2,697 results
All reviewsbellini restaurantbreeze spahong islandhappy hourthe general managersunset loungenational parkour honeymoondifferent levelsbedroom villaevery eveningprivate beachbeach fronttub kaek beachitalian foodrose petalslong tail
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We just enjoyed 10 nights at the Amari Vogue. I will comment on only a few aspects specifically, but think some may find it useful to contrast the Amari Vogue with the Tubkaak, which is the next but one hotel on the same beach! We stayed for a week at the Tubkaak three years ago and I reviewed it here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g3175953-d447359-r101028327-The_Tubkaak_Krabi_Boutique_Resort-Nong_Thale_Krabi_Town_Krabi_Province.html#REVIEWS

Specific comments re the Amari Vogue first:
1. In contrast to another recent review, we were very impressed with the musicians. The 1970s and 80s were "our era" and the live music was absolutely fine for the context (the woman's voice was great - though I suspect that pregnancy may mean she won't be there for a while quite soon).
2. The hotel site is on quite a steep hill, with about 85 steps from reception to beach. Fine if you are fit - less good with young kids and pushchairs! When we arrived (to our surprise) there were some 23 kids in the resort in the 56 rooms. It turned out it was the last couple of days of Singapore school holidays - and the ex-pat families duly disappeared, to be replaced by the more normal clientele of honeymooners and retirees. Just before we left a large group of Russians arrived (c.15), so I suspect that the ambience of the beach area changed again. Personally I wouldn't contemplate taking kids there. There is nothing for them to do - and it has the potential to ruin the holiday for others (though, to be fair, I found the children much less intrusive and/or better behaved than those we had previously encountered at the Tubkaak. Perhaps that is Singapore schoolkids compared to American ones?).
3. We had a Grand Deluxe room (2501). 2501, 2502, 2601 and 2602 are ground floor rooms and 2503, 2504, 2603, 2604 are first floor rooms. The 25 block is slightly nearer the beach, right opposite the spa and next to the small pools around the central pavilion. We found it very convenient being halfway down the slope.

Now to contrast some elements with our previous experience at The Tubkaak:
1. Room sizes. We did pay for the slightly larger room but saw inside the Deluxe as we left. The Grand Deluxe was perfectly-sized and well worth paying extra for, but even the Deluxe rooms were larger than the cramped rooms at the Tubkaak.
2. Beach environment. Same beach and more or less the same views. But the longtail boats leave from close to the Amari Vogue, which adds considerably to the interest on the beach. Also there is some variation in the shade available on the Amari Vogue beach - you can sit in full sun if you wish, or under umbrellas or trees of varying levels of shade. In contrast the Tubkaak beach is almost all in heavy shade - and they still have the ridiculously uncomfortable bags that look like giant washing gel sachets, whereas the Amari has a mix of conventional loungers and beach relaxers. Furthermore, whilst both beaches are very narrow at high tide (c.5m), the low tide scene at the Amari Vogue is much more pleasant with a large expanse of firm sand,compared to the muddier experience in front of the Tubkaak.
3. Restaurant locations. At the Tubkaak there was only one restaurant and one bar - both jammed together in a corner of the resort (note that they might possibly have another now as they have expanded since we stayed there in 2011). In contrast, at the Amari, the Italian was on the beachfront, the bar was set back on the far side of the pool from the beach and the Thai restaurant was at the top on the floor below the reception (outside tables - which we used almost every night). Our first thought was that the Thai should have been on the beach - but actually, after experiencing it for 10 days, I think the Amari layout is spot on! The Italian (which also serves a few Thai dishes at lunchtime) is perfect for a lunchtime snack and Chang to get out of the hottest time, and there will certainly be those who favour the Italian restaurant for a more romantic honeymoon experience after the happy hour cocktails watching the sunset. We ate our way through the Thai menu - which was very good (though arguably the Tubkaak might have a very narrow edge for Thai food). We had none of the problems of interference from the bar that had plagued us at the Tubkaak. The breakfast at the Lotus (Thai) restaurant is also excellent, especially if you are happy to mix your breakfast cuisines.
4. Wireless internet. Absolutely excellent thoughout the resort. We found nowhere it didn't work. That wasn't the case at the Tubkaak, though they may have upgraded since we stayed (though the shape of their site suggests to me that there would be some dead spots). Good enough for streaming video too - though that was a mixed blessing, with at least one guest in the habit of having inane conversations over breakfast with drunk friends back home.
5. Fitness centre. Not cutting edge at all - probably similar to the Tubkaak. Too hot really for such things but basic runners, rowers etc available for agoraphobic gym addicts who can't cope with a run along a beautiful beach!
6. Both the Tubkaak and the Amari Vogue are a decent 20+ mins distance from Ao Nang. This is a very good thing! However, it does mean that if you want to see something of Krabi (other than longtailing out to the islands) it is slightly more difficult to get about. We twice went into Ao Nang on the courtesy minibus - which worked very well indeed, though does need to be booked. Unlike when we stayed at the Tubkaak, you were not encouraged to go into Ao Nang because the hotel restaurant was full (because there are two - and plenty of room....though you need to book tables at the Italian in the evening - though I'm not sure why you would bother unless it was a full moon, as you can see nothing after 7pm). Ao Nang, incidentally, has nothing much to recommend it. It is a beach with hotels and lots of tat shops - and what might be politely described as a "mixed" clientele. We had completely forgotten visiting it 3 years ago. It does, however, have at least one excellent Thai restaurant at the back of the town (Bussaba).

Finally a word for the management and staff: Michael is particularly attentive without being obtrusive. Benjamin is very chatty and has some sort of unbelievable perma-smile. And the waiters and waitresses ALL do a great job (Wanna B and Pattenpong were particularly memorable). The fact that we hardly ever saw any of the other staff is a testament to the efficiency of the resort design and management.

If we come back again to Tubkaek Beach, it will be to stay at the Amari Vogue.

Room Tip: Go for a Grand Deluxe or a high floor deluxe. Some of the lower floor deluxe rooms are too close to the main Thai/breakfast restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank EE_on_the_road
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear EE_on_the_road,

Thank you very much for staying with us this time and to compare your stay at Amari Vogue with your stay at The Tubkaak. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again if you return to Krabi.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Krabi was our last stop in Thailand and what a brilliant choice we made with this hotel! After the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and Chiang Mai (which were incredible) finishing with this hotel for 8 days was just heaven! The hotel is clean, beautifully decorated, staff always pleasant and couldn't do enough for you. The location is bitter sweet - great that you're at the end of the beach so provides lots of privacy, but difficult to get anywhere. We hired a Scooter from the hotel (300 Baht per day) which was a godsend as allowed us to explore and travel into Ao Nang, and also Krabi (although wouldn't advise on a scooter!). The food at the hotel was lovely, great choice for breakfast and dinner, but the bike allowed us to venture into nearby towns for flexibility, and also meant we were able to experience the street food in Ao Nang which is a must! The hotel has a great choice of pools, and the gardens were beautiful, but the beach offers amazing views of The Hong Islands, as well as the white sand and blue sea. My favourite hotel during our stay, and cannot fault the service, food, location, or atmosphere the hotel offers. Don't look for another hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma R
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Gemma R,

Thank you very much for your review. Thank you for spending 8 days with us after visiting Bangkok and Chiang Mai. It's a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the resort and the service. We are very happy to share your feedback with the rest of the team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel is beautiful, it is very clean and has a lot of pools to enjoy. However, the beach is the place to be. it is soft white sand, the waters are shallow enough to just wade in for hours, and warm as well. It just very peaceful, and the surrounding rock formations are unreal. They change visually throughout the day as the sun shifts through the sky. The sunset.....just go see it, what can I say.
We had the private villa with soaking pool. The hoel says it is a "Jacuzzi", so I assumed that it was just that, a nice warm tub to soak with jet air pressure bubbles. Unfortunately, it is simply just a small soaking pool, not a Jacuzzi. It's a bit of a misrepresentation, as we were looking forward to a real Jacuzzi after an exhausting trip through Thailand. I'm not complaining, but Jacuzzi should mean Jacuzzi right? I wouldn't have booked that room if it were just a small soaking pool. But ok, enough of that.
The hotel is beautiful, but again, what it has going for it is not its own....it's the beach that makese this place.
First night, we didn't know any better, and we ate at the Italian restaurant to get a break from Thai food for a night. Wine was great, food was horrible. No need to explain in detail, it was just really bad. 3 glasses of wine helped us through that.
I respect artists, especially 2 people that put themselves out there to entertain. But, I'm sorry to say, the evening live music was a nuisance. They were not very good, the woman sang cheesy american songs from the 80's mostly off key, and they used a drum kit which gave it that extra cheese factor. They also used microphones, unnecessary for such an intimate area. Honestly, I would have rather heard the waves of the sea, the crickets, and if music was needed, then just something ambient or even Thai would have been nice. Again, I don't want to down the musicians, they just didn't match the setting, which made it very difficult to relax and enjoy. Needless to say, that was the only meal we ate at the hotel other than the breakfast. Breakfast was very good, nice coffee, great selection of just what you need.
Take the shuttle to Ao Nang and eat out there and experience the town. It's nice, a bit more hustling than I like, but it's good to get out and then go back and enjoy the peaceful hotel (unless there is live music going on).
There is also a closer very small town, about 200-300 baht taxi. Go there for some good food and pass some time with nice people. From the taxi on our way to the Amari Vogue we noticed an Indian/Nepalese restaurant and we knew we had to try it. The next night, we asked for a taxi to take us to Gajanana, next to the Sheraton. Best thing we did. Amazing menu of Indian food, good prices and a great experience. They have nice lounging pillows to lay/sit on and eat. Go there, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Esh H
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Esh H,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the resort, the location, the pools, the beach and the stunning sunsets.

Please accept our apologise about the experience you had in our Bellini restaurant which is quite unusual for our high standard in this restaurant. Anyway I have looked into the dishes you have eaten and taken it up with the chef to make sure that we improve in this area.

Regarding the allocation of your room: You had booked a Grand Deluxe Jacuzzi Room, which is a small standard room in the main building with a Jacuzzi on its balcony. The team upgraded your booking to a One Bedroom private Villa which is the highest room category in the resort and not the one you booked. Amari Vogue Krabi has five room categories, starting with a Deluxe Room, Grand Deluxe, Grand Deluxe Jacuzzi, Spa Suite and the One Bedroom Villa. The villa offers much more space and either a private plunge pool or a jacuzzi. This was a free upgrade to the One Bedroom Villa which offers much more space and value. I have to apologise if this has not been communicated during check-in.

At Amari Vogue Krabi, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standards at our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 9 nights and had a fantastic time. Myself and 2 male friends (I am female) were not the typical Amari Vogue clientele (lots of honeymooners) but the staff treated us spectacularly for the whole duration.
The location for us was ideal. It is around 20 mins from Ao nang (free shuttle twice a day or 500 baht taxi) which offered some night life and other restaurants. I would not say Ao Nang is a great place, you could be anywhere in the world on that strip but still offers variety. The hotel itself is located on a beach which is always very very quiet as it just serves around 4 hotels along it.

Breakfast was really enjoyable with the usual continental and Asian experience. Fresh waffles can be made to order as well as omelettes and eggs. This usually filled us up until lunch!

Happy Hour offers great value, amazing views and strong cocktails! At around 210 baht per cocktail, you can't really put a price on the incredible sunsets you get from the bar but it's the same price you would pay in town.

There are two restaurants; Bellini and Lotus. Bellini offers Italian food. As a vegetarian there were a few options but my friend's informed me their food was fantastic on both occasions. My favourite was Lotus which served Thai food and offered some incredible dishes. I am still craving the coconut bread they serve!

There are longboats on the beach which can take you to Railay, Chicken Island etc. We went to Railay for the morning and haggled and it was a really enjoyable experience! We also went to the jungle with an organised tour and also Phi Phi on an organised tour. Would strongly recommend both but can get for cheaper within Ao Nang. I did not try the spa in the hotel, but if you travel 2 mins down the beach, there are about 6 ladies who provide some excellent massages. I had a coconut oil full body massage lasting over an hour for 600 baht. The fact that you are on the beach overlooking some great views appealed a lot more than the hotel spa.

The staff bring fresh fruit and ice cream on hot days by the pool. My only warning would be that beds to go fairly quickly around the pool area.

To demonstrate how helpful the staff were, I was eaten alive by Mosquitos with around 18 bites which were causing me trouble. The staff at reception had a special cream (he even went to rub it on for me!) and then said I could keep it. Little things like this make a difference. I have since recommended the hotel to my parents and also some soon to be honeymooners. It's a little piece of paradise! If I didn't have my rule of not going to the same place twice, I would be back in a flash.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pea_chan
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear pea_chan,

Thank you very much for your review. It's a great pleasure to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind compliments have been passed on to my fellow Team Members. At Amari, special emphasis is placed on staff training and it is always rewarding when guests voice their appreciation.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Amari Vouge Krabi was our final destination on our three week honeymoon in Asia (Hong Kong, Da Nang and Krabi). After many days of shopping, visiting museums, sightseeing, travelling, etc. it was perfect to end our honeymoon with relaxing days at Amari Vouge Krabi. We had a fantastic time here, with romantic dinners at the superb resturants at the resort (both Thai and Italian food), longboats waiting for us at the beach to have exiting trips to beautiful nearby islands like Hong Island, Chicken island and also to less crowded islands were we could have romatic picnics with fantastic view. The staff was polite and very helpful, we had several trips to Nong Thale and also visited elephant tracking (exciting) near the resort. The breeze spa located at the resort was also very high standard and we loved the different types of massages here. All in all we could not wish for more, and we would love to come back to Amari Vouge Krabi in the future.Thank you for a great service during our stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aleksander B
AmariVogueKrabi, General Manager at Amari Vogue Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Aleksander B,

Thank you very much for your review. It's a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us in Krabi.