that took in the ocean view in complete privacy - heavenly!

The staff were always courteous and friendly and eager to help.

The food and drinks in the restaurants and bar were excellent, the included buffet breakfast was the best I've experienced.

There was a travel desk where they would help organise tours for us (we went to Hong Island for a half day tour and it was fantastic).

There was a DVD player in the room and reception had a wide variety of DVDs to choose from.

My husband went on a hike to the top of a mountain looking over all of Krabi, which he loved, while I had a 4.5 hour spa treatment at the Sivara Spa which was the ultimate indulgence.

I am so glad we chose the Amari Vogue for our romantic getaway and only wish we'd been able to stay longer!

I hope you guys get to No. 1 spot on tripadvisor, you certainly deserve it. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aussiebird_83
Reviewed 30 July 2008

What an amazing Hotel! From the moment we arrived we were treated like valued guests and this continued for our whole stay. The Room we had had a wonderful view of the pool areas and the Ocean with a lovely outdoor area with a day bed to lie on to watch the sunset.
The Pool areas were magnificent with three small separate pools and plenty of sunbeds for all guests. the service around the pool was excellent and not overly priced. During the day - staff came around with cold water and small ice creams and one day the girl from the Spa came around and gave ten minute massages. Fantastic!.
We ate in both restaurants and they were excellent. We loved the occasional presence of the Manager Max or Assistant Manager Martin who were always happy to answer any queries etc.
The Reception staff arranged a day trip in a long boat out to the Islands which punctually picked us up and dropped us back on the beach in front of the Hotel, a staff member waiting for us on our return with glasses of cold water and cold towels - just lovely.
Overall, a most outstanding place to holiday and we can recommend it highly.
Thanks for a great holiday Amari Vogue.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank jozo
Reviewed 30 July 2008

My college roommate and I finished up a long trek of Southeast Asia as the Amari Vogue in Krabi for 4 days. We got the 1000Bht transfer from the Krabi airport which was highly recommended. The driver had cooling jasmine clothes for us and refreshments.

When we arrived we were welcomed in to the beautiful lobby with a beautiful view of the Hong Islands. Our room was a standard deluxe room with soak tub and standing shower. It was very clean and turned down every night with an orchid and variety of after dinner sweet.

Our first day we relaxed by the beach which was better than the pool because there were some flies near the pool which was a little annoying. We did jump in the pool every once in a while and LOVED the recliners that are actually built into the pool! The lounge chairs were comfortable with sun umbrellas and the staff provided as many towels as we wanted. They came around with ice water, snacks and any drinks we requested. You could order food off a menu too, but we choose to have lunch at the Bellini Italian restaurant that is at the edge of the beach (amazing in the sunset).

The second day we went on a fabulous scuba and snorkeling trip to the Phi Phi islands organized through Amari Vogue with the Kon Tiki scuba shop. (3500Bht for the scuba, 2 1hour long dives, 1500Bht for the snorkel, 2 hour long snorkels) Kon Tiki was extremely well organized and such a fun and exciting dive! The manager of Amari Vogue said that he was a scuba diver and had researched a lot of the shops beforehand and picked Kon Tiki especially to work with.

We ate pretty much all meals at the hotel and loved the pizza with the lobster on it, the pad Thai at Lotus and the appetizer sampler at Lotus. I even specialized my order a few time and the chef was more than accommodating.

The staff was amazing throughout our entire visit, especially the spa girls who we had a facial and thai massage with (sooo relaxing!). They give you cool lemon grass tea when you first arrive and soothing chamomile tea before you leave.

The only slight minuses for people may be the many steps from the rooms to the pool and beach and remote location, but at the point in our trip we were ready for some serious relaxing.

My roommate and I agreed that when we actually do go on a honeymoon, our husbands are going to have a hard time beating our trip to Krabi and the Amari Vogue!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paestumgirl
Reviewed 28 July 2008

What a wonderful place to stay. The pool area will totally amaze you and the lowest pool is right on the beach. yes, they have a few around, all of them stunning. The spa is one of the best I have been to and dont forget to eat at the italian place at the bottom of the hotel, what a setting to enjoy while the sun is going down and you have great food.

The wildlife around there is fun. You can see all ranges when you walk to your room. We hated the mozzies but loved everything else. And the room was totally up to par with a great big bathtub, comfortable beds and free internet. Only thing about the hotel was that people that are elderly or unable to walk easily will not be happy there, it is up and down everywhere, from the breakfast room to the rooms to the pool. So stay away if you are not able to hike a bit. It is a bit puzzling since most people with the money to spend there will be a bit over their prime so they might have not just thought this out right. I sure got a work out. But everyone else, yes, please go, it is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
#4 of 12 in Nong Thale
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Amari Vogue Krabi? Share your experiences!