“Great service/rooms/pools, good value during low season”
Review of Amari Vogue Krabi

Amari Vogue Krabi
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Nong Thale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great service/rooms/pools, good value during low season”
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Short and sweet...we got a 3 nights for the price of 2 deal during this low season. We got the honeymoon deluxe suite, room #4401 (as many on TA suggested, thanks!). If you are staying in a suite or honeymoon suite, this is the room to get, no doubt. Awesome view from the balcony and perfect to watch the sunset sitting in the large jacuzzi there. There are steps as people mentioned to get to and from the beach, but if you are under the age of 70 it should not matter and you should not be leaving the pool/beach area often anyways. The variety of pools and places to sit and relax are a delight and the beach area itself is perfect for just chilling. They have great service with free snacks and water during the day and even a great happy hour around the pool. The spa service was very nice and a good value compared to western prices.

The location was perfect, close enough to Ao Nang if you want to go and you can catch a long tail from the beach front in the morning to go to Hong Islands. We stayed in another remote location (see my review on Nantra de Deluxe in Had Yao) and this is nothing like that...you feel isolated enough, but the shuttle or taxi ride to things outside the resort is cheap enough and quick.

Quick hits...take a long tail to Hong Islands...1500 to 1700 baht for 2 people, they have snorkel gear, leave at 9 am and don't be afraid to tell the driver to stop and stay at an island for many hours if you are happy there. Also, we ordered a box lunch from Amari for the trip, not the cheapest option, but a GREAT meal, with tons of food, desert, fruit, etc....walk down the beach a bit to the restaurant at the Tub Kaak Sun & beach resort for dinner, it changes up the meal a bit, is a bit cheaper than Amari and they were very friendly...free internet in the room if you get a free cable from the front desk, this worked out great...

3 Thank markbanshee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London,Kenya and all about
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in May and truly found it difficult to find fault with anything.Yes the pool is rather small and the hotel is 30mins from Ao Nang but it more than makes up for this with its superb service.We left the morning the previous reviewer was getting married and concur with all she wrote.And this is coming from three guys who had the impression they would be bored stiff away from all the nightlife.Certainly worth a wonderful holiday.A big thank you to all the staff ,from the ever attentive pool boys with cold Chang's and water,the staff at breakfast,the Chef and Manager and the staff down at the beachside restaurant.
Byron.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Byron78
Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2009

The Amari Vogue is truly in a league of its own because not only does it offer the perfect views, a wonderfully brilliant location, memorable and attentive staff, delicious food, fantastic value for money and everything else in between, they also offer you a holiday of a lifetime and one that my new husband and I will never forget!
Not only did we stay at Amari but we also got married there too and I could not have wished or dreamed for anything more perfect than how beautiful and smoothly our wedding day ran due to the attentive caring staff and directed by the wonderful Executive Chef Matthias (our wedding planner ) who also created our wedding cake that tasted like heaven on earth!

We are from Brisbane, Australia and have been together for 7 years so an ordinary wedding at home did not excite us so we decided to get married in Thailand. After exhaustive research I discovered the Amari and I knew immediately this is where we would say our “I do’s”. The Amari made it so easy. With the wonderful world of emails everything that I requested from flowers to tables settings was arranged – I think I must have been the most relaxed bride ever. We were spoilt rotten by the resort and they were as excited as us about the wedding and all played a part. We were able to integrate both a traditional Buddhist Ceremony and then continued to the beach for our Civil Ceremony that made for the most memorable moment of our lives and our families and friends. Not one detail was missed and I have never seen so many flowers in my life. Matthias (the Executive Head Chef and our SUPER WONDERFUL Wedding Planner) created the most delicious food and the most scrumptious cake I have ever eaten in my WHOLE life (and I have eaten a lot of cake!) I am still getting compliments from our guests on just how delicious our wedding dinner was (Full Buffet and White Chocolate Fountain!) Actually I’m still getting compliments from everyone for giving them the best holiday of their lives! For anyone who wants to get married in Thailand I STRONGLY recommend the Amari Vogue in Krabi as I truly believe your day will be as perfect, seamless and memorable as our own was. We were in the villa by the beach and it was spectacular but we also had many friends and family staying at the Amari too in all the different rooms and every room that I walked into was just as beautiful and accommodating as the next; I especially loved the artwork they used! We stayed for eight days and I broke down in tears as our plane left Krabi… never will I have such an experience until my return and myself, my husband and all our friends and family will forever hold the Amari and all the staff there closely to our hearts as they made our eight days unforgettable in the best possible way!

Aside from the most amazing wedding EVER and best time of our lives! I think the key to enjoying the resort is just to stop… stop worrying about all the little things in your life and just head down to Bellini (the restaurant on the beach front at Amari) order yourself a Pina Colada (Happy Hour is between 5.30pm – 6.30pm daily) and slip into the stunning pool or the warm waters of the Andaman sea and watch the sunset… at that point you will then realize that everything in your life really does not matter but that moment; this moment is pure and is perfect and wonderful! I cannot wait to be back in that moment!

I have added some of our beautiful photo’s from the wedding day taken by the wonderful and talented photographer Mas. You can see all his portfolios and services at www.phanumasphotography.com we highly recommend him and his beautiful assistant Sarah both of whom are not only talented in photography but wonderful people to be around! We also had Mas’s company do our videography and it is brilliant there is not one moment that he did not capture. I have only been married for two weeks and already I’ve watched our wedding DVD 5 times!!! And I cry each time! For our wedding legal’s we used Creative Events Asia (Natasha - www.creativeeventsasia.com) and between them and the wonderful assistance of Matthias at the resort we had the local Amphur (government official) attend our wedding so we were not legally married until we actually said “I do” on the beach – it was BRILLIANT! Creative Events Asia was perfect!

I could go on forever but I won’t. If you would like to ask me any questions about my wedding I’d be more than happy to respond as I can not promote Amari enough as my thanks to them for making our wedding day so perfect and holiday/ honeymoon for that matter!

I cannot wait until our return (Our 1 year wedding anniversary!)

Thank You Again Amari and special thanks to Matthias, Mas, Sarah and Natasha without all of you our day would not have been as perfect as it was!

Jacqui & Nick :o)

6 Thank new_to2_travelling
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We stayed three nights at the Amari Vogue Resort and have been impressed with the comfortable and spacious room (deluxe), beautiful garden and pool, the stunning beach and the friendliness and professionalism of the entire team. Congratulation to Max (General Manager) to maintain such a high level of service. When we first called the hotel to ask for some assistance in arranging the transportation from Phuket to Krabi, the Front Office assisted us by in a speedy and efficient way.The Pool Attendants where great, helping with towels, providing cold water and passing around complimentary refreshments during the day – truly 5-star! Breakfast was Delicious and so were the meals and drinks at the Italian restaurant. Overall, all Associates where extremely helpful (thanks for helping me to go online…) and friendly, from the Front Desk to the Room Maids, from the Restaurant Team to the Pool Attendants. If you look for a boutique resort in adbeautiful and quite setting, the Amari Vogue must be your first choice!

5 Thank AmupTucker
Bahrain
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Everything in the hotel is great. Seaviews, architecture of the whole resort, beach and red sunset, complimentary Internet, DVD rental free of charge, breakfasts... It is true that it is quite far from some facilities on a small bike you easily reach the village nearby where you can buy everything neccessary, go for massage, let have your laundry done. Hotel has a taxi service to Ao Nang every day afternoon free of charge. Plus Amari Vogue is located very close to a reserve where you can go for a nice track through a tropical forest (when the temperature allows). You can also rent a car, front desk personnel will manage to arrange for you one within an hour.
We both trully enjoyed. Just the size of the pool could be little bit bigger.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlenaBahrain
Chicago
Reviewed 29 April 2009

The hotel and grounds are great and we were impressed with the views from the rooms as well as the pool. It's a top notch hotel with great service. They really went out of the way for us including one day when we had hired a longtail to take us to a few beaches on the nearby islands. When it began raining on the ride back the hotel staff actually met us with umbrellas before we even got to the beach.

The only downside of the stay was that like other reviews have mentioned it is very secluded and there are no restaurants or pubs nearby if you want to get off the hotel grounds. We loved the nightlife and restaurants of Ao Nang and would definitely stay near that area if we were in Krabi again.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My wife had organised a trip for her & myself to Krabi. I left it all to her to decide and plan. However, I feel compelled to write a review in view and hope that it will assist others.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the reosrt driver Surin who immediately took our bags and brought us to the van. Surin gave us cold towels and different juices and loads of water which was chilled. Upon reaching the resort, we were greeted by Chumpol who made checkin in a pleasure. Once again cold towels were offered with some ice green tea. We were then taken to our room and what came to my mind was "OH MY GOD". The room was perfect and the view of hong Islands was breatkaking.
The hospitality of the entire staff cannot be explained by words. One has to experince it. Our trip by long tail To Hong Islands and Pakbia was good. When we came back, the staff greeted us with towels and ice water which was refreshing.
The food at the resort was delicious and we mostly had our lunch and dinner there. The daily breakfast had variety for everyone and everything was fresh.
I was truly amazed by many gestures of the staff but one that touched my heart was an incident one afternoon while I was waiting for my wife to finish her spa treatment,I was sitting around the resort and a staff comes up to me with cold towels. She came out of no where and I was truly shocked. In total I would have had about 30 cold towels offered to me for my 3 nites stay.
Not to mention the free ice cream, cakes and fruits left in our room daily.
I could go on and on about this resort as there are many little things that left a BIG impact on me. But before I thank the Amari Staff for their hospitality, I must more importantly thank my lovely wife for a perfect getaway.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort
Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Amari Vogue Krabi? Share your experiences!