We stayed 4 days and had a great time. From the moment we were picked up from the airport to when they dropped us back everything went well and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We stayed in a Kingsize room with a large balcony and jacuzzi! The room and bathroom were both good size, spotlesly clean and well appointed.
The whole hotel has a Thai inspired theme with nice garden areas, a carp pond and fountains dotted around a beautiful swimming pool. It's right on the beach, which varies from 10 to 100 yards deep depending on the tide. You can also hire boats on the beach to explore local islands (pay from 2,000 Baht to hire one).
We also ate in both restaurants, which were good value as was breakfast. Bellini is near the beach and serves good if not outstanding Italian fare whilst Lotus serves authentic Thai either local and hot or toned down if you can't take the heat. There's a small bar by the pool that does a good range of cocktails, which we took full advantage of.
If you want to escape for diiner, the local village 10 minutes drive away has number of good Thai and Indian restaurants as well as an Irish bar.
The drawbacks are nothing to do with how the hotel is managed. The pool isn't big with around 20 sunloungers. We overlapped with European half term so had to endure European habits of putting towels on sunbeds before trotting of for breakfast and hogging them all day. We didn't actually get to sit by the pool until our last day. We did find other spaces to lie out. But, if you're a serious swimmer of have energetic children the pool isn't adequate. The hotel told me they're not really oriented to children and I would agree. Okay for babies and under 3's happy to splash in the kids pool, but older kids would have to look to the beach.
So, if you're a couple or have a young baby and want a few days getting away from it all Amari Vogue is as good a choice as any, just beware of European holidays if you want to get a spot by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Amari Hotels, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand