I recently spent 12 days at this hotel with my wife and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to just relax and enjoy great food and service at one of the most beautiful locations in the world. The main draw of this hotel (for me) is its location on Tubkaek beach and the amazing views it has of the Hong Islands. The sunsets here are the most beautiful that I have seen anywhere in the world. Each day a band would setup by the pool in the evening and my favorite part of the day was sipping a cocktail from the infinity pool, listening to the music, and watching the sun set behind the Hong Islands. It was truly magical. Other highlights of the trip include both the food and service. The breakfast buffet in the mornings was very nice, eggs served any style you wanted them cooked in addition to a wide selection of other breakfast fare, all of it of very good quality. The dining experience at the Bellini restaurant was also excellent. The restaurant is right on the beach and the band plays at dinner and the Italian food was very good. We ate here every night and between the two of us sampled most of the menu and found the food to be delicious. We never ate at Lotus but did order off the Lotus menu one night while dining at the Bellini and the Thai meal that we were served was also very good. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and hospitable. Everything was done with a smile and the waitstaff at the restaurants were some of the nicest people I have ever met. The front desk assisted us for anything we wanted (arrange car service, pack a lunch for a day trip, etc.) and the management was always visible around the hotel if you had a problem that you needed addressed (which we did not). The only thing I would say I was slightly disappointed in was the actual room itself. It was a little smaller than I was expecting but it was clean and had a view from the balcony that more than made up for the lack of size. For anyone staying at the hotel I would definitely make sure that I requested a room on the top floor, particularly the honeymoon suites on the top floor of either tower, as the views of the ocean decline considerably as you move down in floors and the ground levels have no view at all.
Some comments I have regarding things I have read in other TA reviews:
- A number of people have complained about the stairs at this hotel. The hotel is on a hill and is set on a number of different levels that descend down to the beach so there are a lot of stairs. Personally I loved the design and layout of the hotel with the different levels which looks absolutely stunning at night when it is all lit up so I did not mind the stairs, but there are a number of stairs so it may not be the best hotel for older people.
-The hotel is secluded and is a 20 minute ride from Ao Nang. This is documented in numerous places on this website and others so anybody who was surprised that the hotel is on a secluded beach did not research their trip very well. I did not find the hotels remoteness to be a problem as the front desk could always on very short notice arrange for a car to take us to Ao Nang for about $15 USD. Personally the hotels distance from Ao Nang was one of the positives for me. I found Ao Nang to be very dirty and touristy and I did not like it at all. The main road along the beach in Ao Nang stunk of garbage when we walked along it. We also went to the Seafood Row for dinner which is supposed to be one of the main attractions in Ao Nang. All of the restaurants had the fish on display on ice in front of the restaurants and everything was covered in flies. We were totally disgusted and went back to the nice, clean and hygienic restaurant in the resort for dinner. The Amari is set on a beautiful undeveloped beach with only a few other resorts. If you prefer a touristy area to quiet, tranquil beauty then it is not the place for you.
-A number of people have complained that the Amari is not a true 5-star resort. I agree it is not a true 5-star resort, but true 5-star resorts start at a minimum of $500 USD a night. Our honeymoon suite was $215 USD a night and I thought for the money that the hotel was a great value. The room may not have been 5-star but the location, food, and service were certainly close to it. Anyone who was spending just $215 USD a night and was expecting the accommodations to compare to the St. Regis or another 5-star property was not being very realistic. If you keep that in mind when booking I think you will be quite happy, I know I was. Overall its a great resort and I hope to go back someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Amari Hotels, Travelbag, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand