“Bed Bugs!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Marion B&B and Inns
Rolla, Missouri
“Bed Bugs!”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Upon first entering our room, it seemed to be fairly clean and presentable. This was the first overnight stop for my mom and I. We woke up the next morning surrounded by bed bugs! We found bites from the bugs and worried that they had also made it into our luggage, which meant that we had to place everything from our trip in dryers to kill any possible bugs/eggs. When I explained the situation to the front desk clerk, he attempted to convince me that it was flies in the room. However, I had killed one of the bugs and showed it to the clerk to prove that it was, in fact, bed bugs. I felt that, even though this is a current issue across the country, we should have been offered some sort of reimbursement for our trouble. However, the clerk simply indicated that he would try to get an exterminator.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank J-Me-82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lexington NC
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This would of been a very nice hotel if they would just clean it. It was nicely decorated, the pool was great and the shuttle driver and desk clerk were very nice but that's where the compliments end.
My trucking co. really needs to stop sending people there. Especially potential new drivers. It really sends a bad message to anyone attending orientation about the company they are going to work for. Just because I'm a trucker doesn't mean I don't care where i sleep. My truck is cleaner than most peoples houses.
The bottom of the bathtub was so black I had to wear my flip flops, The shower curtain was mildewed and everwhere the vacumn didn't fit was covered with dust and trash from previous guests. The bed was hard, the pillows were crunchie and the sides of the mattresses were filthy. The sheets were so thin you could see the matresss through them and the only blanket was the bed spread. I slept with my clothes on.
The Continental breakfast was lame at best. Regular coffee ( no decaf - no tea ) Stale mini muffins, toast, 2 kinds of cerial and juice. It was also put away by 9:00.
The only reason I stayed there at all was it was better than losing another night's sleep to the suffocating arkansas heat. The air conditioner worked great.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Marion hotels

Corydon, Indiana
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stopped here on our trip from TX to IN. The hotel was older however they have done the upkeep. The room was clean, the price was 50.74 including tax. The breakfast was coffee, juice that's about it. We slept well would stay here again

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank two_waters
usmcafarmy
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Me and my son came up to visit my husband for the 4th of July weekend since his work had him working up there. He was staying here so it would have been a free room for the weekend... Once I saw the room, I didn't care if it was free we left and I went and paid for a room. It was so gross, there was holes in the wall and the bathroom was just so disgusting. So I would tell anyone to pick another hotel there are plently to choose from out there..

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Very comfortable. Staff extremely courteous and helpful. Clean rooms and pleasant atmosphere. Would definately stay there again. Oh, and pet friendly too (a must have)!

• Liked — Courteous staff and pet friendly
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank SSSLiberty
Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2007

We thought we made a wrong turn to I-55 North but I told my husband not to worry about that since it was already 5 PM, we 'd better find a place to stay . Saw the sign of this Hallmarc with internet access, we stopped by and checked .
It was quite a nice surprise . The price was only $45.00 a night, the room was clean (perhaps they shapped up after visited by David) with refrigerator, microwave, coffee in the room and continental breakfast . The connection was good .

• Liked — good internet access
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AoLua
Houston, Tx
Reviewed 9 January 2007

This was a stopping point between Houston, TX and Chicago, IL. We chose a random pit stop just to spend the night and this happened to be the one off the freeway. The bed sheets had stains, floors were sticky, and there were cigarette burn marks all over the bathtub and toilet seat. The only positive thing is the staff was friendly. But that still doesn't make up for the fact this this was just an overall raunchy place. After this experience we trolled the web and apparently hygeine isn't very high on a priority list in the outer Memphis region, as there are plenty of negative reviews for other hotels there.

• Liked — I slept
  • Disliked — Filth
  • Tips/Secrets — See the misspelled hotel sign and keep driving!!!
  • Stayed July 2005, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T_in_H-town
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#4 of 19 in West Memphis
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#12 of 19 in West Memphis

Been to Hallmarc Inn? Share your experiences!