We stayed at the Amari Vogue from 26/7 to 3/8 and found the experience to be nothing short of fantastic. The property itself is in a beautiful part of the country, right on a nice quiet and reasonably isolated stretch of beach overlooking the Hong Islands and with a jungle behind it. The Hotel is superbly designed with classy landscaping and use of water features. The 4 pools are very nice, with beautiful views and relaxing spa jets built into them. There are plenty of sun beds set up around the pools and on the beach, which we had no trouble getting but may be more difficult if the hotel is full. We loved the thoughtful little treats that the staff brought to us whilst we were doing it tough around the pool. When first arriving at the pool we were brought iced water, which was regularly topped up during the day, then comes a small bowl of freshly made icecream which is a different flavour each day. In the afternoons the staff from the spa come around and give free 5 minute massages, followed by skewers of fruit.
Our room was on the 4th floor and had views of the Hong Islands, it was spacious and simple but very nice with a balcony with a sun bed. Each night when we returned from dinner there was a beautiful treat waiting for us to enjoy, a very nice touch.
During our stay we had the Hotel organise a long boat trip to the Hong Islands, which was great. The only complaint that we had was that the goggles & snorkel that the boat provided were of no use as they leaked heaps of water, so we were a bit annoyed that we couldn't do any snorkeling. We would suggest that you either take your own or maybe get the Hotel to organise. We were supposed to return to the Hotel by 1pm but the boat driver was in no hurry and we didn't get back until 3pm, so I suppose this made up a little for the goggles!
We also had the Hotel hire us a car on one of the days, at a cost of 1150THB, which we thought was reasonable as they dropped it at the Hotel for us. We then drove to the Tiger Temple and climbed the 1270 steep steps up the hill to the temple. This was extremely testing, but we were rewarded with a beautiful view of the countryside. We also went to Krabi Town and onto the shell cemetery near Ao Nang. It was no problem driving and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to have a look around.
Whilst the Hotel was remote we didn't feel isolated at all. The Hotel has a free shuttle to Ao Nang daily and during high season regular trips to Klong Muang, a small town approx 10 mins from the Hotel. Some of the restaurants offer a pick up service from the Hotel, which we utilised on one occasion. We had a very nice night at one of the local restaurants, The Beach House with some friends we met at Amari. We then walked down the road to a small Irish Pub called Paddy's and enjoyed a few refreshments, maybe a few to many! They offered a drop off service back to the Amari. We could also recommend The Terrace Restaurant in Klong Muang, which was definitely the pick of the two restaurants.
Basic supplies are available within walking distance (approx 400mtrs) at some small food stalls.
We couldn't recommend this Hotel highly enough, everything about it was simply superb especially the staff who could do enough for us, with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Priceline, Amari Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand