“Beautiful resort”
Review of Amari Vogue Krabi

Amari Vogue Krabi
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I stayed for 11 days over the new year period, coming from Koh Lanta we had been especially spoilt at the resort where we stayed however we were not disappointed with Amari Vogue. The resort is a smallish boutique resort however this is immaculately kept clean and the scenery and surroundings completely lush. The beach was lovely, view fantastic of the islands right opposite, the pool area rather small however this wasn't a negative, it kept in with the feel of the resort. The resort is quite far away from Ao Nang the main town however there are free shuttle services to the town. We weren't bothered about going into the main town only for NY, if you want a lovely peaceful quiet holiday on a fantastic resort in krabi then this is the one. The restaurant food was wonderful, the bellini restaurant on the beach was fantastic setting and the food incredible, also the lotus restaurant served amazing quality food. Staff were great and attentive always pleasant and polite, honestly have nothing bad to say about this resort, we would definitely go back

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IvoryChan
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear IvoryChan,

Thank you very much for taking the time and to share your experience. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the 11 days over the New Year period.

Your kind compliments have been passed on to my fellow Team Members. At Amari, special emphasis is placed on staff training and it is always rewarding when guests voice their appreciation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family stayed at this resort for a couple of days around the new year. We enjoyed the resort immensely. A playful multi-tiered pool and a quiet beach...both with views of the water and the wonderful rock formations in them. This is the best view I've ever had from a resort. Even though the hotel was full nothing felt over crowded. It was easy to find pool and beach chairs. The friendliness of the staff was great. It seems like the staff really enjoyed working at the resort and cared about the guests. I'm sure this is connected to the very personal attention of the general manager. The service in the two restaurants was slow...so if you have a New Yorker's attitude you will be annoyed. The place is quiet and away from it all -- so don't go here if you're expecting a lot of attractions and nightlife. (I recommend taking a long tail boat ride - which you can get right from the beach-- out to Hong Island. The natural beauty will amaze you. This is far better than expeditions out to Phi Phi Island which was jammed with tourists.) We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara E
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Sara E,

Thank you very much for your review. It was a great pleasure to have you and your family with us over New Year and we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Fantastic resort! When I first arrived, I was a little upset with the punctuality of the airport transfer service. However, as soon as I arrived at the resort, the service was over and above which truly amazed my wife and myself. The hotel staff were very friendly and the room was fantastic! It was away from the commercial area (Ao Nang) about 25-30 minutes, thus it was more quiet. The spa and massages were great too. Love the tranquility of this resort as it was located as well beside the national park. Would recommend to any couple looking for some serenity and luxury.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew T

Dear Andrew T,

Thank you very much for your review and to spend your holiday with us. It's a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologise if there was anything wrong with the airport pick up. Unfortunately we don't have further details to comment on this.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we do look forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed for 6 nights and had a great time the new years eve party was fun and we loved Lady Gaga. Food was good but service at times was lacking due to the language barrier but we found that talking slower and pointing seemed to work well enough.
The hotel is right on the beach with a lovely view of Hong island it's not the best beach I have seen but we had great fun chasing all the crabs when the tide was out.
We took a taxi in to Ao Nang about 20 minutes away well worth a visit very busy full of market stalls bars and restaurants but it was lovely going back to the peace and quiet of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear stanleycromo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay over New Year with us. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your 6 nights and especially the New Year's Eve party. We have to aoologise that service was a bit on the slow side on certain occasions over the festive period as the Tubkaak Beach was suddenly busier with more guests walking in than in other months and previous years.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we are looking forward to welcome you all back soon again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Wow. Such a beautiful place, such a wonderful resort. Everything was perfect. Included breakfast was amazing with huge variety of food, fruits, juices. Regular deluxe was big enough for family of 2 adults & 2 kids.
Copper pool elephants are remarkable and add special thai ambient athosphere at the resort.
Restaurant food for lunch & dinner was Ok, just a little overpriced vs outside resort nice restaurant. There are lot of long tail boats at the beach waiting to be hired for 4 hours interisland private tour (around $100 total). Nearest Ao Nang city is about 20 min away from Amari (15$ ride each way).
Highly recommend to all my clients & friends. Let me know if you have any specific "Q" or 2. I'll be happy to help

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank flyfromusaDOTcom
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear flyfromusaDOTcom,

Thank you very much for spending your family holidays with us here in Krabi. It's a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you or your clients to Amari Vogue Krabi soon again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here over New Year and had a great expereince. The small number of rooms combined with a motivated staff gives this resort a great ambiance. Excellent spa and film set beach setting further add to the overall feel of being somewhere very special. The management team lead by Michael Vogt are present but not obtrusive which means that it all swings along. They put on an outstanding New Year's Eve party with a fantastic range of food, and entertainment, some brought in from Bangkok, but mostly from the staff themselves. The staff involvement neatly encaptulates why this resort works so well. Throughout the week guests from other hotels along the beach were trying to come to the Vogue - they knew it was the best! For a get away from it all relax this is superb. Mike

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Mike T,

Thank you very much for staying with us over New Year. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the New Year's Eve Party.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a bit around Christmas. Let me caveat I did not book my own trip, so I don't know how much I paid for this part of my Thai experience, but let's just say if you're looking for a quiet, relaxing place, I extremely recommend this hotel.

The pluses:
1) First and foremost, the rooms are absolutely incredible. My bed was huge. My bathroom was to die for. I think I was lucky to have a room high up facing the beach....Could sit out on the balcony at 5 p.m. and was wonderful - absolutely gorgeous. Spotlessly clean. TV was nice and modern. Absolutely wonderful.

2) The beach. Visually stunning, simply beautiful. Not too big, but also not too crowded. You can take a long walk before the water gets really deep.

3) Food. Great. I ate soooo much during the holiday buffet, I wish I had a bottomless pit in my stomach I enjoyed it so much. I think I ate a good chunk of what the restaurants have to offer. Service was great too. Always got my much desired beers in a timely fashion. During days sometimes you get free ice cream given to you when lounging out in the sun, and little food gifts brought to your room. All delicious. Breakfast I think was somewhat standard fare in terms of size and variety, but all tasty.

4) Pool is not very big, and there won't be in-pool volleyball going on or anything, but it's gorgeous. And frankly big enough for me. Various spots in the pool you could like down on.

5) Staff. Very friendly, helpful. Management instills service ethic into staff. Met the hotel manager named MIchael - seems to definitely be in the right line of work. Genuinely nice, professional, wants all his guests to have the best trip possible.

The cons:
1) If you're in Thailand looking for a party, there really isn't a nearby option close to the hotel. So you'll likely be on site the whole time, and price of drinks etc at the hotel are naturally more expensive than in the city (it's not very expensive by any stretch, but certainly not as cheap as I came across in other areas).

So, if you are in Thailand for the weather, beach, and peace (as opposed to the nightlife), this hotel is surely for you. Highly highly recommended. A+++++++++

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Daniel C
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you very much for spending your Christmas Holidays with us. It's a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the resort and its facilities. Thanks for the great and valuable review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nong Thale
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
#3 of 12 in Nong Thale
Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Amari Vogue Krabi? Share your experiences!